njJoniGuy

And here comes the shitslide ...

One bill limits magazines to 5 another to 10.. am i missing something.

This sort of annoys me, it makes 2 classes of people in this state.

The bill also permits retired police officers authorized to possess and carry a handgun in this State to continue to possess and carry a magazine capable of holding up to 15 rounds.

18 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

That is not true at all - IMO

They are targeting specifically AK/AR types and those type/like of military variants - right or wrong that is what it appears to be.

not every semi auto.........................  at *THIS* time -

the goal is all firearms out of the hands of the civilians - unless you are an Israeli - in the promised land - then Loretta is all for it....ya know safety and security.  Ever see pics of here with folks carrying guns....I saw one with some IDF members and another some had an AR slinged across their back mag removed....she was all smiles.....wish I knew where I saw it....  :)

Well, if you take removable magazine and one other feature that hits a heck of a lot more then ARs and AKs...

My wife’s Beretta CX4 and my Ruger 10/22 with thumbhole stock will both be illegal. :( I can change my stock to something else but we’ll have to get rid of the Beretta which is her favorite... 

-Jim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, remixer said:

Define Muzzle brake :)

Maybe its called a shroud. Barrel Extension or Thingamagig. :)

In that case the manufacturers would have to stop calling it a muzzle brake. Because today the definition of a flash hider depends on the manufacturers classification of the device.

I highly doubt all manufacturers will change their naming convention for us.

1 minute ago, MartyZ said:

In that case the manufacturers would have to stop calling it a muzzle brake. Because today the definition of a flash hider depends on the manufacturers classification of the device.

I highly doubt all manufacturers will change their naming convention for us.

The ones we have produced will not be muzzle brakes. :) A2 Barrel extensions LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W2MC said:

Its not for the 'honor' of membership; its insurance...most of the shooting ranges get their insurance coverage via NRA programs, and you get insurance coverage via your NRA membership.  

But I assume you already knew that.

Yes, i'm aware of the insurance, but that is not a valid excuse for making members buy into other orgs memberships. This reminds me of someone else that required us all to buy insurance not too long ago.

1 minute ago, MartyZ said:

Yes, i'm aware of the insurance, but that is not a valid excuse for making members buy into other orgs memberships. This reminds me of someone else that required us all to buy insurance not too long ago.

Maybe clubs like CJ require it to have sanctioned NRA events

11 hours ago, Alex V said:

Or we can nut up? Make this our Lexington and Concord? Violence is, sometimes, the answer.  

Just an idea. It works for the Left.  They love burning shit down when they feel marginalized.  Maybe get a free TV and some Air Jordans out of it as well. Why are we sitting on our hands?

Nah, we have 1200 channels of shit on TV.  Who cares about rights.  Amiright? 

Either way.  I'm planning my exfil. 

While I agree in being patriotic - I would not want to fire upon or engage with my countrymen.....unless there is absolutely no other reasonable choice rhat was brought o my doorstep that I had to defend 

You speak of Lexington and Concorde - the record of events is not what you may think it is. ....

I love quotations from folks that are in trying circumstances and times - if you research a bit like I have the famous quotation out of Lexingtonis not what it claims to be.

There is more than enough time for the potential for deat and violence - this is not that time 

2 hours ago, remixer said:

The bill also permits retired police officers authorized to possess and carry a handgun in this State to continue to possess and carry a magazine capable of holding up to 15 rounds.

There has always been - ur a civvie not part of the thin blue line.

Others lives are of course more important than yours or your family's 

It'seems rather sad.....

Let alone the Leo that got popped up north forget the town, drugs dealing etc.  Heard he has non compliant guns....personal weapons....  also heard prosecutor calls njsp. ..he got a pass on the "awbs" cause according to the njsp to prosecutor - as a Leo he can own that stuff....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

While I agree in being patriotic - I would not want to fire upon or engage with my countrymen.....unless there is absolutely no other reasonable choice rhat was brought o my doorstep that I had to defend 

You speak of Lexington and Concorde - the record of events is not what you may think it is. ....

I love quotations from folks that are in trying circumstances and times - if you research a bit like I have the famous quotation out of Lexingtonis not what it claims to be.

There is more than enough time for the potential for deat and violence - this is not that time 

Once they propose, pass and/or enforce unconstitutional laws which strip me of my rights, they are no longer my countrymen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, remixer said:

‘All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.’

• Like 3

16 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I will have faith...until it is time not too.

Broadcasting here or on faceboom what is planned makes zero sense at all.  That would be like broadcasting military plans on open air channels without Cyphers etc.  Have faith....

In the meantime, prepare for the worst...make ur plans. ..I have been for two years.....  moving the collection around, preparing for the day things I want to keep maybe illegal here to move elsewhere. ...

And when you can get out there is an upside...if we get a few hundred thousand gun owners put of this star and relocate elsewhere it might just help another state !  Maybe we are at dunkirk.....  pardon my sad attemempt at humor....during a very dire time.

But in their darkest hour the populace had the strength of lions - so should we.

i don't broadcast crap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W2MC said:

Its not for the 'honor' of membership; its insurance...most of the shooting ranges get their insurance coverage via NRA programs, and you get insurance coverage via your NRA membership.  

But I assume you already knew that.

Yes, I did know that.  But a movie quote comes to mind. 

"Potter isn't selling, he's buying.  And why? Because we're panicky and he's not."

I have chatted with hundreds of people all over this great nation and learned something very interesting.  In most of free America, ranges are either free or have very sensible membership fees (when I told some friends outside NJ what the first year at CJRPC cost, they about fell off their chairs). But more importantly, almost none of the require NRA membership. 

Funny how that works out.  Free America gets full NRA support even though they don't need it much and no NRA membership requirement to join a range.  But, in the DPRNJ, Hardly any NRA support, even though we desperately need it, ranges controlled by the NRA protection racket.

For the time being, I'm putting my money behind CNJFO, at least I know where the money is going.  btw, the NRA insurance does not require that ALL members of a club be NRA members, and there is a workaround for people who do not want to join the NRA.    Charge non NRA members $35/year more and give the money to the NRA (though somehow I don't think all of the money would go to the NRA). It's nice to know the NRA is taking care of range/club owners, but what about the rest of us?

I would gladly pay a $35 premium just to avoid the constant fear mongering calls, emails and junk mail declaring there is an assault on our rights, and only the NRA can save NJ from the bad bad liberals.  Relentlessly begging for more money that won't be spent protecting the rights of New Jerseyans ....  Jersyites...Jersyonians....New Jerseystanians maybe.

At any rate, this Sicilian calls NRA dues "Pizzo".  At least when the real mafia extorts you for protection, you actually get protection.

they are they are so over reaching here that it is only a matter of time before this goes before scotus. We need to get one more Supreme Court in under Trump so that we never have to worry about this. I still think we have a pretty good case if this goes before The Supreme Court because you cannot arbitrarily restrict these things like this per previous rulings

• Like 1

Free states that do not require NRA memberships at ranges probably have no insurance at all on the ranges. Big liability issue I would not want to be a trustee of that organization or a member.  Clubs use NRA insurance because it is by far the cheapest providing you meet certain requirements, when all your members are NRA members and you have range rules in line with NSSA guildelines.  

Now for the biggest reason.  NJ clubs use  NRA membership because of NJ law.  NJ clubs file their membership list with the NJSP as required by law , see NJ 2C;39-6f.  This provides a broader exemption for members of clubs when going to or from a place of target practice.  Example, one can go to a friends farm to target practice providing it legal to shoot on the farm.  Otherwise you can only go to an approved range directly.

Interesting fact- Cherry Ridge does not require NRA membership to join but is pushed at every membership Sunday. Perhaps because it is owned by our state official NRA rep, ANJRPC and already has any insurence it needs thru affiliation.

Free states that do not require NRA memberships at ranges probably have no insurance at all on the ranges. Big liability issue I would not want to be a trustee of that organization or a member.  Clubs use NRA insurance because it is by far the cheapest providing you meet certain requirements, when all your members are NRA members and you have range rules in line with NSSA guildelines.  

Now for the biggest reason.  NJ clubs use  NRA membership because of NJ law.  NJ clubs file their membership list with the NJSP as required by law , see NJ 2C;39-6f.  This provides a broader exemption for members of clubs when going to or from a place of target practice.  Example, one can go to a friends farm to target practice providing it legal to shoot on the farm.  Otherwise you can only go to an approved range directly.

There would be no need for insurance if there was tort reform but the blood sucking lawyers would never allow that. Being that many legislators are attorneys tort reform is hardly even spoken of anymore. Some states at least have loser pays laws. This helps to limit frivolous lawsuits. Especially the fake injury and disability claims. Most importantly if there weren't so many scumbags looking for a payday from an injury, usually caused by their own stupidity, insurance rates would be lower. In today's day and age we should also be able to eliminate insurance agents. Most people could just as easily plug numbers into a system like they do and buy their insurance direct. That would save minimum 10% right there.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2018 at 2:34 PM, njJoniGuy said:

So, Alex, is it your interpretation that any rifle that accepts a detachable mag and also has a handguard will be redefined as an AW?

I was at a seminar Saturday that Evan Nappen spoke at and his opinion is that as the bill is currently written any type of grip that you use your non trigger hand on will make a semi auto an AW and be banned. He agreed that as written it will ban all semi auto's with a detachable magazine.

If they pass this, it will ban so many commonly used rifles that it just might wake up the Feds and give Murphy the slap in the face he deserves! The PRNJ does not seem to realize that every case against them that gets to Federal Courts could be the one that actually rolls back many of their stupid laws!

I hope they keep this crap up and go even further! In the end, the fools may just do more for 2A rights than we ever could!

• Like 1