samtechlan

SOE vs Esstac velcro shotgun cards

1 hour ago, samtechlan said:

These seem to be two of the most popular velcro options out there.  It would be for a soon to be picked up Mossberg 590 with a 18.5" barrel intended mainly for home defense.  Any opinions, comparisons on these products would be appreciated. 

I know @High Exposure has some info on this.

26 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Fuck John Willis and SOE. He’s a crook and asshole.

Don't know the story behind it... but man, my SOE gear (from before it became Original SOE) is rock solid.  it's like 15+ years old and still works great.

I have the Esstac cards.  They work.  I will only make one suggestion, skip the long ones.  No 7 or 6 rounders.  The Velcro gets wavy and if your carrying all those rounds on the gun they tend to fall off when you run.  5 rounders are good.  4 rounders are my favorites.

It doesn’t really matter. The loop is more for removing from the pouch and ripping it off the receiver than for putting the card on the gun.

I find it easier to rip off with loop towards the muzzle on a shotgun with a stock. With a pistol grip, I like the loop to the back.

I like the 6 round ESSTAC cards. I have no issues with them curving or coming off the Velcro once they are slapped on. The reason I like the 6 instead of the 7 is it gives you a little room to be sloppy when slapping them on. With the 7, if you don’t get it back far enough, it can interfere with the slide when working the action.

As for John Willis, google his name to see some of his shitty business practices.

I have some of his gear; it is very well thought out and very well made. That doesn’t change the fact that he is a giant asshole who doesn’t care about the customer.

I had one of his 12 Gauge micro rigs. I carried it in my car at work for when I needed the shotgun. It was awesome, but then we got rifles and I never used it anymore so I got rid of it. I am pissed I sold it. I would get another if I could find one used - He isn’t getting any more of my money.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, High Exposure said:

I had one of his 12 Gauge micro rigs. I carried it in my car at work for when I needed the shotgun. It was awesome, but then we got rifles and I never used it anymore so I got rid of it. I am pissed I sold it. I would get another if I could find one used - He isn’t getting any more of my money.

As do I, and I love it.  I wanted the larger rig but you have to pay for it first THEN wait 3 months before they build it.  What the fuck?!?

As to the OP, the loop forward or backwards is a preference.  I'm lefty so the loop always seems to find itself forward for me.