Here's the bottom line at the bottom of the proposed bill:

"This bill revises the definition of “large capacity ammunition  magazine” to reduce the number of rounds of ammunition a legal  magazine may hold in this State. 
Under current law, it is unlawful to own or possess an  ammunition magazine that is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition. 
This bill would reduce the maximum capacity of a legal ammunition magazine in New Jersey to five rounds. "

This is stupid and rhetorical, but what data do they have to show that establishing a 15 round magazine limit had any beneficial impact to crime reduction.  What data will they have to demonstrate that reducing from 15 to 5 will be meaningful.

I know, I know..... no need to answer.  I'm just sayin'.

found this link on ammoland.  one story has to do with the CA magazine limit,  I see the anjprc has file an amicus brief for this case. I just hope they are planning on filing lawsuits here.

https://www.nraila.org/campaigns/2017/california/stand-and-fight-california/

was wondering why I cant find a similar page for NJ?    

2 hours ago, remixer said:

I would think it would end up being 10 after a court challenge.. but who knows..

I believe they are smart - they know they won' get 5 - but they post 10 and 5 - vigorously try to defend 5 and settle on 10 after negotiations. ...that' how i see it....

29 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

I reiterate my offer to any/all who might want to have their higher round mags go "on vacation" here in FL, where you can come and visit them at any time.  PM if interested.

Well done sir - well done. :drinks:

Now that' a stand up offer....for those that have no other plan..

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I believe they are smart - they know they won' get 5 - but they post 10 and 5 - vigorously try to defend 5 and settle on 10 after negotiations. ...that' how i see it....

Well done sir - well done. :drinks:

Now that' a stand up offer....for those that have no other plan..

One of the "pro gun" Republicans in the legislature should propose a 3 round magazine limit! That would make Dems heads explode, they wouldn't know what to do!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

I reiterate my offer to any/all who might want to have their higher round mags go "on vacation" here in FL, where you can come and visit them at any time.  PM if interested.

Whats the story on someone from NJ storing guns down there, any input on that? I have family in your area and going to ask my BIL about it too. Can I keep some rifles locked up in a FL residents home?

21 minutes ago, siderman said:

Whats the story on someone from NJ storing guns down there, any input on that? I have family in your area and going to ask my BIL about it too. Can I keep some rifles locked up in a FL residents home?

Why not? As long as you can only access them, then no one else can be in possession of them.  A little reading for you.

https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/14613/owning-firearms-but-keeping-them-out-of-state

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T Bill said:

Why not? As long as you can only access them, then no one else can be in possession of them.  A little reading for you.

https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/14613/owning-firearms-but-keeping-them-out-of-state

thanx for the read but it skirted the issue I am trying to find out. I'm not concerned about myself having the gun out of state but the legality as it concerns someone like my BIL having my guns at his home from Floridas perspective.

6 hours ago, siderman said:

I'll check the FL statutes and other resources and get back to you.

3 hours ago, siderman said:

Thanx, appreciate it. would be nice to know to have as a plan A, B or C....

It is good to have a plan or plans especially when you are expecting that things could and most likely WILL turn bad. Having options ready when the day does come is very wise indeed!

Let's say the day may come, and soon, when all AR, AK and many other guns and accessories become illegal overnight. I will list some options below.

1) Do not comply. Keep the now contraband items and take your chances.

2) Sell them to an FFL in PA or DE. Problem here is you will be standing in a long line and getting paid pennies on the dollar due to the dealers taking advantage of the situation.

3) Store them out of state at a good friend or relatives house in a secure safe where only you have access (thus no transfer.

4) Pay an out of state range, storage facility with high security or Gunsitters. A very costly proposition!

5) Turn them in to local PD..........Stupid idea! Don't even think about it! Unfortunately some suckers will!

What say you guys? I am sure I am missing some options here. No need for "I WILL NOT COMPLY YOU SISSY!" posts as I am not saying what I will do since that depends on exactly WHAT happens. We do not yet have those facts but we can come up with ideas such as above. 

Ideas? 

This now a new thread in 1A. Perhaps better to respond HERE

12 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

It is good to have a plan or plans especially when you are expecting that things could and most likely WILL turn bad. Having options ready when the day does come is very wise indeed!

Let's say the day may come, and soon, when all AR, AK and many other guns and accessories become illegal overnight. I will list some options below.

1) Do not comply. Keep the now contraband items and take your chances.

2) Sell them to an FFL in PA or DE. Problem here is you will be standing in a long line and getting paid pennies on the dollar due to the dealers taking advantage of the situation.

3) Store them out of state at a good friend or relatives house in a secure safe where only you have access (thus no transfer.

4) Pay an out of state range, storage facility with high security or Gunsitters. A very costly proposition!

5) Turn them in to local PD..........Stupid idea! Don't even think about it! Unfortunately some suckers will!

What say you guys? I am sure I am missing some options here. No need for "I WILL NOT COMPLY YOU SISSY!" posts as I am not saying what I will do since that depends on exactly WHAT happens. We do not yet have those facts but we can come up with ideas such as above. 

Ideas? 

This now a new thread in 1A. Perhaps better to respond HERE

Personally I'm not one to continue to pay for the tyranny of the mentally disturbed. I couldn't possibly care any less what the sacks of human debris in Trenton want. As far as I'm concerned if they all fell into a puddle of aids tomorrow I would get a chuckle out of their demise. I believe that puts me on an even keel with them as far as respect is concerned. My plan is to remove my firearms from the state, and take my tax dollars as well. Enough is enough. I will not support their violations of the 2nd, rewarding criminals, sanctuary policy(redundant) high tax dollar, massive institutional corruption any longer. They are filthy, corrupt crap sacks and are beneath me, and every other decent person. Where ever they go and what ever they do, I sincerely hope they are in pain. Sorry to say but the attacks on our rights are only one small part of what is a continued soaking and abuse of tax payers. Murphy has made it abundantly clear that he has every intention of making it more expensive to live here if you actually pay taxes, and a paradise if you are a parasite or criminal. It's time for me to admit that the left has finally beat me...I'm bowing out...We have long surpassed the point of diminishing returns.

Just read this somewhere......what nonsense is this.

Quote: "A coworker just finished his Illinois CCW class. We were talking and he said they told him in class he shouldn't carry more than 5 rounds per magazine because it could show 'intent'. He could carry multiple magazines, but no more than 5 per".