njJoniGuy

And here comes the shitslide ...

The first day of the 2018-19 legislative session and already the hoppers are filling with proposed bills.

Note they're not ALL bad, just the vast majority of them.

Session 2018-2019
Bill A154:
Space, Parker/Webber, Jay
Requires access to law enforcement guidelines for processing firearms permit applications upon public records request.
1/9/2018  Introduced And Referred To Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee

Bill A166:
Space, Parker/Wirths, Harold J.
Repeals certain restrictions on future retail sales of handguns.

Bill A248:
Kean, Sean T.
Disqualifies person named on federal Terrorist Watchlist from obtaining firearms identification card or permit to purchase handgun.
1/9/2018  Introduced And Referred To Assembly Homeland Security and State Preparedness Committee

Bill A505:
DiMaio, John
Clarifies that BB guns are not firearms under New Jersey law.

Bill A655:
Jasey, Mila M./Quijano, Annette
Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.

Bill A906:
DeCroce, BettyLou/Webber, Jay/Rooney, Kevin J.
Allows courts to issue restraining orders prohibiting persons charged with firearms and gang related offenses from entering premises, locations, or areas where the offense occurred.

Bill A1253:
Tucker, Cleopatra G.
Permits certain special law enforcement officers to carry firearms at all times when in State.

Bill A1286:
Greenwald, Louis D./Johnson, Gordon M./Eustace, Tim
Revises statutes concerning firearms purchaser identification cards and handgun purchase permits; makes handgun purchase permit valid for four years.

Bill A1386:
Bucco, Anthony M./DiMaio, John/Rooney, Kevin J.
Revises procedures for securing permit to carry handgun.

Bill A1673:
Dancer, Ronald S./Space, Parker
Establishes fourth degree crime of possessing firearms locator application; enhances penalty if such application is used in theft of firearm.

Bill A1901:
Mukherji, Raj
Requires State Police to produce brochure summarizing law governing transport and possession of firearms; requires MVC to make brochure available to new State residents registering vehicles.

Bill A2150:
Bramnick, Jon M.
Increases statute of limitations for prosecution of theft of firearm.

Bill ACR63:
Greenwald, Louis D./Quijano, Annette/Eustace, Tim
Urges President and Congress of United States to enact assault weapons ban including prohibition against large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

Bill S102:
Weinberg, Loretta/Gill, Nia H.
Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
1/9/2018  Introduced And Referred To Senate Law and Public Safety Committee

Bill S281:
Holzapfel, James W.
Increases criminal penalties if leaving loaded firearm within easy access of minor results in injury or death.

Bill S501:
Kean, Thomas H.
"The 10-20-Life Law."

Bill S547:
Gill, Nia H.
Establishes a regulatory program for rifle and shotgun ammunition sales.

Bill S548:
Gill, Nia H.
Strengthens State's assault weapons ban.

Bill S569:
Sacco, Nicholas J.
Provides for forfeiture of vehicle where weapon was unlawfully possessed.

Bill S793:
Codey, Richard J.
Prohibits sale and possession of undetectable firearms manufactured using three dimensional printing technology.

Did we expect anything less?  Five rounds is interesting. NY tried 7 and that is failing miserably.  Greenwald's redo of the FPID card has a lot of hidden crap in it I see.  More to come I guess.  For a good read see look up what Washington state just put on their plate.  Lots of similarities.  And  Nia Gill is still at it with MSRs.  One feature gets a ban instead of two making all contraband.

• Like 1

Here comes the "strengthening" of the assault weapon definition...  with ONE feature instead of two for those substantially identical

>>  This one will hurt. <<

Bill S548:
Gill, Nia H.

9 minutes ago, fatty said:

Here comes the "strengthening" of the assault weapon definition...  with ONE feature instead of two for those substantially identical

>>  This one will hurt. <<

Bill S548:
Gill, Nia H.

Wow, 

“a semi automatic version of an automatic rifle” doesn’t that mean a Browning BAR is out? 

So if you have a normal pistol with a detachable magazine and a threaded barrel, you will be illegal? Geez

We are so screwed...

It will serve their evil purpose of outlawing most currently-legal firearms in New Jersey.

That is their true goal.

Only when they turn a vast number of us into criminals can they hope to gain absolute control over us.

Paging Robespierre!

Is Robespierre in the house?

1 hour ago, sota said:

I was going to say, just reading the summaries, some of them are actually steps in the right direction.

They are giving you something, which they want you to think is something, but in reality it's actually nothing.  It's like putting a dinner plate and flatware in front of a hungry man with no food on the plate.  They are appeasing the handgun crowd, lightly treading on the Fudds and completely screwing the high power semiauto rifle people.  The revised AWB BS is nothing more than getting the kinds of rifles out of our hands that the framers exactly wanted us to have.

• Like 1

After a quick scan... I predict the one that they WON'T pass is the "10-20-Life" law. That seems to add substantial years onto other serious criminal sentences (murder, kidnapping, etc.) if you also used a gun to hurt or threaten someone during that crime. Soooo... more likely than not, what that law would do is lock up an awful lot of bad guys (gangbangers, etc). for a VERY long time. That sounds... dare I say, sort of logical. So, yeah, they probably won't pass that one. Someone will squawk about how it further oppresses disadvantaged men of color... or some other crap.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

After a quick scan... I predict the one that they WON'T pass is the "10-20-Life" law. That seems to add substantial years onto other serious criminal sentences (murder, kidnapping, etc.) if you also used a gun to hurt or threaten someone during that crime. Soooo... more likely than not, what that law would do is lock up an awful lot of bad guys (gangbangers, etc). for a VERY long time. That sounds... dare I say, sort of logical. So, yeah, they probably won't pass that one. Someone will squawk about how it further oppresses disadvantaged men of color... or some other crap.

I thought that was already in the law somehow

10 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I thought that was already in the law somehow

I sort of though there was an extra sentence for committing a crime with a firearm too. Maybe it's the number or years? Or the fact that they are tacked on as "extra"  - to be served in addition to the original sentence? Total guesswork on my part. I really don't know. Maybe someone else more knowledgeable will weigh in.

The 5 rounds looked ridiculous. Frankly, that would rule out a number of competitive shooting sports like steel for instance... totally puts the kibosh on some recreational shooting. Not to mention, who wants only 5 rounds in a self-defense situation? There's going to be a LOT of non-compliance. I think the permitting thing looks troublesome too. If some cop pulls me over... and my driver's license is blaring that I'm a gun owner... could that create some problems with the least professional members of law enforcement? In the worst case scenario, I could see that prompting more questions, a request to search the car, etc., etc. Yeah, I don't see that going well at all... it's an invitation to harass. You only need a tiny percentage of LEOs with that mindset and you'll see all kinds of problems. Not to mention the whole "approved" training thing - with a curriculum decided by (apparently) the anti-2A politicians! I can only imagine what that curriculum would look like or how expensive it might be.

I'm fervently praying that there are pro-2A lawyers poring over this stuff right this very second, planning the injunctions and the lawsuits.

2 hours ago, MartyZ said:

These idiots even put muzzle brakes on the list? How fucked up are these morons?

you know why they did just like i know why they did. they're not as fucked up as you think. they want to make shooting as miserable as they can.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

The 5 rounds looked ridiculous. Frankly, that would rule out a number of competitive shooting sports like steel for instance... totally puts the kibosh on some recreational shooting. Not to mention, who wants only 5 rounds in a self-defense situation? There's going to be a LOT of non-compliance. 

You mean like NY’s SAFE?

didnt the 7-round limit in that get struck down?

wonder how many will dig up their semi if this passes

The bill exempts
from the 10 round limitation
those semi
-
automat
ic rifles which have an attached
tubular magazine and which
are
capable of operating only with .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.
This exemption would permit the sale and possession
of a popular
beginner gun, the Marlin Model 60, often referred to as
the “Bo
y Scout
gun.” These firearms are low caliber and the attached tubular
magazine cannot be quickly reloaded.

Just now, USRifle30Cal said:

Do NOT bet on it at all......  that is a bet I would not take.

I hope I am sooooo wrong.

Call me a sunny optimist... but I think you're wrong. It's not going to happen within 48 hours, obviously... I mean come'on... let's all be realistic. But, I'd say the next couple of months will bring at least some legal activity... an injunction or a lawsuit, etc. It will begin. And it will take a loooong time for those cases to wind their way through the system. In the meantime, every owner needs to decide for themselves what they're going to do. It's just that simple. 

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

You forgot A069: Gunowners are required to bend over and grab your ankles

Referred to DOT to secure a dedicated rest stop on I295

Dude I haven't been able to safely do that now for over 20 years.