Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

The End of the F***ing World

That's the name of a Netflix series I started and finished yesterday, on a whim.

I recognized the boy from a Black Mirror episode and figured to give it a watch.  The episodes are 20ish minutes each and there are only 8 of them.  By the 3rd one, I was hooked. 

It was weird and original.   I enjoyed it.

Anyone else watch it?

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

Will look at it this weekend.  I couldn't get past first episode of Black Mirror.  

Black Mirror is different every episode.  A few I didn't like, some were great, the 2nd and 3rd season were better than the first.

Black Mirror is different every episode.  A few I didn't like, some were great, the 2nd and 3rd season were better than the first.
I watched the first season when it came out. Been meaning to check out the rest.

I felt the same as you about it. I thought some episodes were great and others just not so much.

I do like the fact that the episodes are unrelated and each one is a fresh story.
It reminds me of the old Twilight Zone episodes.

I'm curious to see if each episode has a different director as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Watched the first episode.  Not.liking it.  Will watch a few more episodes as they are short.  If is weird but also annoying.

Wife and I watched "Tin Star" on Amazon.  It is also weird, but intriguing.  Pulls you in.  Check if out.

I found the first episode clunky as well.  It jumped around too much.  It gets smoother as you go.  Shrug, it's not for everyone, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

What's the rating. 16 year olds?

No idea of the rating.  I don't recall any nudity.  There's plenty of language and a couple sexual situations.   There's a murder scene that's pretty graphic.

Wife and I just got done watching it. Little weird but we watched it all. Ended up liking it.  I'd say you need to get 3 episodes on before you can really decide. Just watched divorced......... has some pretty funny stuff in it. A good change from the normal crap on TV.

17 hours ago, varna said:

Wife and I just got done watching it. Little weird but we watched it all. Ended up liking it.  I'd say you need to get 3 episodes on before you can really decide. Just watched divorced......... has some pretty funny stuff in it. A good change from the normal crap on TV.

I know Glenn needs eye bleach.   That's how I feel about watching most network TV.  There's never an original thought and it's a PC BS with a laugh track.    

One of the most intriguing things to me was that it starts out "I think I'm a psychopath"   Long about episode 5 or so "I'm definitely not a psychopath".   I just felt it was a pretty off the rails exploration of kids who are trying to figure out where they fit in the world.   It struck me as fairly real as I've known people like those kids and that dad and the situations they were in.   The real psychopath was a bit of a left hook though.     Not for everyone, that's for sure.