voyager9

Maybe Moving. PA question

Last night the topic of moving came up.  We are outgrowing our current house so we will be moving in anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. 

I planted the seed of opening up our search to PA. The problem is I know nothing about the areas on that side of the bridge. 

I work in Moorestown and my daughter goes to school in Burlington so I’d want someplace within 30 min commute or so from there.  A quick look didn’t really make me optimistic: either pretty urban, industrial, or 50+ commute minutes away

anyone familiar with that area with suggestions?

7 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Last night the topic of moving came up.  We are outgrowing our current house so we will be moving in anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. 

I planted the seed of opening up our search to PA. The problem is I know nothing about the areas on that side of the bridge. 

I work in Moorestown and my daughter goes to school in Burlington so I’d want someplace within 30 min commute or so from there.  A quick look didn’t really make me optimistic: either pretty urban, industrial, or 50+ commute minutes away

anyone familiar with that area with suggestions?

Stay away from the bridges, ergo Tacony and Bristol. I have a friend that lives in NE philly. Town Home. Congestion is part of life until you move further away from pop centers 

32 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

That’s my fear.  Nowhere within 30 min or so of The BBB that isn’t congested.  My wife wanted to move to New Hope to which I replied by handing her a map

New Hope is really nice.

50 minutes ago, stuckinNJ said:

I’d take a 50+ minute commute to get out of this NJ hellhole. Are either of your jobs transferable? As in could you find a job in PA thus obviating the issue entirely?

I understand that mentality. Unfortunately I can’t add that kind of time away from home

I used to work in Philadelphia and many of my coworkers lived in Bucks County. Try searching around the Newtown and Yardley area, its not more than 30 miles from Moorestown. Langhorn is even closer. I also think your commute wouldn't be so bad as you would be going from PA to NJ, I think in that area, most commuting is heading to Philly.

54 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Oh, New Hope is nice, but commuting from there to Moorestown by way of Burlington everyday would be soul crushing

Actually, hop the bridge to lambertville, take 29 through Trenton. Going against traffic. 

New Hope is pricey. 

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

50min is soul crushing.....?

I believe that comment was about commuting between New Hope and Moorestown.   But yes, I was also being melodramatic. 

I’d be ok with 50 min. That’s what I have now picking up my daughter in Burlington.  I really can’t add to that though because wife as the other kids home by herself.  That would change in a year or two tho. 

• Like 1