Ray Ray

NRA and New Jersey, finally!

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

That lawsuit was important as it opened the door for New Jersey residents to CCW in PA.

Not to be sarcastic. I understand that It opened the door for PA. But unfortunately I spend 90% of my time in NJ, Work, family, kids activities. I'm always here, but glad to know I'm safe in PA when and if I go there or any other state that allows me to carry.

6 hours ago, revenger said:

exactly.

Just check their website for "current" information.

I wouldn't make any sweeping judgements from ANJRPC's website. Most non-profits in general are notoriously bad with their communications programs - it's often non-existent or at least lagging badly. Alternatively, some that communicate the most are just wingnuts communicating a bunch of blathering B.S. -- unfortunately, most of the time you can't accurately judge performance from websites, social media pages, etc. You really have to show up at a meeting or two, ask questions, assess and judge for yourself I think.

• Like 1

Rosey was on Gun For Hire Radio today. He and Anthony were explaining how the NRA and ANJRPC are not going to make the call for action until the bills make it out of committee. I appreciate them letting us know what's going on, as it's been crickets from the above organizations. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Rosey was on Gun For Hire Radio today. He and Anthony were explaining how the NRA and ANJRPC are not going to make the call for action until the bills make it out of committee. I appreciate them letting us know what's going on, as it's been crickets from the above organizations. 

Not only was Rosey on GFHR, but so was Shaneen Allen!  It was great to hear from her. From what i was able to hear, she did get her phlebotomist ticket back and can work. Excellent!

• Like 2

I actually listened to that episode and liked what I heard. Though it doesn't seem as if there will be any working together with NJ2AS. I was wondering what exactly happened with I believe it was Anthony that he needed to use Nappen's services to get his firearms rights back. Anyone know the story?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I actually listened to that episode and liked what I heard. Though it doesn't seem as if there will be any working together with NJ2AS. I was wondering what exactly happened with I believe it was Anthony that he needed to use Nappen's services to get his firearms rights back. Anyone know the story?

I believe it had something to do with accusations made by an ex. 3 years of no firearms and I can't even imagine how much money spent on attorney fees. 

That sucks.

I would hope Evan Nappen would have comped his time after all the publicity Ant has given him in the past!

Shhhhh. Don’t discuss this kind of subject matter in public...
🤫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

the only call to action I want to hear from the ANJRPC is  “If not us, who? If not now, when?”. But in reality I'm expecting to hear the usual them telling us to contact our reps. We are approaching a truly defining moment in our state and they will have a large part in it, so whats it gonna be ANJRPC???

9 minutes ago, siderman said:

the only call to action I want to hear from the ANJRPC is  “If not us, who? If not now, when?”. But in reality I'm expecting to hear the usual them telling us to contact our reps. We are approaching a truly defining moment in our state and they will have a large part in it, so whats it gonna be ANJRPC???

*IF* and I say*if* - it is the usual call your reps - assemble in Trenton - write letters - call your reps - etc.  I call the Sussex area reps and they get it - oh boy a bill as entered to make BB guns not categorized as firearms .....  whoopee !  parker space.....WTG.....

The state organizations need to know that if that is their plan - Piss off, that has not and WILL not work this time, as it has NOT worked in the past.

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

All that * I * want to hear is - " We have filed a lawsuit in superior court against.....  "

The only thing Trenton will understand is lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits etc.

@capt14k - has said it and I agree wholeheartedly  - let them get out of control and SUE SUE SUE and take it as far as they/we can - we really have nothing to lose at this point....  but what do I know......

14 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Thanks for posting & the kudos!  The NRA is gearing-up for law suits.  That means MONEY is being spent!  Meetings will be held at SHOT Show.  Anthony (ANJR&PC Exec. VP) is going to SHOT.  Christian Ragosta, NRA-ILA Rep for NJ is headed to SHOT.  Coordination is happening!  There's shit that I know that I can't say.  We're trying to avoid the "Chicken Little" Syndrome by weeding-out the Bills that never make it out of committee.  We're working with Mark Cheeseman.  We're working with EVERYBODY that attended NJSAFECON!  Because all of those groups have a proven track record of WORKING TOGETHER for the common good!

• Like 11

*IF* and I say*if* - it is the usual call your reps - assemble in Trenton - write letters - call your reps - etc.  I call the Sussex area reps and they get it - oh boy a bill as entered to make BB guns not categorized as firearms .....  whoopee !  parker space.....WTG.....

The state organizations need to know that if that is their plan - Piss off, that has not and WILL not work this time, as it has NOT worked in the past.

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

All that * I * want to hear is - " We have filed a lawsuit in superior court against.....  "

The only thing Trenton will understand is lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits etc.

[mention=8404]capt14k[/mention] - has said it and I agree wholeheartedly  - let them get out of control and SUE SUE SUE and take it as far as they/we can - we really have nothing to lose at this point....  but what do I know......

I agree calling NJ Reps and writing letters is a waste of time. The Dems aren't changing their minds and there aren't enough Republicans to stop anything. Sweeney can table bills but he either will or won't, calling isn't changing his mind. Large campaign contributions? Maybe.

That leaves lawsuits. Once the bills are passed the lawsuits need to be filed. The chicken little syndrome is a reality, unless Sweeney stops a Bill from coming up to vote it will pass and Murphy will sign it. The only other thing that may stop them from passing the most Draconian laws of any State is the attorneys advising that it may not hold up in court. However NJ Dems are so cocky right now they will likely try to pass everything they have desired.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Thanks for posting & the kudos!  The NRA is gearing-up for law suits.  That means MONEY is being spent!  Meetings will be held at SHOT Show.  Anthony (ANJR&PC Exec. VP) is going to SHOT.  Christian Ragosta, NRA-ILA Rep for NJ is headed to SHOT.  Coordination is happening!  There's shit that I know that I can't say.  We're trying to avoid the "Chicken Little" Syndrome by weeding-out the Bills that never make it out of committee.  We're working with Mark Cheeseman.  We're working with EVERYBODY that attended NJSAFECON!  Because all of those groups have a proven track record of WORKING TOGETHER for the common good!

Seeing NRA & law suits together in the same sentence is a good start for sure:D. I'll take it for now.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

SAY no more there Rosey - the above is the best new heard all day - Keep up the good fight, just like Victor Lazlo sates...

• Like 2

Yep... lawsuits must be the focus in this Murphy era, no doubt. I've been thinking and saying that for several months now... and to know that those plans are afoot is great news. :girldance:

That said, I never completely discount the impact of voters contacting their representatives' offices, especially when they're unhappy about something... and especially if we could summon a tidal wave of calls. The "one-two punch" of facing lawsuits on the one hand and riled up voters on the other could be enough to give more moderate legislators some pause - and make them think, "uh-oh...what hornet's nest has Murphy stirred up for us here?" (Especially if those voters are saying: this has inspired me to campaign for/contribute to your future opponent! ...and similar sentiments.) Besides, if nothing else... you tie up the time of their staffers, LOL.

So, if these various 2A orgs begin filing suits and then issue a call to action to "start calling your legislators" - I think it's a strategic error to dismiss it out of hand! We'll need to leverage EVERY tool in our arsenal, not just one! Lawsuits, donations, phone/calls & letters, ongoing recruitment to the shooting sports - it's all necessary. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yep... lawsuits must be the focus in this Murphy era, no doubt. I've been thinking and saying that for several months now... and to know that those plans are afoot is great news. :girldance:

That said, I never completely discount the impact of voters contacting their representatives' offices, especially when they're unhappy about something... and especially if we could summon a tidal wave of calls. The "one-two punch" of facing lawsuits on the one hand and riled up voters on the other could be enough to give more moderate legislators some pause - and make them think, "uh-oh...what hornet's nest has Murphy stirred up for us here?" (Especially if those voters are saying: this has inspired me to campaign for/contribute to your future opponent! ...and similar sentiments.) Besides, if nothing else... you tie up the time of their staffers, LOL.

So, if these various 2A orgs begin filing suits and then issue a call to action to "start calling your legislators" - I think it's a strategic error to dismiss it out of hand! We'll need to leverage EVERY tool in our arsenal, not just one! Lawsuits, donations, phone/calls & letters, ongoing recruitment to the shooting sports - it's all necessary. 

EXCELLENTLY PRESENTED, as always Peel!

Having all of our MIRV's (our arsenal as you put it so eloquently) strike at once (ICBM's that separate into several reentry vehicles--H Bombs) will hopefully assure the destruction of these nuclear Bills rearing their ugly heads :) . 

To Everyone, not just Peel:

WORKING TOGETHER for the COMMON GOOD was never more important than it is RIGHT NOW!  That means just cause ya spent $50 or less on dues to a 2A organization, yer not "off-the-hook" just yet.  And ya don't get to bitch just yet.  Not enough "skin in the game to bitch" !  Writing a check is great, but what we need RIGHT NOW is folks TO DO THINGS!  We're ramping-up now!  Plenty of work ahead, so who wants a "piece of the Action"?  Committees need bodies to be effective.  Egos get left at the door.  Sleeves get rolled-up.  LET'S GO!

Rosey

• Like 4

I noticed this afternoon that ANJRPC recently updated their homepage... among other items, they have joined a federal legal challenge (Duncan vs. Becerra, a California case on appeal to the 9th district) which opposes CA's ban on magazines of 10+ rounds. It could be headed to SCOTUS (hell, SCOTUS has to take a 2A case at some point, right?!) There's also a radio interview linked there that was also interesting in that it sort of presents a glimpse of what's coming. 

So now... looking at the "big picture"...it would appear that not only are several 2A orgs within NJ cooperating with each other, but there are partnerships being formed with 2A groups in other states facing similar hurdles. I like it! In my mind, any pro-2A case that's won builds momentum in our favor, but also, I'm guessing this gives ANJRPC's attorneys a direct pipeline to glean "lessons learned" from the CA case as they hone their own in-state strategy here. 

I don't know about you... but based on what I'm seeing, I feel guardedly optimistic that the NRA and its NJ affiliate are NOT asleep at the wheel - they "get" that Murphy's a zealot, and they know lawsuits are going to be a MAJOR part of strategy going forward. I think this all looks good... the more wolves nipping at Murphy's ankles, the better! :D

Here's the link (updates are on the first page): www.anjrpc.org 

• Like 3

I JUST educated a cop friend of mine today about how bad these are. he knew a little of the bills that might be coming down the pike....but had no clue just how bad they're gonna be. he thought that we'd be able to keep what we already have too........

19 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

I JUST educated a cop friend of mine today about how bad these are. he knew a little of the bills that might be coming down the pike....but had no clue just how bad they're gonna be. he thought that we'd be able to keep what we already have too........

:drinks:

Same here - ' Oh they will grandfather " - Nope

NRA just called me to inform me what was happening in NJ and looking fro some money - told the nice young lady that when I see the first NRA driven lawsuit in NJ to stop the abuse - to call me back for a donation.

She chuckled and said she would pass it on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I don't know about you... but based on what I'm seeing, I feel guardedly optimistic that the NRA and its NJ affiliate are NOT asleep at the wheel - they "get" that Murphy's a zealot, and they know lawsuits are going to be a MAJOR part of strategy going forward. I think this all looks good... the more wolves nipping at Murphy's ankles, the better! :D

Here's the link (updates are on the first page): www.anjrpc.org 

They just need to hire another PR person. Maybe one who is self employed and works from home. Could probably match or exceed her current salary even. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

The old adage still rings true today. “ you cannot help those that won’t help themselves “ . Looks like we are getting some artillery muscle! But WE are still the front line!

soonz i see rounds hitting the enemy(in the form of lawsuits obviously), i'll be the first to donate.