blueraptor

Hi from bloomfield nj

17 posts in this topic

Welcome, both fantastic options! I love my CZs (all 3!) and just got a VP9 Tactical last week. Still waiting on permits that I applied for months ago...

I've used Luciano's in Lodi in the past. Nice guy with fair prices. I also like to use Ocean Armory (but he's in South Jersey. I'm down there often enough, though) for my online orders since his transfers are just $10 and Mike is just a fantastic guy.

If you have any questions about CZ, let me know. Happy to help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2018 at 10:44 PM, Oakridgefirearms said:

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!

 

I'm about a half hour or so from Bloomfield and can get you whatever you need.

 

 

thanks, good to know theres a gunshop close

 

19 hours ago, stuckinNJ said:

Welcome, both fantastic options! I love my CZs (all 3!) and just got a VP9 Tactical last week. Still waiting on permits that I applied for months ago...

I've used Luciano's in Lodi in the past. Nice guy with fair prices. I also like to use Ocean Armory (but he's in South Jersey. I'm down there often enough, though) for my online orders since his transfers are just $10 and Mike is just a fantastic guy.

If you have any questions about CZ, let me know. Happy to help!

thanks, which is your top 3 handguns?   im still waiting for my permits too. i'll check out lucianos.

 

14 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Welcome.  Have you contacted PD to inquire if all.your paperwork is in order?  You've been waiting 2.5 months which will soon turn in to three months.  Do they have your two personal referrals back?

 

 

10/24/17- application submitted. the lady said it would take 1-2months to finish

11/28/17- called bureau records. the lady said all the paperwork was sent to the detective on 11/14/17 and that he has to do the investigation.

 

i emailed the  capt of the detective dept to check on my status since its almost 2 months on 12/15 but he never replied. then i emailed the detective handling my case on 12/19/17 day to check on my status but he never replied. however,  both of my references were later contacted that day(coincidence? i think not). i called the detective's office # maybe 3x that week and he never answered; i just wanted to know how many more weeks til i get the permit.

finally got a call back the week after,  and i have to say the guy is a huge dick/douche . yelling at me because i was emailing both the captain and him(which i never got a reply or callback).  saying that "its suspicious that you're eager to get this guns. im gonna call homeland security. why do you need 3 pistol permits? only gun collectors get this many." he also said something about he has 90 days of processing the application even though the lady said 1-2 months.  so that was the first call i had with the detective.he got pissed because i wanted him to do his job haha.

i feel like his gonna prolong my application if i call him again so here i am still waiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, blueraptor said:

thanks, which is your top 3 handguns?   im still waiting for my permits too. i'll check out lucianos.

Definitely definitely check out a CZ 75. I like decocker so I prefer my SP-01 Tactical. An unbelievable shooter for under $600. I’ve yet to come across anyone who got one and didn’t like it.

For striker fired I’d recommend a VP9. You can get an LE version with night sights and a 3rd mag for under $600 as well. Fantastic ergos, but some don’t like the paddle mag release.

3rd? I dunno, another CZ? Lol maybe a compact! But if you want real variety, I’d get a .357 revolver, specifically a Smith & Wesson 66 or 686 or a Ruger GP100.

These 3 would give you an amazing collection.

also, FYI, the best prices can usually be found online. I use the Reddit gundeals page here for all my deals: https://www.reddit.com/r/gundeals/

good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My town is 6-7 months. I have filed for permits 4 times all the same wait. I grew up in town I live and I know the firearms officer personally (went to school with his wife). Each time I file for 3 as do most people. Some file for 6. After 4 months I start pestering. Twice it was worth it because it probably would have taken 9 months if I didn't.

 

 

If going .357 check out the Ruger Sixes. One just sold on the forum for $325 and this one on gunbroker for $416. Both Security Six 6" models. Prices have come down on them like most collectors firearms.

 

 

Check out what I found on GunBroker.com!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/732648114

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome...

It took my Local PD 2 or 3 weeks after I did my fingerprints, for my FID. Mind you, I live in a major city here in NJ so that was a bit shocking.  I wonder if it comes back even faster now that I have an FID? 

I applied for two permits yesterday, so we'll see how fast they get back. The lady at the desk said its about 30 days but maybe less.. I want a VP9 as well, and a Ruger Mark4 to win matches. (lol) The CZ SP01 is a very very nice pistol. You've already made some good choices! Good luck. 

Shooting my .45 hurts my wallet so thats why I am choosing two other calibers.  :(

 

Be patient! Good things come to those who wait...

 

I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 5:49 PM, Chris1 said:

Welcome...

It took my Local PD 2 or 3 weeks after I did my fingerprints, for my FID. Mind you, I live in a major city here in NJ so that was a bit shocking.  I wonder if it comes back even faster now that I have an FID? 

I applied for two permits yesterday, so we'll see how fast they get back. The lady at the desk said its about 30 days but maybe less.. I want a VP9 as well, and a Ruger Mark4 to win matches. (lol) The CZ SP01 is a very very nice pistol. You've already made some good choices! Good luck. 

Shooting my .45 hurts my wallet so thats why I am choosing two other calibers.  :(

 

Be patient! Good things come to those who wait...

 

I think. 

What town are you? Now thats fast.

Hows the recoils on the .45? I might rent out a dessert eagle,  hopefully it wont fly to my face

On 1/8/2018 at 9:15 PM, stuckinNJ said:

Definitely definitely check out a CZ 75. I like decocker so I prefer my SP-01 Tactical. An unbelievable shooter for under $600. I’ve yet to come across anyone who got one and didn’t like it.

For striker fired I’d recommend a VP9. You can get an LE version with night sights and a 3rd mag for under $600 as well. Fantastic ergos, but some don’t like the paddle mag release.

3rd? I dunno, another CZ? Lol maybe a compact! But if you want real variety, I’d get a .357 revolver, specifically a Smith & Wesson 66 or 686 or a Ruger GP100.

These 3 would give you an amazing collection.

also, FYI, the best prices can usually be found online. I use the Reddit gundeals page here for all my deals: https://www.reddit.com/r/gundeals/

good luck!

Is the cz 75 better than the p10? Hopefully they got 15 round mags.

Im planning to get the vp9 for my 2nd. How effective are the night sights? 

Im just gonna rent some revolvers to get a feel for it. Dont wanna accidentally hit my face because of the recoil.

On 1/8/2018 at 9:21 PM, capt14k said:

My town is 6-7 months. I have filed for permits 4 times all the same wait. I grew up in town I live and I know the firearms officer personally (went to school with his wife). Each time I file for 3 as do most people. Some file for 6. After 4 months I start pestering. Twice it was worth it because it probably would have taken 9 months if I didn't.

 

 

If going .357 check out the Ruger Sixes. One just sold on the forum for $325 and this one on gunbroker for $416. Both Security Six 6" models. Prices have come down on them like most collectors firearms.

 

 

Check out what I found on GunBroker.com!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/732648114

 

 

 

 

Im just jealous of those people that get their permits in under a month. You sure have a lot of patience to wait that long. 

 

On 1/9/2018 at 6:00 PM, stuckinNJ said:

FYI here are my CZ SP-01 Tactical and my new VP9 Tactical 

26877500-E80B-465B-8986-8B3864ACE0DA.jpeg

2B39894D-0CBA-4FE4-9BD9-D9E6198E8D24.jpeg

Nice and looks new, what intervals do you clean guns, every 1000 rounds?

Also random question, can i bring loaded magazines on a separate bag for transport or does it have to be empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, blueraptor said:

Is the cz 75 better than the p10? Hopefully they got 15 round mags.

Im planning to get the vp9 for my 2nd. How effective are the night sights? 

Im just gonna rent some revolvers to get a feel for it. Dont wanna accidentally hit my face because of the recoil.

Nice and looks new, what intervals do you clean guns, every 1000 rounds?

Also random question, can i bring loaded magazines on a separate bag for transport or does it have to be empty.

Ok, a lot to unwrap here lol. I’ll do my best...

The CZ 75 And P10c aren’t comparable since the former is a DA/SA hammer fired while the latter is striker fired (like glocks). There have been some early adoption issues with the P10 since they just came out a few months ago. They’re great guns, I’d just hold off a bit. I’d stick to a 75 variant (again, mine is the SP-01 Tactical). It comes standard with 18 round mags but there’s a 10 round version too. The place I bought from agreed to send the 18 rounders to my FFL once he sent them in writing that he’d pin the mags to 15. It’s not illegal for a NJ FFL to receive noncompliant mags. You can even sell them and buy 15 round MecGar mags. Those are by far the best aftermarket mags (they’re the oem for Sig and CZ).

 

I cant answer you about The VP9 night sights since it’s still at my FFL. Permits only came in this week (applied 2 months ago).

You can clean em as often as you want lol. They’re duty weapons- meant to get filthy! Having said that, i wouldn’t go beyond like 2-3K rounds without cleaning.

Finally, DO NOT travel with loaded magazines. It’s a no go in NJ. Don’t do it!!

please let me know if you have any more questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now



  • Latest Topics

  • Similar Content

    • By nexnfx
      Hi! Joined a little over a week ago and have exchanged messages with several of you. Glad to be here.
       
      PS
      I sneeze in even numbers only
    • By 5th4x4
      After 2 decades of living in the People's Republic of New Jersey, I finally decided to try for a FPID.
       
      My delay in doing so was due to some bogus info I had been told regarding a criminal record (Disorderly Conduct) from 25 years ago that occurred out of state (NY).
      Obviously that did not ultimately prevent me from obtaining my NJ license (it certainly didn't prevent me from being issued an M16 in the Corps!), but according to the LEO who I dealt with, it did slow down my approval (5 months!). Seriously!!!!
      (Ok, fair enough; at least I was actually able to obtain one. That was a huge relief!)
       
      Anyway, the other delay in applying was based on my lack of knowing where I could go to fire a rifle in this area. It's been a really long time since I've fired a weapon, and I thought that it would be truly torturous to possess a rifle, but then not be able to fire it and get to know it. (kinda like ordering a delicious meal off of the menu.... and then only being allowed to look at it)
      There was a time when I participated on various Marine Corps forums, and I was always so frustrated by how many of my fellow jarheads in other states could enjoy such a carefree relationship with their firearms - while I felt that I was being denied even my most basic 2nd Amendment rights, simply because of where I was located.
       
      So....
      I'm here to acclimate myself into the NJ gun culture, and hopefully it doesn't leave me feeling too hungry.
      At this point I'm looking to (finally) purchase, and to learn what is necessary to navigate in this very restricted AO that I reside in. 
      And that's the Intro.
      T
       
       
       
       
       
    • By JIG
      Hi!
       
      Just recently got my PID and starting to get into personal target shooting, as opposed to renting at a range
       
      I've always had great times with my family going to gun ranges (favorite being Sunset Hill in PA) so figured next step would be to start shooting at indoor ranges closer to home more often
       
      Glad to be in a NJ forum for a newbie like me, forgive me for the stupid questions for a while and spamming the search function
    • By bhunted
      Hello Folks,
       
      I stumbled in here looking for new open dates for Luciano's....
       
      Lived here in WP for 54 years...
       
      I've been into guns all my adult life.
      Haven't done much shooting lately due to time and money, but when I discovered Luciano's was opening, I was like a little kid all over again.
      One of my passions is weapons among motorcycles and such and I love my collection like kids love their Tonka Trucks...
       
      I'm hoping that the new Luciano's will renew my love of shooting and how can you beat that right in your own town to boot!
      They may need a permanent chair and coffee pot for me there, because there is nothing I like to do more is to BS about guns.
       
      Currently have about a dozen weapons... My favs being my H&K USP's and my constantly evolving Bushmaster M4...
      Most of my collection are handguns.. only 2 rifles and 1 shotgun.
       
      Let's see if I can remember all my babies..
       
      Colt Python 6" .357
      Colt Mark IV Series 70 Govt 45acp
      Browning 9mm Hi Power
      H&K USP Compact 45...
      H&K USP 40S&W
      Beretta 92S 9mm
      Mossberg 590 12 gauge shotgun with Marine Coat
      Remington 700 .308 Police Sniper package
      Bushmaster M4 .223
       
      I'm probably forgetting some, but that's it for now.
       
      Happy to find this place. Hopefully it will help me stay in touch more with NJ happenings as well as good conversation.
      Cheers!
  • Posts

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.