Rob0115

Franklin armory gets around NFA

2 minutes ago, tattooo said:

The release trigger sounds plausible but those are already on the market. The video says FA has a patent pending on " new " technology ?

I think it has to do with the whole trigger mechanism.  When it's on binary it shoots one on squeeze and one on release - two functions but one action, when it's semi auto it shoots like a trap.  I believe the other binary triggers shoot semi on the squeeze and just block the release shot.  That's what makes it different.  A small change can make a world of difference.

3 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Okay, let's talk Turkey

Is it, or will it be NJ legal?

Good question.  Here are the definitions in the current law:

"Firearm" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, automatic or semi-automatic rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectable ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances.  It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person.

"Machine gun" means any firearm, mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir, belt or other means of storing and carrying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism or instrument and fired therefrom.

"Rifle" means any firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder and using the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

"Shotgun" means any firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder and using the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shots or a single projectile for each pull of the trigger, or any firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder which does not fire fixed ammunition.

It's definitely a firearm. 

It is not a machine gun (since it needs to be pressed and released for each shot)

It does not appear to be a rifle since it fires more than projectile per "pull" cycle.

Note: shotgun (which already have trap triggers) use similar language of pull.

It appears to fit the laws.

I disgree about the Machine Gun definition in NJ.

Machine gun" means any firearm, mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir, belt or other means of storing and carrying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism or instrument and fired therefrom.”

A binary trigger does not require the trigger to be pressed for each shot. In Binary mode, you get 2 shots for every press of the trigger - one on the press and one on the release. A release is not a press. 

• Like 2

Machine gun" means any firearm, mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir, belt or other means of storing and carrying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism or instrument and fired therefrom.”
A binary trigger does not require the trigger to be pressed for each shot. In Binary mode, you get 2 shots for every press of the trigger - on on the press and one on the release. A release is not a press. 
Very true HE

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

A binary trigger does not require the trigger to be pressed for each shot. In Binary mode, you get 2 shots for every press of the trigger - one on the press and one on the release. A release is not a press. 

I agree.  Notice the difference in words between MG, Rifle and Shotgun.  MG says press whereas Rifle and Shotgun say pull.  

On 1/12/2018 at 1:17 PM, 1LtCAP said:

i'm thinking that the binary trigger will flag it.

1 round for each pull of the trigger.

""Machine gun" means any firearm, mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir, belt or other means of storing and carrying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism or instrument and fired therefrom."

You never press it for the second shot, so machine gun, hence why the binary trigger is a no go here. I don't see why having it in the rifle from the factory would change that. IN NJ it's a machine gun. Federally it is not. 

2 hours ago, tattooo said:

The only way it would work here is if it a release type of trigger so it is a firearm not a rifle or machine gun.

And that’s as dumb as a Shockwave!

” Who’s calling?”

” ND”

” Nd who?”

” I dunno, I dindo nuffin, pulled trigger an nuffin “

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sota said:

I think I could learn to do release.

And based on NJ's definition of "machinegun" it'd be fine if it's a release trigger, since you have to PULL the trigger first before you RELEASE it to discharge ONE round.

The key word here is PULL

And that’s as dumb as a Shockwave!

” Who’s calling?”

” ND”

” Nd who?”

” I dunno, I dindo nuffin, pulled trigger an nuffin “

I know a few AA trap shooters who have release triggers on their Kreighoff's....takes some getting used to.

We were all wrong, and I quickly lost interest after reading the attached article.

This firearm uses straight rifling, imparting no spin on the projectile. It is designed for under 100 yard shooting, and may require proprietary ammo for best results:

http://www.recoilweb.com/franklin-armorys-reformation-revealed-133042.html

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

We were all wrong, and I quickly lost interest after reading the attached article.

This firearm uses straight rifling, imparting no spin on the projectile. It is designed for under 100 yard shooting, and may require proprietary ammo for best results:

http://www.recoilweb.com/franklin-armorys-reformation-revealed-133042.html

Rifled boolits?