Ray Ray

Sig P365

From what I understand, these will be on backorder from Sig for quite some time. I held the one in my hand that RTSP had for rent 2 weeks ago, it was way too small for me personally. I'm probably going to go with the 320 x-carry.

14 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

I will let then work the bugs out..... wait until there is an abundance of holsters options, and then decide if my G43 will go up for sale...

By the time my p2p’s come back, I’ll gamble that will happen. Round 1 has been through.

Here's Massad Ayoob's take on the P365 from GlockTalk GATE forum:

"Close to 1,000 rounds through it so far, only two feed failures, both from the same box of Winchester White Box and out of spec cartridges that wouldn't have chambered in any other 9mm, either. Best group was 2" at 25 yards with SIG's own 124 grain V-Crown JHP.
VERY impressive little gun. Recoil feels like shooting a G43. Magazine release is awkward for right-handers to operate. Very manageable trigger. An unusual number of people on the test team have sworn they're going to buy one, or ordered one already.
best,
Mas"

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Here's Massad Ayoob's take on the P365 from GlockTalk GATE forum:

"Close to 1,000 rounds through it so far, only two feed failures, both from the same box of Winchester White Box and out of spec cartridges that wouldn't have chambered in any other 9mm, either. Best group was 2" at 25 yards with SIG's own 124 grain V-Crown JHP.
VERY impressive little gun. Recoil feels like shooting a G43. Magazine release is awkward for right-handers to operate. Very manageable trigger. An unusual number of people on the test team have sworn they're going to buy one, or ordered one already.
best,
Mas"

He isn't objective, he is just a shill who never met a gun he didn't like. 

• Like 1

I really want one of these, mostly for the 10 round capacity.  These varying reports are a bit unnerving, especially as I already have a perfect G43.  Maybe I will just pocket a spare mag and check back next year. It is a smitch smaller, but still not really small enough for pocket carry like my lcp2.

• Like 1

Was at my local lgs a few hours ago when they just received their deliveries, there was one P365 that they ordered for general stock quite some time ago! Well, it was broken right out of the box. The slide was jammed shut, totally stuck. When they finally got it moving, it would rack fine and fire, but it didn’t sound right.  At this point they were unable to disassemble it, flipped the takedown lever but slide would not move all the way forward to remove.  Back it goes. 

I did get to compare it against my G43.  The length is about 1/2 inch shorter. Height about the same with the pinky extension 10 round to the Glock 6 with the +1 extension. The grip is very narrow front to back, in that it does not have a rear palm swell like the Glock. This could be why I could not get a good 2 finger grip with my boney hand. I thought the slide is blocky just like the Glock. The g43 is slimmer in overall width.  I looked at my just fired g43 brass, no primer drag at all, just a neat little dot right in the middle of every case. 

Apart from the capacity, I am not going for the p365, does not offer enough for me to switch over. If I didn’t have anything comparable it would be on my list once the gen 2 is out.