njJoniGuy

And here comes the shitslide ...

This is going to be a put up or shut up type of thing. It's nothing new that NJ has been heading in a death spiral for NJ firearm owners. It seems the NRA flexes its muscle in more tolerant firearm states. I've always have and will still support the NRA but, in all reality their not going to be able to do much for NJ firearm owners. I look forward when within a year people in NJ will turn on Murphy in mass. People will be calling 101.5 FM moaning about one issue or another and more than likely half of them voted for little "governor moon beam Jr.". Is there going to be a massive buy out of ARs and 15 round magazines and how the hell can it be implemented? Wake up NJ residents it's not only firearms.Trump said it right it's a s..t hole.

Courts are the only hope. Just in this thread you can see people worrying about protecting their own.

"My revolvers are safe? Whew! I'm against new laws but as long as I'm good I likely won't do much more".

Until the courts hopefully save NJ from the Communists everyone who doesn't have an AR should buy one ASAP. With at least 15 round mags. The more who do the harder it will be to enforce a ban.

I voted, and I have never voted for a Communist Democrat who wants to destroy the American way of life. All Democrats are Communists because at the end of the day they tow the party line. Anyone who voted Dem pat yourselves on the back and let the rest of us know how you aren't a single issue voter which in reality means you can give two shits about the Second Amendment. As long as your over under shotguns and drillings are safe, or you are able to legally smoke weed. Legalizing Marijuana is a trap being set by your caring Democrat representatives to take away your 2A Rights.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Let’s transcribe that. 30% is 30% all

day long 

Zeke,

30% of the state voting population showed up.  Of that total, there are 800K more democrats registered than republicans.  You can bet you ass they are free shit army folks in the crime infested cities.  In fact, look at Hudson County!  Its a total shit show and they went for Murphy by close to 80%.  YES, there are those who shoot and do not vote. There are also those who shoot and vote for the liberal democrats.  You can point to the 30% turnout and say many shooters did not vote but it simply does not support a Republican victory.  Kim was damaged goods due to Christie and was an underfunded, low energy candidate.  Ass wipe Murphy straight up bought the election county by county.  It was in the bag well before the 2A crowd got to the polls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S&W39 said:

will still support the NRA but, in all reality their not going to be able to do much for NJ firearm owners. .

i disagree. there is plenty they could do should they really want to. they could start with lawsuits and injunctions the very moment each one of these highly illegal bills are passed.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, alec.mc said:

What gave you the impression that I was throwing anybody under the bus? 

Asking a specific question that I found confusing to the way the new proposed law is written that would pertain to me personally , doesnt mean that I want this law to pass. I was honestly confused about if 8 shot revolvers would become illegal.

Ray, dont forget who was standing next to you at the protests in Trenton while it was freezing rain in the middle of

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." -In the Continental Congress just before signing the Declaration of Independence, 1776.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pasu0115 said:

Just noticed in S548 THAT semi auto rifles with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 6 rounds will be banned. Looks like they are going to go after M1 Garands!

I also have concerns with the bill calling for the FID info to be loaded onto your drivers license. This seems like a backdoor way to ban out of state purchases, as out of state dealers may not have access to the data on the NJ drivers licenses.

read it again.....

(b) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least one of the  
9 following characteristics:
10 (i) a folding or telescoping stock;
11 (ii) a thumbhole stock;
12 (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by  
13 the non-trigger hand;
14 (iv) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of six rounds;

• Like 1

read it again.....  

13 the non-trigger hand;

However the bill would ban many other collectible military surplus firearms, unless their collector value was destroyed. These would include German G41, FN-49 Argentine, French MAS Rifles 44, 49, and 49/56, Swedish Ljungman AG42B, SVT-38, SVT-40, Egyptian Hakim, and I'm sure some more that I can't think of right now that have a detachable magazine and a bayonet mount. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, capt14k said:

However the bill would ban many other collectible military surplus firearms, unless their collector value was destroyed. These would include German G41, G/K43, FN-49 Argentine, French MAS Rifles 44, 49, and 49/56, Swedish Ljungman AG42B, SVT-38, SVT-40, Egyptian Hakim, and I'm sure some more that I can't think of right now that have a detachable magazine and a bayonet mount.

Effing destruction of history - makes me sick..........................  effing liberal sons of bitches - guess what - NO ....now move along and go find some real criminals.

What they do not understand is NO ONE that owns a FN-49 is knocking over drug stores - or shooting up schools - frankly the gun doesnt matter and I do not want to indicate that - the over medication of our population is the problem.

• Like 1

Effing destruction of history - makes me sick..........................  effing liberal sons of bitches - guess what - NO ....now move along and go find some real criminals.

What they do not understand is NO ONE that owns a FN-49 is knocking over drug stores - or shooting up schools - frankly the gun doesnt matter and I do not want to indicate that - the over medication of our population is the problem.
I would never destroy any of my historic milsurp rifles to bow down and conform to the masters.

Their new bill would allow the G/K43 that I originally added by mistake, but they would expect the bayonet mount to be removed from the G41 or one could potentially be felon under their new unconstitutional laws. Maybe the collecting angle would be good grounds for the courts to throw the entire law out.

• Like 1

What the NRA should or will do is a big if. The environment in this state is toxic for firearm owners. The NRA will not unfortunately invest much time on NJ. They know how to pick their battles and they will obligatory object to these NJ laws. In all reality that’s about all they can do. Corzine got his way so will Murphy unfortunately. I know someone who has spoken to Murphy privately and told me this guy is unhinged about firearms.

The NRA should have seen by now how none of this is in a vacuum.  States like NJ, NY, MD, MA incrementally worsen their laws and that stuff spreads to nearby states..then it repeats. 

Mat some point it has to be fought at its source. Can’t wait until it metastasizes. 

11 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I also have concerns with the bill calling for the FID info to be loaded onto your drivers license. This seems like a backdoor way to ban out of state purchases, as out of state dealers may not have access to the data on the NJ drivers licenses.

If this happens it is so it will  alert the cop so he can ask “the question”. 

If this happens it is so it will  alert the cop so he can ask “the question”. 
IIRC isn't there already a way they can take an educated guess? A database they have access to where anyone in it is a FPID holder, health care worker, or corrections? Or is that another state?

33 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I never said that - someone else did.....  :)

You do bring up a good point about another (un)intended consequence of this bill. What do you send to out of state ammo vendors who require a copy of your  FID?  A pic of the magnetic strip of your DL?

not limited to out of state either. Now in-state vendors would need something to read it. Or more likely you’ll now have o go through a FFL and NJ NICS. 

13 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

read it again.....

13 the non-trigger hand;

My mistake, read it on my phone and thought it was under the rifle section.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

oh they understand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

You do bring up a good point about another (un)intended consequence of this bill. What do you send to out of state ammo vendors who require a copy of your  FID?  A pic of the magnetic strip of your DL?

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Internet sales will go away too so it won't be an issue.

• Like 1

The question I have is can this bill, if passed, pass legal muster without a grandfather clause? This bill would effectively ban most if not all AR platform rifles and much more. This bill goes WAY beyond any other state's bans and I just can't see the Federal Courts allowing it to stand!:mad:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

The question I have is can this bill, if passed, pass legal muster without a grandfather clause? This bill would effectively ban most if not all AR platform rifles and much more. This bill goes WAY beyond any other state's bans and I just can't see the Federal Courts allowing it to stand!:mad:

Then you just haven't found the right judge.

/sarcoff

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

no, it cannot. but that apparently hasn't stopped nj before. wait'll the "bargains" start.

S548 contains a serious error - 

(c) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a thumbhole stock;

(iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;

(iv) capacity to accept an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(v) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

(vi) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;

(vii) a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; or

(viii) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm

Since there is an automatic version of the Glock pistol (Glock 18) this would ban all Glock 17s, right?  It's under the PISTOL heading.

59 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

(viii) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm

Since there is an automatic version of the Glock pistol (Glock 18) this would ban all Glock 17s, right?  It's under the PISTOL heading.

Technically, this is a chicken vs egg situation.  The G17 existed as a semi auto pistol first, then someone came along a few years later and made a FA version of a SA pistol. 

The G17 is not a semi auto version of a FA pistol.  It's the other way around.

• Like 2