Rob0115

Franklin armory gets around NFA

5 hours ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

It does fit a niche for us though.

Currently, as a firearm, it does not seem to fit the NJ definitions of an assault rifle so is legal as is.  That gets us the adjustable stock and threaded muzzle/any device we want on the muzzle short of a can.  This is an improvement.

Furthermore when S548 becomes law, you could still have this firearm.  Meanwhile, semi-auto AR rifles will be basically illegal since you cant even have a pistol grip.

I am not a lawyer, this is just my thought.

How's this help?

Trunk gun!  For self defense, if you're taking shots at 100 yards, it's not really defense....unless you're an operator or something.... 4moa at 50 yards is 2", I think that's sufficient.  I bet none of you can shoot a 2" group offhand with a service pistol at 50 yards!  

For a trunk gun in NJ it must be unloaded.  This will load far faster than a shotgun.  Handguns you can't drive around with.  I think the niche is here in NJ if it is indeed legal and stays that way 

excellent points. i'll still wait till they're on the used market for crazy cheap :)

10 hours ago, The_Matrix said:

This thing is a bit expensive.  $2000....Ouch!

its REALLY stupid if you live in a free state... where you can get a stamp... I think my SBR with the stamp was probably around that amount.. and it actually stabilizes bullets.. 

• Like 2

according to RTSP's facebook page, they posted about it last week at SHOT, it is NJ legal and they will be selling it, but it won't be cheap.

6 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

according to RTSP's facebook page, they posted about it last week at SHOT, it is NJ legal and they will be selling it, but it won't be cheap.

It's garbage.  

• Like 1

It's garbage.  

Precisely, and their ammo looks like a gimmick. If it weren’t so expensive I would either swap out for a real barrel or pay a gunsmith to unfuck it

3 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

Precisely, and their ammo looks like a gimmick. If it weren’t so expensive I would either swap out for a real barrel or pay a gunsmith to unfuck it

Shhhhhh

I’d really like an lwrc REPR 12” I’m a lwrc fanboy and proud :)

3 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

so, is this binary trigger NJ legal?   the AK platform is on pre-sale now.  

No.  NJ Law specifically states 

"Machine gun" means any firearm, mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot.  which means that if you fire more than 1 shot per press, (shot on release a la binary), it's a MG in NJ law.

• Like 1

No.  NJ Law specifically states 
"Machine gun" means any firearm, mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot.  which means that if you fire more than 1 shot per press, (shot on release a la binary), it's a MG in NJ law.

Screw NJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk