njJoniGuy

And here comes the shitslide ...

44 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

If the A-Team used it, must be too dangerous to be in the hands of "common" folks.  I think that is their logic.....because nothing else makes any sense.

"I pity da' fool who tries to take my Mini 14!"

Far as I recall, the A Team never hit a damn thing. They blasted a lot of ammo in the air, though.

10 hours ago, capt14k said:

Yes. First they were going for 5 then realized most revolvers were 6, then they changed to 7 until they realized there were no 7 round mags. They settled on 10 round mags only loaded to 7. Court struck it down and 10 is now the limit in NY.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

And how did that come about? :)

Lawsuits.  Cali fight...lawsuits 

What goes on in jersey -secret meeting all hinged on one guy who is going to screw us all

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

And how did that come about? :)

Lawsuits.  Cali fight...lawsuits 

What goes on in jersey -secret meeting all hinged on one guy who is going to screw us all

Well, also a bunch of LEOs saying they wouldn't/couldn't enforce it so there is that...

-Jim

10 minutes ago, JimB1 said:

Well, also a bunch of LEOs saying they wouldn't/couldn't enforce it so there is that...

-Jim

That' nothing to be ignored - but irrelevant. .........  I find it rather funny because every single Leo [active] that I've spoke too do not think the laws apply to their private owned non duty weapons....  the retired guys also don' think the mag laws etc will.apply to them either.  

Hey don't ya feel safer?

3.jpg

8 hours ago, Handyman said:

Far as I recall, the A Team never hit a damn thing. They blasted a lot of ammo in the air, though.

They were able to make a great show that seemed violent but was not. PC just like Chips, but they never even pulled their guns in one episode. (Trashed many a car though with cheesy humor). A far cry from Adam-12

11 hours ago, alec.mc said:

Serious question, what about revolvers?

nearly all my revolvers are 8 rounds.  ( model 627s ) 

What if it didn't include revolvers?  Would you feel better?

5 minutes ago, GunsnFreedom said:

Seriously.  It's the inability of the community to come together to defend all encroachment that has let us get this far.

NEGATIVE IMO - :)

The weakness of the state organizations to effectively task the legislative branches of government in this state in the past, has brought us to this point. 

Their feckless attempt at pressuring, negotiating, 'banking on' one or two people, engaging and wasting funds and time in other nonsensical ventures that have no bearing IN STATE- (NH Lawsuit) - has brought us to this point.

Their ineptitude of leadership - their disdain for anything black or tactical (my opinion of them) - their back door meetings - their lack of a long term strategic plan to engage and attempt to push back on the encroachment over the years - has brought us to this point

Their lack of having the fortitude to duke it out in court against a wildly out of control legislature - has brought us to this point

See where I am going - NOT ONE STATE ORGANIZATION WILL GET ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY *IN* NJ, *IF* they do not bring any suits - 

Donations should dry up to the ANJRPC, NRA etc. and/or any other organization, not willing to take a valid legal fight (not this sappa game) to the courts to attempt to break the backs of the legislature.

And these are my thoughts......w shall see.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

NEGATIVE IMO - :)

The weakness of the state organizations to effectively task the legislative branches of government in this state in the past, has brought us to this point. 

Their feckless attempt at pressuring, negotiating, 'banking on' one or two people, engaging and wasting funds and time in other nonsensical ventures that have no bearing IN STATE- (NH Lawsuit) - has brought us to this point.

Their ineptitude of leadership - their disdain for anything black or tactical (my opinion of them) - their back door meetings - their lack of a long term strategic plan to engage and attempt to push back on the encroachment over the years - has brought us to this point

Their lack of having the fortitude to duke it out in court against a wildly out of control legislature - has brought us to this point

See where I am going - NOT ONE STATE ORGANIZATION WILL GET ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY *IN* NJ, *IF* they do not bring any suits - 

Donations should dry up to the ANJRPC, NRA etc. and/or any other organization, not willing to take a valid legal fight (not this sappa game) to the courts to attempt to break the backs of the legislature.

And these are my thoughts......w shall see.

I don't disagree with you above points, but I do think that the divisiveness (handgun for HD people, revolver people, shotgun only people, bolt-action people) is what allows the above to happen.  I can't tell you how many times I've spoken to gun owners who see new laws around guns being proposed but say "eh" because that specific law does not necessarily affect them.  They still pay dues and silently vote the same people in.

If everyone was willing to fight and make it known that they were against these additional laws, backroom deals and laissez faire attitudes less laws would be passed.  For one, there would be fewer anti 2A law makers in office and two there would be more support for lawsuits.  But there isn't because there are too many people of the "I only need a shotgun for home defense" ilk.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Not for this guy

1 hour ago, GunsnFreedom said:

I don't disagree with you above points, but I do think that the divisiveness (handgun for HD people, revolver people, shotgun only people, bolt-action people) is what allows the above to happen.  I can't tell you how many times I've spoken to gun owners who see new laws around guns being proposed but say "eh" because that specific law does not necessarily affect them.  They still pay dues and silently vote the same people in.

If everyone was willing to fight and make it known that they were against these additional laws, backroom deals and laissez faire attitudes less laws would be passed.  For one, there would be fewer anti 2A law makers in office and two there would be more support for lawsuits.  But there isn't because there are too many people of the "I only need a shotgun for home defense" ilk.

I do not disagree with you in spririt that gun owners are like that - HOWEVER the state organizations - and OR NRA affiliate - is the body the is all encompassing and makes no difference what the individuals say they supposedly represent all.

So ask yourself this - why is ok for USPSA to run at Shongum and other places - why is it ok for knockdown steel at CJRPC - BUT at the state affiliate range CR - no real plates, no IDPA/USPSA - no 3 gun - nothing that is forward thinking - BUT legacy shooting sports....makes you wonder - but that is for another thread.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JimB1 said:

-Jim

LEO's wont be going door to door to make sure you turn in your newly illegal items. If something happens in your residence and your weapons come under scrutiny, the prosecutor WILL seek to prosecute the charges against you. This is how they continue to pass these laws and let them blow over without anyone really raising a defense. They have time on their side, disarmament wont be instant but over generations.

• Like 3

d. The superintendent shall ensure that a driver’s license or 45 identification card embedded with information affirming the holder 46 is qualified and eligible to purchase and receive a rifle, shotgun, or 47 handgun: 48 (1) can be and is rendered operationally disabled for the A1286 GREENWALD, JOHNSON 4 1 purposes of purchasing or receiving a firearm if the holder becomes 2 subject to any of the disabilities set forth in subsection 3 c. N.J.S.2C:58-3;

Oh this is great.  So, if in someone's opinion you are disqualified for disability your FPID on your driver's license can be remotely disabled at will by the government.  

In other words, your rights can be switched on and off without you knowing about it.

10 minutes ago, Zeke said:

How does making me helpless make criminals harmless?

It doesn't

But it makes the legislators (our beloved leaders) feel like they're doing something to level the playing field, making the former law abiding public (us) as criminal as those who currently buy from the Juan, Jose and Deshawn Gun Shop (the 66 Impala on this corner tonight and the 72 Caddy on that corner tomorrow night) where the only paperwork involved is green.

Juan, Jose and Deshawn's customers carry all the time without regard for the requirements of 2C:39 and 58, so to keep parity, it's just about time for us to do the same.

The law of unintended consequences is going to come back and bite our beloved leaders in the ass. I only hope I'm still around to see it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

What if it didn't include revolvers?  Would you feel better?

Honestly .. Yes.

My whole collection is 8 shot revolvers, It's pretty much all I own. 

If the law gets shot down to 5 rounds for everything, I need would need to " sell " nearly ALL of my firearms, everybody else ( talking semi auto people here ) would just need to pin their magazines. 

So yes, there is a big difference here.

Regardless though, I do not wish for any more gun laws here. 

• Like 2

Just now, njJoniGuy said:

But it makes the legislators (our beloved leaders) feel like they're doing something to level the playing field, making the former law abiding public (us) as criminal as those who currently buy from the Juan, Jose and Deshawn Gun Shop (the 66 Impala on this corner tonight and the 72 Caddy on that corner tomorrow night) where the only paperwork involved is green.

You are looking at this all wrong, I think.  The politicians (and their puppet masters) are not as concerned about handguns as they are rifles.  The 2A is all about the citizen soldier (NOT hunting, NOT competition, NOT recreation).  2A empowering us NOT to overthrow our government but to have the ability to forcefully remove corrupt and dangerous power mongers  in government and get the ship back on a correct constitutional course. 

2A is meant for average citizens to protect the constitution and make sure the government is by the people and for the people, which is theoretically run by you, me and joe schmo.  The government has been aggregating too much power, under the guise of protecting the people, and chipping away at the constitution one or two thin slices of freedom at a time.

Taking military style rifles away from the legitimate "irregular militia" greatly weakens the ability of citizens to defend their freedoms.  That is what is going on here.  While we are looking at what they are doing today, and planning for tomorrow, we are not seeing their long game.  While we are loosing ground fighting these unconstitutional laws that seem to be two steps back and one step forward, we are not seeing the ultimate goal of disarmament.

Simply put, the person who wins a fight is usually the one with the longest arms (no pun intended).  They want to be able to hit us before we can hit them and if they can achieve that then they will be in a position to totally dominate us.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, alec.mc said:

Honestly .. Yes.

My whole collection is 8 shot revolvers, It's pretty much all I own. 

If the law gets shot down to 5 rounds for everything, I need would need to " sell " nearly ALL of my firearms, everybody else ( talking semi auto people here ) would just need to pin their magazines. 

So yes, there is a big difference here.

Regardless though, I do not wish for any more gun laws here. 

Magazine limits in NJ only apply to semi-auto rifles or handguns.

I don't see how you can blame the state organizations as much as blaming the public who belong to those orgs. You can't just sit there and donate 10 or 100 bucks and expect them to handle everything. That's an easy cop out. Every org is built of members and is only as effective as their participating members make it. Yes money is good but if you wanted to change things it requires taking time, making personal sacrifices and getting involved to make things happen.

1 hour ago, wangsly said:

LEO's wont be going door to door to make sure you turn in your newly illegal items. If something happens in your residence and your weapons come under scrutiny, the prosecutor WILL seek to prosecute the charges against you. This is how they continue to pass these laws and let them blow over without anyone really raising a defense. They have time on their side, disarmament wont be instant but over generations.

That is 100% - JL - :)

Look at the fellow who got jammed up with the *vast* collection up in north jersey - had a very extensive and complete collections - but alas had contraband.  How did he get jammed up?  Domestic.........

so are the lawsuits lined up yet? has anyone from any of our orgs talked to the successfull orgs in commifornia yet? is anyone formulating a battle plan yet? has the nra offered any guidance yet?

16 minutes ago, carl_g said:

I don't see how you can blame the state organizations as much as blaming the public who belong to those orgs. You can't just sit there and donate 10 or 100 bucks and expect them to handle everything. That's an easy cop out. Every org is built of members and is only as effective as their participating members make it. Yes money is good but if you wanted to change things it requires taking time, making personal sacrifices and getting involved to make things happen.

who are their lawyers?

1 minute ago, USRifle30Cal said:

That is 100% - JL - :)

Look at the fellow who got jammed up with the *vast* collection up in north jersey - had a very extensive and complete collections - but alas had contraband.  How did he get jammed up?  Domestic.........

and worse yet, HE was the victim. both literally and figuratively.

24 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

You are looking at this all wrong, I think.  The politicians (and their puppet masters) are not as concerned about handguns as they are rifles.  The 2A is all about the citizen soldier (NOT hunting, NOT competition, NOT recreation).  2A empowering us NOT to overthrow our government but to have the ability to forcefully remove corrupt and dangerous power mongers  in government and get the ship back on a correct constitutional course. 

2A is meant for average citizens to protect the constitution and make sure the government is by the people and for the people, which is theoretically run by you, me and joe schmo.  The government has been aggregating too much power, under the guise of protecting the people, and chipping away at the constitution one or two thin slices of freedom at a time.

Taking military style rifles away from the legitimate "irregular militia" greatly weakens the ability of citizens to defend their freedoms.  That is what is going on here.  While we are looking at what they are doing today, and planning for tomorrow, we are not seeing their long game.  While we are loosing ground fighting these unconstitutional laws that seem to be two steps back and one step forward, we are not seeing the ultimate goal of disarmament.

Simply put, the person who wins a fight is usually the one with the longest arms (no pun intended).  They want to be able to hit us before we can hit them and if they can achieve that then they will be in a position to totally dominate us.

*FINALLY*

Someone see the long game - that is while they are not after the handguns now - they need the RIFLES GONE out of private hands.

2 minutes ago, carl_g said:

I don't see how you can blame the state organizations as much as blaming the public who belong to those orgs. You can't just sit there and donate 10 or 100 bucks and expect them to handle everything. That's an easy cop out.

We join these organizations because we expect leadership from them.  I have not seen a whole lot of leadership from the NRA.  I have no idea what the NRA does outside of NJ, don't know, don't care.  All I know is what they do inside of NJ, which is practically nothing.

Why should I join an organization that does nothing for me.  AFAIC the NRA is not much better than a mafia protection racket.  You cannot join most ranges in NJ without being a member so you are forced to pay to play.  But when you look to them for leadership, they are nowhere to be found.  And don't give me the NJ is a lost cause bullshit.  Normandy beach was considered impregnable.  Many brave men assaulted the beach and opened a doorway to europe for allied forces to kick Nazi ass.  The cost was high, many thousands were killed, but we did it anyway because it HAD TO BE DONE.

Nobody wants to become a casualty of the 2A fight in NJ, nobody wants to stick out their necks. Why is that?  I'll tell you why.  Because the NRA is not a good leader, we have no faith in the NRA and people will not follow a leader they have no faith in.

People are not copping out, they are opting out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

so are the lawsuits lined up yet? has anyone from any of our orgs talked to the successfull orgs in commifornia yet? is anyone formulating a battle plan yet? has the nra offered any guidance yet?

who are their lawyers?

and worse yet, HE was the victim. both literally and figuratively.

We *might* be talking about to different folks - the one that I am talking about clear had NFA weapons etc. same guy?