Scorpio64

Private Transfers, With a Twist.

So, lets';s say...  There's this woman, she's the executrix of her late sister's estate.  Her late sister's husband owned a couple of shotguns and a rifle.  There are no heirs to the estate and the estate is bequeathed to the executrix.  The executrix wants to sell the guns.  What does she have to do?  Can a person who does not hold a FID sell or transfer a long gun to a person who DOES hold a FID?

Although the basic question has already been answered.....  I want to also mention

FID card is required for Long Guns purchases

FID card is actually NOT required for handgun purchases  - only the Purchase Permit.  Although rarely done,  you can obtain purchase permits without an FID card and purchase a handgun. But since the FID is needed for so many other things in this state, no one goes without obtaining one in this hobby.

And before anyone thinks I am nuts....

Read very carefully  -  13:54-1.3 Firearm identification card or permit to purchase required and 13:54-1.4 Applications for a firearms purchaser identification card and for a permit to purchase a handgun

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/njac-title13-ch54.pdf

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

So, lets';s say...  There's this woman, she's the executrix of her late sister's estate.  Her late sister's husband owned a couple of shotguns and a rifle.  There are no heirs to the estate and the estate is bequeathed to the executrix.  The executrix wants to sell the guns.  What does she have to do?  Can a person who does not hold a FID sell or transfer a long gun to a person who DOES hold a FID?

she doesn't need what you call "FID" to possess those firearms. because it's not an id to possess. technically. it's a FPID. firearm PURCHASE id. so yes, she can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobA said:

Hot funk cool punk even if it's old junk its still dead pig to me.  

Sooooo, what kind of rifle does this poor little confused old lady need help with?

Firearm (s) me thinks.. collection me thinks.

Me thinks, make me  head hurt

64.... you do have some years on me

Just now, BobA said:

Hot funk cool punk even if it's old junk its still dead pig to me.  

Sooooo, what kind of rifle does this poor little confused old lady need help with?

A Parker Bros double barrel, an 1897 trench gun, a Kreighoff single barrel and a M1 Carbine.

On 1/11/2018 at 0:34 AM, 67gtonut said:

Although the basic question has already been answered.....  I want to also mention

FID card is required for Long Guns purchases

FID card is actually NOT required for handgun purchases  - only the Purchase Permit.  Although rarely done,  you can obtain purchase permits without an FID card and purchase a handgun. But since the FID is needed for so many other things in this state, no one goes without obtaining one in this hobby.

And before anyone thinks I am nuts....

Read very carefully  -  13:54-1.3 Firearm identification card or permit to purchase required and 13:54-1.4 Applications for a firearms purchaser identification card and for a permit to purchase a handgun

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/njac-title13-ch54.pdf

Just bought a pistol 2 nights ago at GSSC. I handed him my purchase permit and the first thing he said was let me see your fid and dl. I remember doing this the last few purchases before this also.

On 1/11/2018 at 0:34 AM, 67gtonut said:

58 minutes ago, NJLEFTY said:

Just bought a pistol 2 nights ago at GSSC. I handed him my purchase permit and the first thing he said was let me see your fid and dl. I remember doing this the last few purchases before this also.

FPID is not required for a handgun purchase, but normally ask for it as well.

Just now, cabalrayz said:

how does one own a m1 carbine if the original owner is dead?

The list isn't real.  I have no details other than it was a rifle and a few shotguns..  I just threw out that list as red meat for the vultures.  <stupid grin>

• Like 1