Mrs. Peel

John Wick TV series in the works at Starz

It seems many of you are fans of the John Wick movies. They're turning it into a TV series. They don't know yet if Keanu Reeves will make any appearances, but he's a co-producer of the new series... and it keeps the same director too... so it promises to have very much the same style in terms of elaborately staged, action-packed shootouts, etc. 

Here's the link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/john-wick-tv-series-in-the-works-at-starz/ar-AAuBWRH?li=AA2qN5v&ocid=spartanntp&ffid=gz

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

Oh great..they just cancelled Stars on Optimun. :angry:

Time to drop cable tv and start streaming / cutting the cord.  Look into it, you'll probably save $50-$100 a month with near or more shows you are watching now.

Keep your cable internet.

Cancel cable tv and cable phone.

Use a streaming device (Roku and Amazon Fire Stick or Box most popular)

Subscribe to the services which meet your viewing habits (Playstation Vue, Sling, DirectTv Now, Netflix, Hulu, etc).  No contracts.

If you own a house you can even look into Over The Air (OTA) services which you would pick up via a HD Antenna.

For home phone (if you want something in addition to you cell) you their are several different providers.  I use Ooma.

• Like 1

Its coming to that. Fio just cancelled a couple more. One of which was the Sony movie channel. They already killed the Sportsman and Outdoor channels a year or so ago. Pissing me off![emoji35]

What pisses me off even more is the crap they choose to keep!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that I’m fuming again, Optimum bitches to the public to call the channel, we have to see it on Fios. Last year they had banners all over the screen! Why the eff do I give a damn what Opt does. Ugh. Where are my blood pressure pills!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like so many of us I've (speaking only for myself) become so lazy and comfortable with the status quo. I have 4 tvs around the house. Roku in the living room, no one uses it. A Fire stick that was a xmas gift last year and was used for a few months. I have a smart tv in my man cave and have Amazon Prime on it. Other then a few movies and shows I missed I hardly use it. I find it easier to just search the guide and flip to that channel or set it up to record it.  I have 1000 channels that of which I watch maybe 20. Of those 20 maybe 3-5 most often. (Fox 75% of the time) So any more options I feel I would be spending my time surfing for something to watch rather then watching something.  Until they come out with a box that all the tvs in the house can be chained to I feel cable will be my go to entertainment.

Just cause I'm lazy.

Smitty?  You sound like a perfect candidate for streaming.  You can only watch what you want.  Browse the different streaming providers (Playstation Vue, Sling, DirectTVNow, etc) to see which service covers your viewing needs.  With PS Vue you can watch on up to three devices / tvs at once.  Not sure about the other service but they are probably similar.

We are paying about $100 less per month since we made the change.

Cablevision Triple Play was costing us about $220 a month.

Now we pay:

$50 - Internet

$40 - Playstation Vue (Access level)

$14 - Netflix 

$12 - Hulu 

$4 - Ooma Telo (internet home telephone, was $90 to purchase)

Total we pay now after ditching cable TV - $120

We will occasionally add HBO when Game Of Thrones or Westworld is on and when they are done we turn it off. 

We will be cancelling Hulu soon.  We kept it because one of my sister inlaws is currently living in France and she uses our account to watch programming that isn't available in France.  She's moving back soon and Hulu is going.  So that will bring the cost down to $108.

We also have Amazon Prime Video but I believe my sister inlaws pay for it and we just have access.

My DVR ate itself, and absent the convenience of that, cable was REALLY pissing me off. Then they raised rates. So I'm looking to cut the cord. It looks like direct TV now will be the winner, primarily because they now have MSG as the regional sprots networks for this area so devils fans can watch the devils. 

Cable was going up to about $130 a month. With HBO, Starz, and fees, it'll be about $83. If the next tier down covers MSG, I'll be moving down a notch, shaving $20 more, and adding the one channel I'd miss as streaming ala-carte. 

Roku is decent, but for the real technophobes, roku plus a harmony hub (harmony smart control package is usually the cheapest way to get it), you can make it very cable like. Power on the TV, goes straight to the directTVnow app in roku. 

I was paying $230 for cable/internet from Comcast.  I called to cancel and just keep the internet since i have Android TV boxes on my TVs and even tho they are clunky compared to cable i was willing to switch and just get HULU as well.  So they tell me that if I am not a cable subscriber then just internet is $89.99 a month!  So i let the service agent go through her schpeal but she wasnt coming close so i tell her thanks but no thanks I'll just cancel and keep the internet.  She tells me "Well, there's one other thing i can do for you" and she offers me the package I have, with zero changes, for $99 a month.  WTF?  So of course i say ok.  So with the box rentals Im paying around $135 now....15 mins on the phone to save $100 a month.  Totally worth it.  If I would have gotten just the net for $90 then $40 a month for HULU live I'm just about there anyways.  No brainer.....And I still watch whatever i want on the Android boxes...