Rob0115

Franklin armory gets around NFA

2 grand for a gun with straight rifling to game the game and not be called a rifle, but not a shottie either? that won't be very accurate?

they were kinda smart getting people all worked up into a frenzy before telling what it is........

1 minute ago, fishnut said:

At least she was not crying like Mrs.Rayray

Actually she was, her ski injury dropped her too the floor whilst dancing, with me. Lights went on, records screeching to a halt. “ bride down! Bride down!” Everybody looking at me, judging, accusing.

now she ha TI and dead people parts in that knee.

true story 

• Like 1

did they get her a wheelchair so she could finish her set. ala Dave Grohl?

and before i shit all over the not-a-rifle, i'll be curious to see if someone doesn't come up with rifled rounds or something that'll impart spin on the bullet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sota said:

did they get her a wheelchair so she could finish her set. ala Dave Grohl?

and before i shit all over the not-a-rifle, i'll be curious to see if someone doesn't come up with rifled rounds or something that'll impart spin on the bullet.

Aid kit out of multiple exterra ‘s

im not sure how a rifle projectile function with straight lands n grooves?

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

We were all wrong, and I quickly lost interest after reading the attached article.

This firearm uses straight rifling, imparting no spin on the projectile. It is designed for under 100 yard shooting, and may require proprietary ammo for best results:

http://www.recoilweb.com/franklin-armorys-reformation-revealed-133042.html

I see your point but on the flipside it appears to be a SPR for close encounters. what are the downsides to that? Thoughts?

me neither, but then I haven't thought about it for a bit.

also, people need to define what they want from such a firearm anyways. 4- MOA @50 yds sounds bad, but is't the M1 the same?

I say define the parameters of use before shit talking it.

3 minutes ago, sota said:

me neither, but then I haven't thought about it for a bit.

also, people need to define what they want from such a firearm anyways. 4- MOA @50 yds sounds bad, but is't the M1 the same?

I say define the parameters of use before shit talking it.

Idk, I think it’s a solution in search of a problem.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, carl_g said:

I see your point but on the flipside it appears to be a SPR for close encounters. what are the downsides to that? Thoughts?

SBR (I assume that’s what you meant) are totally cool, but not necessary. Where the SBR shines is fighting in and around cars and adding a suppressor - and I don’t think adding a suppressor to a straight rifled 11.5” barrel is a good idea, unless you like baffle strikes on your can.

I can do everything I do at work with an issued 11.5” barrel with a 16” overall barrel at home or in training. I can also engage targets past 100 yards with great accuracy with a 16” rifled barrel, something that this new firearm may not be capable of without specialized ammo - if you read the article, they have a photo of a projectile with stabilizing fins.

Hmmmm.... I wonder how fast the proprietary ammo will eventually add up to cost more than the $200 tax stamp fees that this is supposed to save you over the lifetime of the weapon?

Anyway.....

The mission drives the gear train.

I just don’t see a mission where this is the best option out there - other than sticking a finger in the ATF’s eye (a valid reason) and dropping twice the price of a standard AR for a less capable firearm.

I mean, if you can drop $2k on this, then buy special proprietary ammo, why can’t you drop $1200 on a SBR and $200 on a tax stamp?

I just don’t see it.

Which means this will probably sell like hot cakes.......

• Like 1

It does fit a niche for us though.

Currently, as a firearm, it does not seem to fit the NJ definitions of an assault rifle so is legal as is.  That gets us the adjustable stock and threaded muzzle/any device we want on the muzzle short of a can.  This is an improvement.

Furthermore when S548 becomes law, you could still have this firearm.  Meanwhile, semi-auto AR rifles will be basically illegal since you cant even have a pistol grip.

I am not a lawyer, this is just my thought.

How's this help?

Trunk gun!  For self defense, if you're taking shots at 100 yards, it's not really defense....unless you're an operator or something.... 4moa at 50 yards is 2", I think that's sufficient.  I bet none of you can shoot a 2" group offhand with a service pistol at 50 yards!  

For a trunk gun in NJ it must be unloaded.  This will load far faster than a shotgun.  Handguns you can't drive around with.  I think the niche is here in NJ if it is indeed legal and stays that way 

9 minutes ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

It does fit a niche for us though.

Currently, as a firearm, it does not seem to fit the NJ definitions of an assault rifle so is legal as is.  That gets us the adjustable stock and threaded muzzle/any device we want on the muzzle short of a can.  This is an improvement.

Furthermore when S548 becomes law, you could still have this firearm.  Meanwhile, semi-auto AR rifles will be basically illegal since you cant even have a pistol grip.

I am not a lawyer, this is just my thought.

How's this help?

Trunk gun!  For self defense, if you're taking shots at 100 yards, it's not really defense....unless you're an operator or something.... 4moa at 50 yards is 2", I think that's sufficient.  I bet none of you can shoot a 2" group offhand with a service pistol at 50 yards!  

For a trunk gun in NJ it must be unloaded.  This will load far faster than a shotgun.  Handguns you can't drive around with.  I think the niche is here in NJ if it is indeed legal and stays that way 

Is it useful?  Not at all.  I'd rather have a 14.5 inch AR with a fixed stock and BCM muzzle device than this piece of crap.  

It will shoot like shit, keyhole at 50 yards which means the bullet is bleeding energy like a Honda towing an anchor and has no use other than to show your friends how cool you are.  

Get a quality AR and skip the gimmick.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Is it useful?  Sure, but I'd rather have a 14.5 inch AR with a fixed stock and BCM muzzle device than this piece of crap.  

It will shoot like shit, keyhole at 50 yards which means the bullet is bleeding energy like a Honda towing an anchor and has no use other than to show your friends how cool you are.  

Get a quality AR and skip the gimmick.

But if S548 becomes law you can't have the 14.5 with a BCM muzzle device as comps will be illegal.  you'll have a bare muzzle and no pistol grip.  I think i'd rather have a 50 yard "firearm" that I can load far faster than a shotgun and have at the least, equal "accuracy".

If murphy didn't exist I'd argue the point less 

9 minutes ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

But if S548 becomes law you can't have the 14.5 with a BCM muzzle device as comps will be illegal.  you'll have a bare muzzle and no pistol grip.  I think i'd rather have a 50 yard "firearm" that I can load far faster than a shotgun and have at the least, equal "accuracy".

Ya but, but if... cmon guy. You’re industry. You should be like “ we fighting this shit, bitches tell you all puke! Ya I’m hard! Hard and strong!”

jus sayen 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Ya but, but if... cmon guy. You’re industry. You should be like “ we fighting this shit, bitches tell you all puke! Ya I’m hard! Hard and strong!”

jus sayen 

hey, I’m not running out of the state!  I’m standing strong here.  More so peeling back the layers of a potential niche than spreading doom and gloom with my above thoughts.  

• Like 1

Just now, Pew Pew Plates said:

hey, I’m not running out of the state!  I’m standing strong here.  More so peeling back the layers of a potential niche than spreading doom and gloom with my above thoughts.  

This gun is dumb. Gca of 68 is dumb. 

Jus sayen 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

How can I not have something I already have?  Are they gonna knock on my door and confiscate them?  What I have is mine, and I'm not surrending them.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

How can I not have something I already have?  Are they gonna knock on my door and confiscate them?  What I have is mine, and I'm not surrending them.

I was talking specifically about it being a good trunk gun here in NJ, I agree with you're quoted point but I wouldn't be warm and fuzzy driving around (and parking) daily with a prohibited firearm but everyone has different levels of risk they are willing to accept which makes this all very, very subjective.

8 minutes ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

I was talking specifically about it being a good trunk gun here in NJ, I agree with you're quoted point but I wouldn't be warm and fuzzy driving around (and parking) daily with a prohibited firearm but everyone has different levels of risk they are willing to accept which makes this all very, very subjective.

Welcome to thug life yo

• Like 3