Sign in to follow this  
Jfoster99

Steyr STG77 ( 40Th Anniversary Edition)

Question for FFL’s ???

Back in October my FFL ( G&S Hunters) told me he checked with NJSP and the rifle could be transferred to me without having to do any compliance work and that he had already transfer several to other customers.. ( the 30round magazine did need to be blocked to 15rds)

The Steyr AUG is banned by name. This is an STG77 not an AUG so no issue there. However, I thought for sure the Flash Hider would need to be replaced with a Muzzle Break and permanently attached. According to his conversation with the NJSP the gun does not have a pistol grip so it is allowed to keep the Tulip Flash Hider as an allowed evil feature.

The removable plastic stock does say AUG/SA however the actual receiver only says STG77. So no worries...

I’d like to know from the other FFL’s on this site if they concur and can transfer the STG77 to me??

I have a little extra Xmas money and may be able to make a purchase now. D

e2604099d1fcf44489aea1a17a316d36.jpeg

109581a91491cb368cdf198e2039d3a8.jpeg

ae2200f1ac8239ab427bf3853c4d3809.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The issue is we've been told different things at different times - I've been told a Tavor did not have a pistol grip, but a Kriss Vector does - so I would agree with PK90 that to be safe you would be best to change out the flash suppressor for a brake.

22 hours ago, PK90 said:

IMO, that looks closer to a pistol grip than a thumbhole stock. I would swap out the FH for a permanent Brake. MSAR made ban compliant models which had brakes.

9 hours ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

The issue is we've been told different things at different times - I've been told a Tavor did not have a pistol grip, but a Kriss Vector does - so I would agree with PK90 that to be safe you would be best to change out the flash suppressor for a brake.

on the same subject.....have either of you heard any opinions on the Beretta CX4 in regards to its grip?

22 minutes ago, PK90 said:

I have heard no official opinion, but I have my own. It has a pistol grip.

Yea i think so too. And I dont see how the NJSP opined the above Steyr does not have one, just my opinion.

Yea i think so too. And I dont see how the NJSP opined the above Steyr does not have one, just my opinion.
Unless there is an official opinion letter, then opinions are like a$$h..... well, you know the rest.