NJ_DD

NJ/PA Ranges

Do you guys know of any ranges in NJ or PA that’s allow “green tip” ammo? I ordered some 5.56 PMC ammo and now I’m having issues finding a range where I am able to use steel core ammo. Would appreciate any tips as I have 1,000 rounds of this stuff lol. I’m located in union county and I don’t mind taking a drive. Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, brucin said:

PA game commission range rules state "armor piercing" ammo is prohibited. I'm not sure if green tip qualifies as armor piercing.

According to the ATF “M855” ammo isn’t considered “Armor Piercing” (https://www.itstactical.com/warcom/ammunition/military-ammunition-and-why-green-tip-m855-is-not-armor-piercing/) Seems like most ranges don’t allow steel core though. I should’ve done my due diligence before lol 

14 minutes ago, NJ_DD said:

According to the ATF “M855” ammo isn’t considered “Armor Piercing” (https://www.itstactical.com/warcom/ammunition/military-ammunition-and-why-green-tip-m855-is-not-armor-piercing/) Seems like most ranges don’t allow steel core though. I should’ve done my due diligence before lol 

You would probably be good to go then. I've never seen anyone checking ammo at one of these ranges. Permits $30 for a year. They will enforce the 3 rounds in a rifle magazine though.

16 minutes ago, brucin said:

You would probably be good to go then. I've never seen anyone checking ammo at one of these ranges. Permits $30 for a year. They will enforce the 3 rounds in a rifle magazine though.

Was hoping someone would have experienced it already but I’ll just have to give it a try and see. Just thinking ahead to avoid any issues. Thanks for trying to help out, appreciate it.