Anything can make it through, but five round mags are pretty uncommon, to the best of my knowledge.

I suspect they will use this bill, as they have done in the past, to make a ten round mag limit seem reasonable, like they are willing to compromise with us.  

• Like 2

Ain't gonna happen. They're either trying to be too clever knowing it's basically a ban on all semi handguns and most revolvers or are just too stupid to realize 5rd mags for handguns don't really exist. like others have said this allows a compromise for the 10 rounders which will be a pc of cake to pass as 6-8 other states already have that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

Anything can make it through, but five round mags are pretty uncommon, to the best of my knowledge.

I suspect they will use this bill, as they have done in the past, to make a ten round mag limit seem reasonable, like they are willing to compromise with us.  

ANNNNDDDDD this is the problem....'cause the 2a orgs will take that bargain.

• Like 2

If I'm correct, NY has a law that makes having more than 7 rds. in a magazine (regardless of the capacity) a felony. Maybe they have something like that in mind.

Struck down by Federal Court

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

Didn't know that. That's good news. Do you know what the outcome of the ruling was as to the magazine capacity is in NY? Not that it matters just wondering.

21 minutes ago, capt14k said:

NY  is in the 2nd circuit. I believe that decision would only apply there. NJ is free to do what they want and the law would have to be taken to court in the 3rd circuit.

Didn't know that. That's good news. Do you know what the outcome of the ruling was as to the magazine capacity is in NY? Not that it matters just wondering.

The rumor was that the appellate court laughed at the law and struck it down on the grounds of commonly used for sporting purpose. Yet they allowed the reduction to 10 rounds.

MY is in the 2nd circuit. I believe that decision would only apply there. NJ is free to do what they want and the law would have to be taken to court in the 3rd circuit.

That is correct. I was only referring to what happened in NY

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

ANNNNDDDDD this is the problem....'cause the 2a orgs will take that bargain.

Yes and yes they will negotiate away the AR/AK type as well - see my other post in another thread.

My honest to goodness opinion is that the ANJRPC will be overjoyed to see that segment of firearms go away in NJ and be happy it is not at "their" range with the steel plate ringing boys.  They can get back to basics such as 2x4 - bullseye - smallbore matches etc.

But that is just *MY* opinion

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Then we should make sure our voice is heard there so that is clear that such a “compromise” is unacceptable. 

at this point there is NO acceptable compromise from us. it's time for them to give in. compromise is a very big part of how we got into this shit state of affairs to begin with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Then we should make sure our voice is heard there so that is clear that such a “compromise” is unacceptable. 

You mean we should call and tell them no compromises... go for 3 rounds or less? :D

I say instead of trying to stop them, encourage them to go full on absolute fucking retarded.

• Like 5

I'm actually serious.

Let's encourage them like lemmings to go running blindly over the cliff.  With any luck they'll be halfway down before they realize SCOTUS is going to beat them to death with an ugly stick.

Meanwhile we just won't comply. Fuck 'em and fuck anyone who comes for your stuff.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, sota said:

I'm actually serious.

Let's encourage them like lemmings to go running blindly over the cliff.  With any luck they'll be halfway down before they realize SCOTUS is going to beat them to death with an ugly stick.

Meanwhile we just won't comply. Fuck 'em and fuck anyone who comes for your stuff.

I know, it’s outside the box. Maybe it’s the correct approach. “ violate your oath while you're at it”

You mean we should call and tell them no compromises... go for 3 rounds or less? [emoji3]
I say instead of trying to stop them, encourage them to go full on absolute fucking retarded.
That's what I said too. I say we give them ideas. The further they overreach the better chance we have at SCOTUS striking everything down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sota said:

I'm actually serious.

I'm not saying that the strategy is wrong or won't work, but I have my doubts that SCOTUS will ever bail us out. They didn't hear the latest MD AWB appeal, so why would they bother with anything from NJ? Besides, SCOTUS is mixed at best. Gorsuch, Thomas, and Alito seemingly can be counted on, but Kennedy and Roberts could go the other way depending on the day of the week. We'd probably need to rely on the Third Circuit for a good outcome and hope it doesn't go higher than that until Trump can appoint at least one more pro 2a justice (although I'd feel better with two). Here's hoping Trump and Congress get those vacancies on the Third Circuit filled ASAP.

• Like 1