Ray Ray

NRA and New Jersey, finally!

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

which means she knows nothing's gonna happen

^^^THIS isn't helping.  You're pokin' holes in yer tanks with a SCREW-driver & wonderin' why the gauges say yer loosin' AVGAS!

FWIW, the fundraising dept. is SEPARATE from everything else.  Hell it probably is a service company providing membership services for millions of people  :) .

"soonz i see rounds hitting the enemy(in the form of lawsuits obviously), i'll be the first to donate."  Haha!  Pony-up!  It's starting!

All of you Doubting Thomas's have to get rid of anal-cranial syndrome & get on-board.  Yer like anchors keepin' us from building a head of steam...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

“ ask not what the nra can do for you, but what you can do to help the nra”

been there done that. got nuthin' 'cept for them having bargained our rights away. or ignored us 'cause of where we live. this time i must see action before i give them anything other than dues

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

^^^THIS isn't helping.  You're pokin' holes in yer tanks with a SCREW-driver & wonderin' why the gauges say yer loosin' AVGAS!

FWIW, the fundraising dept. is SEPARATE from everything else.  Hell it probably is a service company providing membership services for millions of people  :) .

"soonz i see rounds hitting the enemy(in the form of lawsuits obviously), i'll be the first to donate."  Haha!  Pony-up!  It's starting!

All of you Doubting Thomas's have to get rid of anal-cranial syndrome & get on-board.  Yer like anchors keepin' us from building a head of steam...

Appreciate your enthusiasm, hopefully it's because you know a lot more than us. But surely you can appreciate some of the cynicism here, NJ being a lost stepchild, even a poster child of the NRA for so long. We all want big changes and I'm pretty sure we all realize by now only lawsuits have a chance to make it happen. So when these proposed laws start making their way thru Trenton they need to have docket numbers following them. In fact here's a slogan for that- donations 4 dockets......until then its talk. I will right now pledge $200 to the first anti gun lawsuit against the state of NJ that affects the guns we currently own, just show me the docket #. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, siderman said:

Appreciate your enthusiasm, hopefully it's because you know a lot more than us. But surely you can appreciate some of the cynicism here, NJ being a lost stepchild, even a poster child of the NRA for so long. We all want big changes and I'm pretty sure we all realize by now only lawsuits have a chance to make it happen. So when these proposed laws start making their way thru Trenton they need to have docket numbers following them. In fact here's a slogan for that- donations 4 dockets......until then its talk. I will right now pledge $200 to the first anti gun lawsuit against the state of NJ that affects the guns we currently own, just show me the docket #. 

Put me down for $200. also.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, siderman said:

that's the thing. it's always blamed on us. even though we may have in the past donated, only to see them simply point at nj and use us as the example of what can happen.

4 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

that's the thing. it's always blamed on us. even though we may have in the past donated, only to see them simply point at nj and use us as the example of what can happen.

Why only 30% voted?

more preoccupied with “ exit strategy “ then victory?

sooo Joisey. 

• Like 1

EXCELLENTLY PRESENTED, as always Peel!
Having all of our MIRV's (our arsenal as you put it so eloquently) strike at once (ICBM's that separate into several reentry vehicles--H Bombs) will hopefully assure the destruction of these nuclear Bills rearing their ugly heads [emoji4] . 
To Everyone, not just Peel:
WORKING TOGETHER for the COMMON GOOD was never more important than it is RIGHT NOW!  That means just cause ya spent $50 or less on dues to a 2A organization, yer not "off-the-hook" just yet.  And ya don't get to bitch just yet.  Not enough "skin in the game to bitch" !  Writing a check is great, but what we need RIGHT NOW is folks TO DO THINGS!  We're ramping-up now!  Plenty of work ahead, so who wants a "piece of the Action"?  Committees need bodies to be effective.  Egos get left at the door.  Sleeves get rolled-up.  LET'S GO!
Rosey
Ok what needs to be done. I am willing to take your challenge. On top of it I will match $200 contribution to first lawsuit, and if the lawsuits keep coming I will keep donating to them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Big things are happening behind the scenes. We can't tell you anything though. You just need to trust us. Oh, and give us more money."

Like we all haven't heard this tune a million times before? The people with their heads up their butt are the ones who believe this shit without any actual proof. 

1 hour ago, Hairless_Ape said:

"Big things are happening behind the scenes. We can't tell you anything though. You just need to trust us. Oh, and give us more money."

Like we all haven't heard this tune a million times before? The people with their heads up their butt are the ones who believe this shit without any actual proof. 

Yup, thats why I said show us the docket numbers....untill then it is talk.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 11:22 PM, siderman said:

Actually, to tell ya the truth, there are days where I grow tired of the Passionately UNINFORMED.  I appreciate NONE of the cynicism here, lol!  I just have to put up with it unfortunately.  Lest I remind you all I get paid a YUGE salary to put up with your emotional outbursts & cynicism.  I'm the ONLY 2A group guy left on this forum.  And I'm growing tired of eating my corn flakes with yer piss in them :) .  Think about THAT for a moment.

Did you catch the docket number on the brief ANJR&PC filed in the California mag ban case?  From the ANJR&PC web site (yes that ancient web site that's always behind the times, UNTIL NOW!):

In anticipation of proposed New Jersey legislation limiting magazine capacity, ANJRPC has joined a federal legal challenge to "large capacity" magazine bans currently pending in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. 

Duncan v. Becerra made headlines back in July when a U.S. District Court judge temporarily blocked a California law banning and confiscating firearms magazines holding over 10 rounds of ammunition. Currently on appeal to the infamous Ninth Circuit, the case is already deep in the federal court pipeline and poised to head toward the U.S. Supreme Court. 

By joining a federal magazine ban case already in progress, ANJRPC is ahead of the curve and helping to defeat hardware bans in advance of new legislation in the Garden State.

Read more about the Duncan case here. Read the judge's opinion blocking the ban here. Read the friend of the court brief which ANJRPC joined here.

The fight already started.  I helped announce it on Gun For Hire Radio.  I'm gonna go eat my Raisin Bran now.........

21 hours ago, capt14k said:

Ok what needs to be done. I am willing to take your challenge. On top of it I will match $200 contribution to first lawsuit, and if the lawsuits keep coming I will keep donating to them.

Thanks for volunteering.  We need help in these Committees:

Membership Committee:  Attend functions, take applications, hand-out swag, answer questions.

Shows & Community Outreach Committee:  Attend public functions & represent us at community events such as street fairs, Outdoor Show (we just did 4-day Expo), Gun Clubs openings, new commercial ranges popping-up all over NJ, etc.  Interact with the public at-large as well as gun owners.

Communications Committee:  Assist our new Communications Director, Theresa Inacker in writing stories, features, news, etc. and directing Press inquiries directly to her as she is our official spokesperson.  Hey, YOU can take my place HERE!

Fundraising Committee:  Yes, I'm doing all I can with sporting clays, pheasant hunts & hog hunts.  So we have room for someone with some organizational talents to get things done & keep the doors open.  Maybe host a fundraising dinner, golf outing, or some other event?  We have monthly expenses to cover, and everything we do costs money, from brochure printings, business cards, expenses to attend events (even FREE tables cost us insurance for instance).  

This scratches the surface.  Let's meet for a coffee or something a little harder to discuss what you think you can accomplish & where you'll fit-in the best.  Thanks again for writing!

Rosey

27 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

will victory in that case prevent them from doing it here?

Yes, if it goes to SCOTUS & SCOTUS rules that mag bans are defacto gun bans since not every gun can hold low round count mags :) .  Politics & law suits don't have to stay in Jersey to help NJ gun owners.  Case in point the NH CCW permit that Jersey gun owners use to carry in PA was won thru a law suit in ANJRPC v. state of NH (I'm paraphrasing, as others submitted briefs most likely).  Right now it's in the Ninth Circuit, which is notoriously Anti-Gun.  Keeping law suits alive that benefit National REciprocity also benefit the NJ gun owner.  This is multi-level Chess, not a quick-fix.  Does it count?  Yep, YOU BET IT DOES!

• Like 1

Thanks for volunteering.  We need help in these Committees:

Membership Committee:  Attend functions, take applications, hand-out swag, answer questions.

Shows & Community Outreach Committee:  Attend public functions & represent us at community events such as street fairs, Outdoor Show (we just did 4-day Expo), Gun Clubs openings, new commercial ranges popping-up all over NJ, etc.  Interact with the public at-large as well as gun owners.
Communications Committee:  Assist our new Communications Director, Theresa Inacker in writing stories, features, news, etc. and directing Press inquiries directly to her as she is our official spokesperson.  Hey, YOU can take my place HERE!
Fundraising Committee:  Yes, I'm doing all I can with sporting clays, pheasant hunts & hog hunts.  So we have room for someone with some organizational talents to get things done & keep the doors open.  Maybe host a fundraising dinner, golf outing, or some other event?  We have monthly expenses to cover, and everything we do costs money, from brochure printings, business cards, expenses to attend events (even FREE tables cost us insurance for instance).  
This scratches the surface.  Let's meet for a coffee or something a little harder to discuss what you think you can accomplish & where you'll fit-in the best.  Thanks again for writing!
Rosey
Research, writing, and strategy would be my strong points. I can assist with that. Propaganda is important part of war.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Research, writing, and strategy would be my strong points. I can assist with that. Propaganda is important part of war.

No one wants to read long, boring blogs or web pages.

We need a social media presence. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. That's bare minimum. A YouTube presence with good, non corny video production will help a lot too.

I would like to help with a social media presence.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, capt14k said:

Please send me a PM with all of your contact info:  Name, address, ph # & best time to call.  We'll chat & see if we can formulate a story for you to research for us.

2 hours ago, mossburger said:

No one wants to read long, boring blogs or web pages.

We need a social media presence. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. That's bare minimum. A YouTube presence with good, non corny video production will help a lot too.

I would like to help with a social media presence.

We've been on Facebook for years.  We could use our own You Tube.  CNJFO & Gun For Hire Facebook pages draw thousands of readers daily.  Spot news, general news, social events, kids shooting, women shooting, current & proposed gun laws, features, etc., etc.  We're like a regular daily newspaper.  Which means we can always use a new person to write, a fresh angle.  We've had some folks write a story for us in the past.  Now we have "Kilroy was HERE!" as a regular by-weekly columnist (see image of Garand w/ his story).

Please send me a PM so I can pass your contact info to Theresa Inacker, CNJFO's Communications Director, as she heads-up our Communications Committee.  Thanks!

On 1/24/2018 at 10:43 AM, Smokin .50 said:

Actually, to tell ya the truth, there are days where I grow tired of the Passionately UNINFORMED.  I appreciate NONE of the cynicism here, lol!  I just have to put up with it unfortunately.  Lest I remind you all I get paid a YUGE salary to put up with your emotional outbursts & cynicism.  I'm the ONLY 2A group guy left on this forum.  And I'm growing tired of eating my corn flakes with yer piss in them :) .  Think about THAT for a moment.

Did you catch the docket number on the brief ANJR&PC filed in the California mag ban case?  From the ANJR&PC web site (yes that ancient web site that's always behind the times, UNTIL NOW!):

In anticipation of proposed New Jersey legislation limiting magazine capacity, ANJRPC has joined a federal legal challenge to "large capacity" magazine bans currently pending in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. 

Duncan v. Becerra made headlines back in July when a U.S. District Court judge temporarily blocked a California law banning and confiscating firearms magazines holding over 10 rounds of ammunition. Currently on appeal to the infamous Ninth Circuit, the case is already deep in the federal court pipeline and poised to head toward the U.S. Supreme Court. 

By joining a federal magazine ban case already in progress, ANJRPC is ahead of the curve and helping to defeat hardware bans in advance of new legislation in the Garden State.

Read more about the Duncan case here. Read the judge's opinion blocking the ban here. Read the friend of the court brief which ANJRPC joined here.

The fight already started.  I helped announce it on Gun For Hire Radio.  I'm gonna go eat my Raisin Bran now.........

Hold on there....there was no "emotional outburst" from me and the cynicism wasnt pointed at you or yer cornflakes. No screaming, cursing or lunatic rant. Just a sentiment that some here dont share the lovefest with the NRA (be it NRA, NRA/ILA, ANJRPC...) because of their lack of courtroom activism here.  Have they yet to take the state to court over our 2A infringements?  if they have please share maybe I've missed some lawsuits they initiated and the outcomes.....Part of the reason we are where we are is because NJ feels so emboldened because they havent been challenged in court. Having said that we are approaching a new dawn of gun banning and are very hopefull that the NRA decides to finally help, a few promising things have been said...and $ pledged. Am anxiously waiting to spend it. And I am not un-informed and know at least what the emails/notices from ANJRPC and the NRA tell their respective memberships and what I see elsewhere. I know about the Prop63 mag ban agenda (and the curve...) and saw the docket #- its out there in Not New Jersey. If you've got more issues with what I just said, oh well, go pour another bowl of cereal.:)

On 1/12/2018 at 9:42 AM, mossburger said:

As residents leave these states and move elsewhere as well as other demographic shifts Nationwide what they consider to be quote free states quote can just as easily end up having the same kind of b******* laws in only a few years. They really need to to start realizing this and take action

this is happening in New Hampshire as more Massholes move north to save on taxes, however firearm manufacturers like Sig Sauer & Q Defense make up for a good amount of the workforce and economy for that state, so it will never happen. That and once you leave the coastline where the massholes have been moving to, the rest of New Hampshire strongly disagrees with their views.