Pizza Bob

Did This Really Happen Here? (Hamilton, NJ)

Ran across this on another forum and was surprised to see that it supposedly happened close by (to me) in Hamilton, NJ.

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesmatter/news/viral-video-security-guard-strolls-in-casually-shoots-robbers-7Jf0idR6fkCgVVuIPFcixA?full=1

The article says that they are still trying to verify the incident. Watch closely as the security guard one-hands it with a revolver. What do you think? Real? Happened where it says it did?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

If it did that was a pretty low caliber. Even 38 special from 2 feet away there wouldn’t be a question of “am I shot” I don’t think. Seems like the guard was talking louder then the shots on the tape. Maybe it’s a 22 revolver... 

No idea if it happened here though. If it did, more power too him. He stopped a crime in progress and the perps apparently had a weapon and could have hurt someone. 

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. In NJ they’ll probably arrest the guard and he’ll get a longer jail term then the robbers :(

11 minutes ago, FXDX said:

could it be in Hamilton in Atlantic County?

I don't think so because the article made a reference to "Hamilton High West" which is near Trenton.

16 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

I don't think so because the article made a reference to "Hamilton High West" which is near Trenton.

I see, then it could be the one near Broad St & Park Ave  which is two blocks from the HHS West.  If it is Mercer they will probably bury it like they do with everything else.

Just now, 1LtCAP said:

pretty poor shooting to only hit him in the arm that close.......

While I doubt that it was by design - that was a one-handed, point shoot while moving into the store from probably 2 or 3 yards. I'd say that rates a "pretty decent".

• Like 4

Or unlike the some of the real police (edit to some because not fair to lump all police together) he didn't see a need to unload every round into the guy and the shot to the arm was sufficient for the situation. Especially being that they had a fake firearm.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Unless that guard is at work in THAT store and has a CCW, he is fucked! Either way good old PRNJ justice says he get's a much stiffer sentence than the perps!

Which is why it was best he kept his cool and didn’t shoot to kill or even slap or handle anyone. Although he will probably go broke defending himself, in Hamilton he’ll probably end up ok. 

P.S.  RWJ Hospital is not far away from there and is the most likely to have armed guards at night. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I would say there is a good chance the guard was hired by the 7-11 if is one of them next to Trenton.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would agree and I hope that is the case. If so, he most likely will not be charged with anything.

6 hours ago, JimB1 said:

If it did that was a pretty low caliber. Even 38 special from 2 feet away there wouldn’t be a question of “am I shot” I don’t think. Seems like the guard was talking louder then the shots on the tape. Maybe it’s a 22 revolver... 

You have very unreal expectations about what a handgun round can actually do. 

5 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

That was pretty good shooting considering the store clerk was standing right next to the perp. Plus, this wasn’t paper at 10 yards at the range. This was real life. He thought he was going up against a bad guy armed with a gun and was facing the potential of being injured or killed himself. He didn’t know it was a fake gun. You can expect a 50%-75% degradation in skill in a real deadly force situation. This guy is a stud.

Apparently Hamilton convenience stores have been getting hit hard lately. They probably hired armed guards. I have seen this a few times in my jurisdiction when there was a rash of bank and convenience store robberies in my county. In my experience most armed security officers and armored car drivers are issued revolvers.

It is curious that they picked a store with a guard. My bet is the guard was sitting in his car in the lot either taking a break or getting warm. The bad guys probably didn’t even know he was there. He saw the two diabolicals walk in and followed them.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

You have very unreal expectations about what a handgun round can actually do. 

Not really, I just know that you need to talk really loud to be louder then your ammo. :)  I don't think it's an unreal expectation that pretty much any caliber pistol above 22 would be louder then the person holding it. All of mine are LOL

Seriously though, maybe it's just the volume on the recording not catching the sound well but no one seems phased by the sound of multiple shots fired from what 3 feet away. These guys were in a space behind the counter that was maybe 3 foot x 8 foot with the gun at about the middle of the counter. You'd think their ears would be ringing a little, they seemed to have no issues talking at what seemed to be a normal conversational level afterwards. 

Even with ear protection sometimes my tinnitus kicks in after shooting a little bit at an indoor range. I am always content to be wrong though (happens so often, I am used to it) so maybe they were all really loud people or whatever... 

I'm with you though, damn good at keeping his cool and getting the job done in a high stress scenario.

-Jim

13 hours ago, JimB1 said:

Not really, I just know that you need to talk really loud to be louder then your ammo. :)  I don't think it's an unreal expectation that pretty much any caliber pistol above 22 would be louder then the person holding it. All of mine are LOL

Seriously though, maybe it's just the volume on the recording not catching the sound well but no one seems phased by the sound of multiple shots fired from what 3 feet away. These guys were in a space behind the counter that was maybe 3 foot x 8 foot with the gun at about the middle of the counter. You'd think their ears would be ringing a little, they seemed to have no issues talking at what seemed to be a normal conversational level afterwards. 

Even with ear protection sometimes my tinnitus kicks in after shooting a little bit at an indoor range. I am always content to be wrong though (happens so often, I am used to it) so maybe they were all really loud people or whatever... 

I'm with you though, damn good at keeping his cool and getting the job done in a high stress scenario.

-Jim

I wasn’t referring to the volume of the shots. I could care less how loud they seem on a recording of a recording.

Gunshots often appear quieter on recordings because some microphones just can’t pick up and record a noise impulse that loud and fast. Watch YouTube or IG videos and you’ll see. A lot of the shots from the same gun will have different sounds at different volumes. Each frame of the recording is only a fraction of a tenth of a second. The sound could have spiked and faded between captures.

As for having a conversation after a gunfight - your body is amazing and has some incredible abilities to protect itself during stressful situations. One such phenomenon is called “Auditory Exclusions”. You will often hear accounts by people involved in gunfights state that the shots - both incoming and outgoing - sounded like puffs of air, or distant pops.

I was referring to the belief that someone wouldn’t ask if they’ve been shot when hit with a .38. People are shot and live all the time - especially handgun rounds. People are shot and don’t even know often. 

Don’t compare experiences during range sessions with real life. Don’t equate what is seen on TV or in the movies with what bullets really do to meat and bone or how people really act when shot in a real gunfight.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, High Exposure said:

I wasn’t referring to the volume of the shots. I could care less how loud they seem on a recording of a recording.

Gunshots often appear quieter on recordings because some microphones just can’t pick up and record a noise impulse that loud and fast. Watch YouTube or IG videos and you’ll see. A lot of the shots from the same gun will have different sounds at different volumes. Each frame of the recording is only a fraction of a tenth of a second. The sound could have spiked and faded between captures.

As for having a conversation after a gunfight - your body is amazing and has some incredible abilities to protect itself during stressful situations. One of those abilities is called “Auditory Exclusions”. You will often hear accounts by people involved in gunfights that the shots - both incoming and outgoing - sounded like puffs of air, or distant pops.

I was referring to the belief that someone wouldn’t ask if they’ve been shot when hit with a .38. People are shot and live all the time - especially handgun rounds. People are shot and don’t even know often. 

Don’t compare experiences during range sessions with real life. Don’t equate what is seen on TV or in the movies with what bullets really do to meat and bone or how people really act when shot in a real gunfight.

I guess you are right. People are weird that way, they immediately react to a paper cut or a bee sting but I saw someone break a finger once and not react or even notice it until a few minutes later... 

-Jim

11 hours ago, capt14k said:

Or unlike the real police he didn't see a need to unload every round into the guy and the shot to the arm was sufficient for the situation. Especially being that they had a fake firearm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You would complain about a blow job if a cop gave it to you wouldn't you? Your anti cop attitude is getting really old. 

• Like 2

You would complain about a blow job if a cop gave it to you wouldn't you? Your anti cop attitude is getting really old. 
Here's my suggestion. Block me like I've done with you and your buddy Zeke. Unfortunately Tapatalk will still notify if you are quoted by blocked individual, and if someone else quotes their posts you will see that too, but 90% of their posts are eliminated from having to view.

18 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Here's my suggestion. Block me like I've done with you and your buddy Zeke. Unfortunately Tapatalk will still notify if you are quoted by blocked individual, and if someone else quotes their posts you will see that too, but 90% of their posts are eliminated from having to view.

Well I'll make sure to quote all your posts then. Thanks for the heads up. 

7 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Gunshots often appear quieter on recordings because some microphones just can’t pick up and record a noise impulse that loud and fast.

Similar in function to automatic exposure for cameras, most audio recording devices (including the ones built into in video camera) attenuate the sound level so the audio is not blown out.  It will pick up a whisper in low noise environments and attenuate audio levels at a wedding reception or drag race.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimB1 said:

I guess you are right. People are weird that way, they immediately react to a paper cut or a bee sting but I saw someone break a finger once and not react or even notice it until a few minutes later... 

-Jim

adrenaline is a crazy drug

• Like 1