rcairflyer

Recent Hague's reviews?

Pretty big news. I was a pretty regular Hagues customer. They were the place to buy SIG, and I got a couple of other good deals there. Liked the guys there, but I didn't ever shoot there. On the other hand, the guys at Freedom are great guys too. Look forward to see what happens over there. I hope they keep a good relationship and deals with SIG. 

Looks like the new owners are going to use the old Hague’s policy of forcing you to buy their ammo if you want to use the range. Kind of disappointing, in my opinion. 

Maybe they need to do that to make the business sustainable, but I’m not really interested in spending $20 for a box of 9 mm when I can get it for $10 online (just speculating on pricing here). 

The owners/employees are always friendly and seem like great guys. I’ve even purchased a few firearms from them, so I’m really pulling for them to be successful, but I just don’t see myself using or becoming a member of their range unless they change that policy. I think that’s part of the reason Hague’s didn’t survive. 

16 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

You will be pleasantly surprised by the price of ammo at the new Freedom Range.

Nothing like the old Hague-moneygrab.

Hoping for an opening by late June. 

The state paperwork goes before the judge in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for the info. Sorry, didn’t meant to jump to conclusions.

If the ammo is reasonable, that definitely changes my perspective on things.

8 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

You will be pleasantly surprised by the price of ammo at the new Freedom Range.

Nothing like the old Hague-moneygrab.

Hoping for an opening by late June. 

The state paperwork goes before the judge in the next 2 weeks.

Don't care.

"Our ammo only" is a non-starter for me; for any range. 

I won't go.

Period.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

As of right now, YES, that will be the policy for NON-MEMBERS of the range.

So members can bring there own? The post they had on Facebook, before they took it down, stated that both members AND non-members had to buy there ammo. 

4 hours ago, W2MC said:

Don't care.

"Our ammo only" is a non-starter for me; for any range. 

I won't go.

Period.

I’m 90% with you. I’ll go once to ck it out. Then tell them why I will not return. We want more ranges, but not stupid policies.

• Agree 1

The West Deptford (Crown Point Rd (Rt44) between I-295 Exits 21 and 22) shop is open on the old Mantua schedule (Tues-Sat)

The range renovations (pretty extensive given the shit condition Hagues left it in) should be complete in 2 more weeks, then the whole operation goes on a 7 day/week schedule.

Given that the NJSP NICS unit is closed on Sundays, obviously you cannot take possession of a firearm purchase until the following Monday.

Glenn and his crew are busy stocking and organizing the shop. Stop in and see them!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

The West Deptford (Crown Point Rd (Rt44) between I-295 Exits 21 and 22) shop is open on the old Mantua schedule (Tues-Sat)

The range renovations (pretty extensive given the shit condition Hagues left it in) should be complete in 2 more weeks, then the whole operation goes on a 7 day/week schedule.

Given that the NJSP NICS unit is closed on Sundays, obviously you cannot take possession of a firearm purchase until the following Monday.

Glenn and his crew are busy stocking and organizing the shop. Stop in and see them!

Thanks! Will do

So, I was driving down 295 today and after reading about the new Freedom Arms going in where Hague’s used to be I thought I should stop in.  As I pulled in a gentleman was walking out obviously heading to his truck with somewhere to go.  He stopped and asked me if he could help- I introduced myself and told him why I had stopped in.  He introduced himself as Glen one of the owners and offers to show me around.  The store is set up much the same way it was with the previous owners - but the range is different.  Completely new, clean and bright.  New backstops, shooting stations and mechanicals- beautiful.  The shop is about 3/4 full of both new and preowned guns - handguns, shotguns and rifles.  Glen took at least 1/2 an hour and showed me the entire place with obvious pride. Remember he was leaving to go when I arrived but stopped what he was doing to show me around.  Customer service is our priority he said - fair treatment, fair prices and a little ball bustin’ Seems to be the name of the game.  I am very impressed and want this place to succeed- if you are in the area do yourself a favor - stop in - introduce yourself and check it out for yourself.  I think we have a winner in town.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Haddoncoach said:

So, I was driving down 295 today and after reading about the new Freedom Arms going in where Hague’s used to be I thought I should stop in.  As I pulled in a gentleman was walking out obviously heading to his truck with somewhere to go.  He stopped and asked me if he could help- I introduced myself and told him why I had stopped in.  He introduced himself as Glen one of the owners and offers to show me around.  The store is set up much the same way it was with the previous owners - but the range is different.  Completely new, clean and bright.  New backstops, shooting stations and mechanicals- beautiful.  The shop is about 3/4 full of both new and preowned guns - handguns, shotguns and rifles.  Glen took at least 1/2 an hour and showed me the entire place with obvious pride. Remember he was leaving to go when I arrived but stopped what he was doing to show me around.  Customer service is our priority he said - fair treatment, fair prices and a little ball bustin’ Seems to be the name of the game.  I am very impressed and want this place to succeed- if you are in the area do yourself a favor - stop in - introduce yourself and check it out for yourself.  I think we have a winner in town.

Glenn is the owner and a great guy!  I will stop by tomorrow and look around!

• Like 1