Bully

Marlin!

I dunno...I don't like the look of a rail on a lever gun.

That gun also looks like it should be chambered in something a lot bigger than .357.

• Like 3

With that laminate stock it looks more like a 336 then a 1894. I’d prefer something with solid wood... just more traditional looking I guess..

I thought about the Henry too but I like loading gates better then tube loading.

-Jim

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

The Redneck AR - 50 state legal and capable of taking down anything in North America on 2 legs or 4:

hm5EvGN.jpg

I will have 2 of these eventually, one in 38/357 and one in something larger .30-30 or maybe .45-70...

Because sometimes you may need to hunt dinosaurs.

JW_21.jpg

4 hours ago, 10X said:

That gun also looks like it should be chambered in something a lot bigger than .357.

Agree....rail's gotta go

• Like 1

Had two real Marlins. One an 1895 in 45-70 and one in 35 Remington.  Never really enjoyed them that much. Hard hitting yes, but follow up shots were slow and difficult.  Now the 38/357 and 45 Colt in a '92 are much better at fast and accurate shooting.  You just have to have a straight stock on it as well.

Meh it's a Marlin, email me when it breaks and you want a Henry recommendation.

Really though these do look pretty sweet, I hope they work out well.

To the lever action home defense gun I will reiterate what I have said before in other threads, people are freaking stupid. Henry builds a great gun but you will not see me using one other than target/hunting. I'll take 15 rounds of 223 at half the weight and way less chance of shooting threw my wall, the living room wall, fridge, exterior wall, neighbors wall, neighbors dog and ending up in their concrete basement wall

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Purple Patrick said:

Meh it's a Marlin, email me when it breaks and you want a Henry recommendation.

Really though these do look pretty sweet, I hope they work out well.

To the lever action home defense gun I will reiterate what I have said before in other threads, people are freaking stupid. Henry builds a great gun but you will not see me using one other than target/hunting. I'll take 15 rounds of 223 at half the weight and way less chance of shooting threw my wall, the living room wall, fridge, exterior wall, neighbors wall, neighbors dog and ending up in their concrete basement wall.

I feel like you became a man when you pressed "submit Reply".  Well done, well said and very professional.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2018 at 3:37 PM, 10X said:

why?  .357 loaded to older specs is more than enough for just about anything you'll ever see in NA