Zeke

MrsZ first lower build

A clear plastic bag to work inside or at least a damn clean area where those %^*$ing parts will be easier to spot if/when they fly.  And tape on tools or around strategic locations for less chance of marring.  I followed instructions from ARFCOM (I think) and even my first one really only took 30-45 minutes going really slow and paranoid.

It feels more intimidating that first time before you do one.  After you're done, you question both "why was I so worried about this?", and "why didn't I do this way sooner?"

Good luck

• Like 5

1 minute ago, carl_g said:

@Zeke go to YouTube and there are a bunch of how to's on there. It's super easy.

@Mrs.Zeke

jus sayen.

Just now, silverado427 said:

I would get a roll pin punch set ,  The one you will really need is the bolt release pin punch.

https://www.kakindustry.com/walts-tool 

Got em

SAFETY GLASSES!!! 

You might think, or not even think about it, it's just a little spring and I know what I'm doing... The truth is that little spring can cause permanent damage to your eye. 

Den u don't no ize 2 shoot oat kid

• Like 2

I think this is one of the videos I used when I was building mine.  The guy shows you a few neat tricks to make the process easier.  I didn't have to use a bunch of fancy tools either.  I did buy a small brass and nylon hammer at HF though.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

I think this is one of the videos I used when I was building mine.  The guy shows you a few neat tricks to make the process easier.  I didn't have to use a bunch of fancy tools either.  I did buy a small brass and nylon hammer at HF though.

He does the best in explaining this stuff.   Great channel, use him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Old School said:

Nobody said.... Do the safety checks.

Do the safety checks.

Do the safety checks.

Someone recently gave me a LPK with a bad hammer and the disconnector wouldn't work.

Surprise, Surprise !!!

Mated to my Larue upper... for a function test. Not permanently...

All done thanks for the help and suggestions. 

Mates up nicely with my larue upper :good:

18 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

This was very helpful!

• Like 2