Tony13

What do I need for 3 gun?

1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

To quote Dean's post on benos

"Only Tact Ops division will be recognized for the points, but you may shoot anything you want for fun."

To go with said quote another quote:

"The matches at New Holland will be using the long range and you will see some shooting out to 550-600 yards."

So... like really glad I got a good scope finally. 

Well that’s concerning, I sent a check for the point series with limited checked off and it was cashed!  Thanks for bringing this to light lol

19 hours ago, Tony13 said:

Ok  I have an equipment question. What would be a good optic to choose for the AR? This question is not so much for what’s the best brand, but is just a red dot good enough or would I be better off with some type of magnification?

Quality reasonably priced options are:

Scope:  1-6 or 1-8 Vortex Strike Eagle

Red Dot:  Holosun HS515CU

These are what I run and they serve me well.

8 hours ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

Depends on what you want to accomplish.

Around here, you're not going to find a match past 300 yards and most are 100 yards max.  Due to this, and my good eyes, I decided to run 3-Gun nation "Factory" division, otherwise known as "limited" or "irons" which allows one non magnified optic. 

This is the way I was thinking of shooting. Although I not so sure my eyes are that good anymore.

Vortex seems to be a good choice. I think I messed up by not buying one when they were on sale before the holidays.

You can get stuff cheap from cabelas if you use active junky and get the discount gift cards from ebay.

Right now ebay has $100 cabelas gift cards from SVM gift cards for $82, that's 18% off right there. Use Active Junky and get another 6% off. If you PM me your email address I'll send you an invite to Active Junky and we will both get $10.

I got the Vortex razor hd for under $1000 doing it this way.

Also, just get a scope. It's easier for lots of reasons, you can focus it to your specific eye sight. I hate watching guys take a half dozen shots at a plate that should only take them 1 because they can't see it.

Just now, Golf battery said:

Just got the vortex razor from cabelas for 950$.    I like it.  So if i get a bunch of gift cards i can save 180$ if i return it?  

Plus 6% cash back from Active Junky. You can probably upgrade to the razor HD. Send me your email and I'll send you an invite so we both get $10.

Thanks again TBILL for telling me about this. 

• Like 1

You don't want to know what my AJ rebate total for 2017 is.  I am tapped out. Just in time, the leprechaun is coming to steal our pot o' gold next week.  F'em.

You can only get 3 gift cards per account per offer.  Of course, you can create multiple accounts.  You just missed ten percent on AJ ended last week,  Want another angle, get a Cabelas Club Visa Card and apply the rebate towards to bill!

When the planets align you can:

On Sale

Cabelas Club percent off one day sale

GIft Cards

Active Junky Rebate

Apply Cabelas Club Visa Points towards bill.

You can only buy 3 gift cards at a time but they put new Lots up every couple of days so it doesn't take long to get a dozen or so of them. I just sent you the invite for AJ. Cabelas is actually 7% cash back right now, it goes up and down every now and then. They also do brownells and dicks. I can't remember how I did it the first time when TBILL invited me but I'm sure it's easy and the directions are in the email. 

Basically all you do is first go to the AJ website and sigh in to your account. Then click on the store you want on the AJ site, like Cabelas. Then sign into your cabelas account and buy what ever you want. You can still use gift cards and Cabela's coupons and whatever else you can find. After somewhere between 20 minutes to 5 hours AJ will send you an email saying your purchase was approved and how much money you get. If you link your Paypal account they will deposit in your Paypal account when you approve it.

6 minutes ago, T Bill said:

You don't want to know what my AJ rebate total for 2017 is.  I am tapped out. Just in time, the leprechaun is coming to steal our pot o' gold next week.  F'em.

What are you talking about t bill? Did Murphy shut down active junky or something?

1 minute ago, louu said:

What are you talking about t bill? Did Murphy shut down active junky or something?

No, but Murphy and his minions are going to tattoo our 2A butts so things will change for ammo,etc.  That and we now get clipped for sales tax as well.