1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

NJ isn’t the only one dealing with this. VA too with their new Gov.  I wonder if that will help move national support of 2A orgs or federal gov. 

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/01/15/gun-control-tops-new-virginia-governors-agenda/

didn't they maintain republitard control of their legislature though?

3 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Yes and yes they will negotiate away the AR/AK type as well - see my other post in another thread.

My honest to goodness opinion is that the ANJRPC will be overjoyed to see that segment of firearms go away in NJ and be happy it is not at "their" range with the steel plate ringing boys.  They can get back to basics such as 2x4 - bullseye - smallbore matches etc.

But that is just *MY* opinion

sadly there's a couple guys in my local range membership that can't stand black guns. one guy was going batshit crazy 'cause an ar guy was using the 25 yard lanes to zero his ar,...........same guy seems to have a hatred of scatterguns too........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

didn't they maintain republitard control of their legislature though?

Idk. My point is this stuff doesn’t stay local. It spreads nationally so the National 2A groups should fight on every beachhead.  NJ, VA, IL all have new governors or races where the candidate is using GC as a platform

5 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

sadly there's a couple guys in my local range membership that can't stand black guns. one guy was going batshit crazy 'cause an ar guy was using the 25 yard lanes to zero his ar,...........same guy seems to have a hatred of scatterguns too........

Tell them to take their .22s shove them where the sun doesn't shine. They're part of the problem.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Berettafan said:

Tell them to take their .22s shove them where the sun doesn't shine. They're part of the problem.

most of the rest of the people at the meeting were rolling their eyes as he blathered on. dude actually said we should be using the 100 yard lanes for our shotties. it was hard not to laugh......and we were waiting to see him stroke out.........

27 minutes ago, SmittyMHS said:

Yet another member of the Future Felons of the Peoples Republic.

Maybe we should start a club...Tee shirts and everything. 

that's a great t-shirt idea

• Like 1

4 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Yes and yes they will negotiate away the AR/AK type as well - see my other post in another thread.

My honest to goodness opinion is that the ANJRPC will be overjoyed to see that segment of firearms go away in NJ and be happy it is not at "their" range with the steel plate ringing boys.  They can get back to basics such as 2x4 - bullseye - smallbore matches etc.

But that is just *MY* opinion

is this true....?

I almost feel like just packing up and moving over the Delaware and just commuting to work. 

6 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

most of the rest of the people at the meeting were rolling their eyes as he blathered on. dude actually said we should be using the 100 yard lanes for our shotties. it was hard not to laugh......and we were waiting to see him stroke out.........

that's a great t-shirt idea

Lol, I hope this wasn't cherry ridge.

You can contact your Assemblymen/women.  There is a website where you can type in your zip code and it will show you who represents your area and give you their official email address.  It also shows a history of how they voted on all the issues brought before the assembly.  I don't have the link off the top of my head, but I can try to find it.  I've actually received supportive answers when I emailed them in the past on 2 separate occasions concerning proposed gun legislation.  

Edit: Found the link

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/legsearch.asp  From here you can search and find lots of info.

On 1/15/2018 at 6:32 PM, voyager9 said:

NJ isn’t the only one dealing with this. VA too with their new Gov.  I wonder if that will help move national support of 2A orgs or federal gov. 

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/01/15/gun-control-tops-new-virginia-governors-agenda/

VA Senate already killed all the new Govs bills so he’s already neutered :B:):

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/general-assembly/most-of-the-democratic-gun-control-agenda-dies-early-in/article_a0dbc232-51c9-5018-8b47-1c64548e9c4b.html

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I don't think there was a mag limit in NYS. Limit is 10 round now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

http://concealednation.org/2014/01/ny-safe-act-7-round-magazine-limit-thrown-out-rest-of-safe-act-upheld/

This Article says there was a 10 round limit in New York State prior to SAFE and NYC has a 5 round limit for certain firearms...

However, pre-bans were allowed.

Pre-SAFE Act, NYS passed an identical copy of the 1994 Federal AWB into NYS law. But like the PRNJ, no sunset.

So you could have your pre-ban 100 round drum or even your 30 round standard capacity mags.

But thanks to Cuomo and the SAFE Act, not anymore.

• Like 1

However, pre-bans were allowed.
Pre-SAFE Act, NYS passed an identical copy of the 1994 Federal AWB into NYS law. But like the PRNJ, no sunset.
So you could have your pre-ban 100 round drum or even your 30 round standard capacity mags.
But thanks to Cuomo and the SAFE Act, not anymore.
Maybe that's why I didn't think there was a limit. Thank you for the info

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So NY had 10 then SAFE tried to change it to 5. When that part was overturned it reverted back to 10. Maybe a small thing but to me that’s much different from NY being unrestricted and arbitrarily going to 10 after overturn. 

Definitely is different. I just always assumed there was no restriction because so many people upstate had standard magazines. Actually if it wasn’t for all the press about SAFE ACT one would probably still assume there is no restrictions upstate since so few have complied.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 1/15/2018 at 6:32 PM, voyager9 said:

I am a member of Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL).  VA is nothing like NJ.  They have a very strong voice in the state.  They sent this update:

"Overall it was an excellent day for gun owners! A large number of gun bills were heard in the Senate Courts of Justice Committee and the antis didn't fare very well. They got one bill through and it is going to Senate Finance, which is not a good place to be: 

* 2 pro-gun bills moved forward 
* 1 pro-gun bill was carried over to next year 
* 2 pro-gun bills were withdrawn by the patron 
* 0 pro-gun bills were defeated by the committee 

* 17 anti-gun bills were defeated by the committee 
* 1 anti-gun bill moved forward (with 2 other identical bills rolled into it) 

The two pro-gun bills that moved forward were: 1) Senator Black's SB 48, Constitutional Carry, and 2) Senator Chase's SB 715, which allows firefighters and EMS to carry concealed while on duty with a CHP. Both bills were sent to the Senate Finance Committee, where we will have to fight for them again. 

All but one of the gun-control bills, including Universal Background Checks which was being pushed hard, went down in flames. A couple of those votes were uncomfortably close as Republican Senator Stuart unexpectedly voted with the Democrats on those two bills.  

Except for the Fire/EMS concealed-carry bill, the Democrats, sadly, voted wrong on everything: Saslaw, Howell, Lucas, Edwards, Deeds, Petersen. 

The one anti-gun bill that passed out of committee, a bump-stock ban bill, was greatly narrowed and is headed to the Senate Finance Committee, where there will be another chance to kill it. We will be watching that bill closely."

• Like 1