xXxplosive

Is There Anyone Brave Enough......

And the claim from the PD was “we had not gotten forms from the state back”.  Or something like that.   And I think it’s total BS I recalled at the time whatever he claimed was some of the things that’s supposed to be instant.   So he was pushing the blame elsewhere from probably being a typical local PD dragging their feet on the issue. 

43 minutes ago, this_is_nascar said:

My nephew is a Corrections Officer in NJ. He is always carrying off-duty. I thought the rule was on-duty carry only.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

State corrections officers have police powers in NJ IIRC.  That would give them 24/7/365 carry.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If a corrections officer has the power to arrest they could carry under LEOSA even if the arrest power is limited.

On 1/10/2018 at 5:46 PM, xXxplosive said:

Being a life long resident of the great state of New Jersey and this being my 28th yr. as a Certified NRA Instructor in 3 diciplines, I'm still uncertain just what the term "Justifiable Need " means.....Is there a member on this forum who is in the "Know", that can accurately explain just what we have here......maybe a lawyer or a judge who is brave enough to explain the term used on NJ CCL Forms. What Does This Mysterious Phrase Mean.......an accurate, acceptable example please.......Anyone ?

The exact statute was already posted by another Patriot (ty MaintainenceGuy).  But Siccardi isn't where it started.  It started with Sills & quickly went downhill from there.  Although I consider myself to be a bit of an Expert in this area, Mark Cheeseman, a former member of The Party of Six, is a regular pit bull when it comes to "Justifiable Need".  A self-made Expert (by applying TWICE & being DENIED twice for a NJ carry permit after witnessing a felony across the street from his residence & being threatened by the Perps!), Cheeseman is currently a co-founder (along with CNJFO's Treasurer Jack Pyle, CPA) of a Foundation (New Jersey Gun Owner Rights Foundation) that's looking to sue NJ & blow this scheme all to hell!  Mark is a friend of mine & we speak and exchange ideas & tactics regularly.  Mark runs a Facebook Group Page called "New Jersey Firearm Owners Syndicate".  This page has EVERYTHING anyone would desire on Justifiable Need.  There is NONE better!  Step-by-step, from the beginnings almost a century ago, Mark has outlined the mindset, decisions, codes, laws, and the current state of affairs on the NJ CCW battlefield.

When the Coalition was formed, "Justifiable Need" was set firmly in our gun sights!  It's in our wheelhouse.  We pay to maintain a sister web site to aid gun owners and the public at-large with a better understanding of the scourge of "Justifiable Need":  http://www.JustifiableNeed.com .  It's not as comprehensive OR confusing as trying to interpret actual NJ gun law statutes, but it gets the point across how bad Justifiable Need is and why common NJ folks are dying because of it!  At the end, we have a way to communicate directly with NJ Legislators in an effort to END the SCHEME.  

I know you & I have had our differences of opinion on how best to promote the Coalition, but in the spirit or cooperation, let's put all of that behind us & work together for the benefit of everyone!

I hope you find the above useful in some way.  Thanks for being an Instructor, Mentor & 2A Patriot!

Rosey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, this_is_nascar said:

My nephew is a Corrections Officer in NJ. He is always carrying off-duty. I thought the rule was on-duty carry only.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

my BIL is a retired CO, carrys all the time. If some of my xmas party guests knew at the time they would have blown there eggnog lol

10 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

I just heard about a corrections officer that left his personal vehicle running while he ran into a store. with his issued firearm in it. the car got stolen.

That was pretty stupid on his part.

Things like that are not unique to LEOs in most of America though.