njJoniGuy

And here comes the shitslide ...

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

just outta curiosity......since most of us will be needing to take our stuff to an alt. residence, or a friends in free America......what's some good ranges in pa? that aren't a crazy drive from cherry hill area?

Probably... but they would all require NRA membership. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carl_g said:

Probably... but they would all require NRA membership. :)

that didn't answer the question? i'm already a member since i have to be for the range here....but apparently i won't be able to shoot my stuff here in nj anymore, so i need some advice on good ranges close'ish to cherry hill....but across the border in free America.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

that didn't answer the question? i'm already a member since i have to be for the range here....but apparently i won't be able to shoot my stuff here in nj anymore, so i need some advice on good ranges close'ish to cherry hill....but across the border in free America.

It doesn't matter that you can't shoot your legally acquired firearms in your home state, as long as you are a member of the NRA. Because in the end, being a member of the NRA is the only thing that matters. <Sarcasm off>

33 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

Pistol People in Bensalem.

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

just outta curiosity......since most of us will be needing to take our stuff to an alt. residence, or a friends in free America......what's some good ranges in pa? that aren't a crazy drive from cherry hill area?

Heritage guild in Easton shouldn't be too far. There is another one, however, I don't rememer it's name.

Never mind, I didn't check the map. There are some places in Philadelphia but I'm not sure if they are worth the drive.

8 minutes ago, Alex V said:

I don't see discussion of S548 here.  It's the new and improved AWB which would make all of our semi-auto's illegal over night.  Fun, right? 

That is not true at all - IMO

They are targeting specifically AK/AR types and those type/like of military variants - right or wrong that is what it appears to be.

not every semi auto.........................  at *THIS* time -

the goal is all firearms out of the hands of the civilians - unless you are an Israeli - in the promised land - then Loretta is all for it....ya know safety and security.  Ever see pics of here with folks carrying guns....I saw one with some IDF members and another some had an AR slinged across their back mag removed....she was all smiles.....wish I knew where I saw it....  :)

11 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

They are targeting specifically AK/AR types and those type/like of military variants - right or wrong that is what it appears to be.

the goal is all firearms out of the hands of the civilians - unless you are an Israeli - in the promised land - then Loretta is all for it....ya know safety and security.  Ever see pics of here with folks carrying guns....I saw one with some IDF members and another some had an AR slinged across their back mag removed....she was all smiles.....wish I knew where I saw it....  :)

IDK about that- looks like they have expanded the definition of an AW to over and above the named & simular types to include:

" (a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a 43 detachable magazine and has at least one of the following 44 characteristics:" 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

the goal is all firearms out of the hands of the civilians - unless you are an Israeli - in the promised land - then Loretta is all for it....ya know safety and security.  Ever see pics of here with folks carrying guns....I saw one with some IDF members and another some had an AR slinged across their back mag removed....she was all smiles.....wish I knew where I saw it...

Ammoland

Gun-Banner-Loretta-Weinberg.jpg

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Yeah pretty much all. 

This bill would make a "second handgrip" an evil feature. How many rifles do you know that you hold with one hand? 

Every magazine fed semi auto will be an "Assault Weapon" 

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i believe it says a second handgrip that protrudes.......

You believe incorrectly. 

" Under the bill, additional criteria are added including a thumbhole stock and a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand.  The bill also requires that only one criteria be met, rather than the currently required two."

both/either will be evil features. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

So, Alex, is it your interpretation that any rifle that accepts a detachable mag and also has a handguard will be redefined as an AW?

Is a handguard considered a grip?  Also, they want to add muzzle breaks/comps as an evil feature as well.  

1 minute ago, njJoniGuy said:

So, Alex, is it your interpretation that any rifle that accepts a detachable mag and also has a handguard will be redefined as an AW?

I think what Alex is getting at is Murphy wants to ban vertical foregrips.  Apparently, in Murphy's infinite wisdom, anything that makes a firearm more accurate or comfortable to shoot makes it an assault weapon.  I won't be surprised if he goes after weapons lights too.

6 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I think what Alex is getting at is Murphy wants to ban vertical foregrips.  Apparently, in Murphy's infinite wisdom, anything that makes a firearm more accurate or comfortable to shoot makes it an assault weapon.  I won't be surprised if he goes after weapons lights too.

Frankly I am surprised they didn't go after slings.

1 hour ago, njJoniGuy said:

That is how I read it.  Nappen appears to understand it the same way according to his FB for what it's worth.

Once again, the law is vague.  Be it maliciousness or ignorance, I don't know.  They could mean something like a Magpul AFG by "second handgrip" but anything other than the pistol grip or palm swell where you would put your support (non-triggered) hand is a second handgrip is it not? They specify a "protruding grip" separately.   

Seems to me like all magazine fed semi autos are fucked regardless of any other feature unless it doesn't have a stock or handguard. 

The fact that we are discussing this is nauseating.  Were you guys willing to accept this law if it was only vertical foregrips?  Really?  You are okay ending up like NYC?  Really?

3 hours ago, siderman said:

IDK about that- looks like they have expanded the definition of an AW to over and above the named & simular types to include:

" (a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a 43 detachable magazine and has at least one of the following 44 characteristics:" 

and by reading that and in every conversational thread it always comes down to AR/AK pattern - this is unfortunately driven by the same type mil rifle set - IMO - nothing more

2 hours ago, Alex V said:

Yeah pretty much all. 

This bill would make a "second handgrip" an evil feature. How many rifles do you know that you hold with one hand? 

Every magazine fed semi auto will be an "Assault Weapon" 

You may read it that way I for one do not - they are attempting to ban features sets of the aforementioned rifles to make them so distasteful for purists and or unobtainium in the feature set to own

i believe it says a second handgrip that protrudes.......

yes that is the point of the section - IMO

1 hour ago, Alex V said:

That is how I read it.  Nappen appears to understand it the same way according to his FB for what it's worth.

The fact that we are discussing this is nauseating.  Were you guys willing to accept this law if it was only vertical foregrips?  Really?  You are okay ending up like NYC?  Really?

Again interpretations - let's see how it plays out - Nappen and his interpretations are sometimes kinda out there and he does liek to stir the pot -

You franly do not have a choice you *ARE* talking about it and you will be just like NYC - the 2A in NJ effectively ceased to exist by the low voter turnout back in Nov of 17 - that day was the death knell here in this state.

Let us cut to the chase shall we - all the threads - all the bemoaning - all the posturing - NOTHING that is said here is going to change on gosh darn thing.  NJ is effectively lost - done gone finito - in terms of guns.  Once taxes go up - once illegals are rampant - once everything he wants to do starts getting enacted you have a better chance of getting a low jolt from pissing on spark plug that you do selling ur home at a good market value to leave.

Best make peace with the fact that - AR/AK are done, mil type rifle in that manner are done - 50CAL is done - 10 rounds will be it across the board but do not discount traction for 5 - smart guns are the thing. ( you have been buying handguns right? revolvers as well? )

Very sad - we wil lall have to make do as best we can until we can either leave or injunctive relief happens..

Someone said to me - " There are a lot of free states, don't become a felon in this one and lose your rights elsewhere - be smart"  - that is some very sound advice........YMMV

3 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

You franly do not have a choice you *ARE* talking about it and you will be just like NYC - the 2A in NJ effectively ceased to exist by the low voter turnout back in Nov of 17 - that day was the death knell here in this state.

What I mean is that I can't believe we are discussing this as if one is okay to loose (vertical foregrips) and the other isn't (forward handguard) The loss of either is unacceptable.  

Having said that, I agree.  Bitching and moaning here, won't do shit, and you are right, it's time to leave.  It's been time to leave for a while, not it's just more urgent. 

• Like 1

I'M thinking that because it says "second" it's meaning anything added. so those angled grips that were made probably to get past the vertical grip thing would be out. i don't see even nj trying to say that the forend on our rifles is illegal......

that all said.......are the lawsuits ready yet? 'cause they should've been long ago.

20 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

I'M thinking that because it says "second" it's meaning anything added. so those angled grips that were made probably to get past the vertical grip thing would be out. i don't see even nj trying to say that the forend on our rifles is illegal......

that all said.......are the lawsuits ready yet? 'cause they should've been long ago.

I will have faith...until it is time not too.

Broadcasting here or on faceboom what is planned makes zero sense at all.  That would be like broadcasting military plans on open air channels without Cyphers etc.  Have faith....

In the meantime, prepare for the worst...make ur plans. ..I have been for two years.....  moving the collection around, preparing for the day things I want to keep maybe illegal here to move elsewhere. ...

And when you can get out there is an upside...if we get a few hundred thousand gun owners put of this star and relocate elsewhere it might just help another state !  Maybe we are at dunkirk.....  pardon my sad attemempt at humor....during a very dire time.

But in their darkest hour the populace had the strength of lions - so should we.

• Like 1

Guys, have none of you ever seen the fish-man or stub style grips that they have to use in NY? 

What those grips do is make an AR/AK type almost impossible to comfortably and more important, SAFELY hold, handle, and fire. The use of a vertical foregrip is essentially required with one of those. Simply put, I wouldn't even want to be in the booth next to someone firing one of those things.

Check the stub grip below, you are essentially no longer even holding the rifle as people have held a rifle in the past couple hundred years. You're pushing with the trigger hand, and pulling with the offhand, and bracing against the shoulder. IMO this is NOT SAFE.

So, of course, that is what they are trying to do, ban the vertical foregrips, that way even if you retrofit your rifle with the Monster-Man or stub, you will quickly find it unwieldy and unsafe and either get rid of it or let it collect dust. 

rileyny (1 of 10).jpg

Some are going to be stuck between a rock, hard place, and a pack of assholes. Can’t move, can’t toss away thousands of dollars of personal property, can’t be a felon.  Those people are going to rely on someone, or some Org, being rich enough to be a strong enough test case to SCOTUS or risk becoming one themselves and ruined in the process. 

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Some are going to be stuck between a rock, hard place, and a pack of assholes. Can’t move, can’t toss away thousands of dollars of personal property, can’t be a felon.  Those people are going to rely on someone, or some Org, being rich enough to be a strong enough test case to SCOTUS or risk becoming one themselves and ruined in the process. 

Or we can nut up? Make this our Lexington and Concord? Violence is, sometimes, the answer.  

Just an idea. It works for the Left.  They love burning shit down when they feel marginalized.  Maybe get a free TV and some Air Jordans out of it as well. Why are we sitting on our hands?

Nah, we have 1200 channels of shit on TV.  Who cares about rights.  Amiright? 

Either way.  I'm planning my exfil. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex V said:

Or we can nut up? Make this our Lexington and Concord? Violence is, sometimes, the answer.  

Advocating violence to protest gun control?  A bold strategy but one too easily spun the other way. “See, theyre gun nuts!  They can’t be trusted with firearms”. And honestly, if it comes to that we have already lost. 

8 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Advocating violence to protest gun control?  A bold strategy but one too easily spun the other way. “See, theyre gun nuts!  They can’t be trusted with firearms”. And honestly, if it comes to that we have already lost. 

It was a question, not an advocation. 

As for your reply; Samuel Adams already covered what I would say in response 

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MartyZ said:

That is why I don't join any club that requires me to join the NRA. It's not the NRA in and of itself, even though I cut ties with them a long time ago. I just don't like being part of any organization which requires you to be a member of other organizations, just for the "Honor" of being a member. Screw them.

Its not for the 'honor' of membership; its insurance...most of the shooting ranges get their insurance coverage via NRA programs, and you get insurance coverage via your NRA membership.  

But I assume you already knew that.

• Like 1