15 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Bingo......

Freedom rings in the great state of Virginia

Well, in *parts* of Virginia... mostly the Southern/Western parts. The parts that are closest to DC are very anti, and the prosecutors/LE in those counties reflect that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I am a member of Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL).  VA is nothing like NJ.  They have a very strong voice in the state.  They sent this update:

"Overall it was an excellent day for gun owners! A large number of gun bills were heard in the Senate Courts of Justice Committee and the antis didn't fare very well. They got one bill through and it is going to Senate Finance, which is not a good place to be: 

* 2 pro-gun bills moved forward 
* 1 pro-gun bill was carried over to next year 
* 2 pro-gun bills were withdrawn by the patron 
* 0 pro-gun bills were defeated by the committee 

* 17 anti-gun bills were defeated by the committee 
* 1 anti-gun bill moved forward (with 2 other identical bills rolled into it) 

The two pro-gun bills that moved forward were: 1) Senator Black's SB 48, Constitutional Carry, and 2) Senator Chase's SB 715, which allows firefighters and EMS to carry concealed while on duty with a CHP. Both bills were sent to the Senate Finance Committee, where we will have to fight for them again. 

All but one of the gun-control bills, including Universal Background Checks which was being pushed hard, went down in flames. A couple of those votes were uncomfortably close as Republican Senator Stuart unexpectedly voted with the Democrats on those two bills.  

Except for the Fire/EMS concealed-carry bill, the Democrats, sadly, voted wrong on everything: Saslaw, Howell, Lucas, Edwards, Deeds, Petersen. 

The one anti-gun bill that passed out of committee, a bump-stock ban bill, was greatly narrowed and is headed to the Senate Finance Committee, where there will be another chance to kill it. We will be watching that bill closely."

Great to hear, I watch VA closely. I grew up in Alexandria and am down in the Spotsylvania area a lot. We have been talking about moving down for a while now, not sure exactly where to in the state, maybe the Culpepper area but it’ll probably be a couple of years until we are ready to make a jump out of NJ. 

Now if only we can get some of northern VA back to center right we’ll be good to go...

-Jim

On 1/15/2018 at 1:20 PM, lopequa said:

The punishment of law abiding hard working taxpayers will now commence by the democraps for NJ firearm owners for not voting democrap. GTFO ASAP and screw the democraps by any legal means. 

blm tatics on trentoon?    SHUT IT DOWN   I'd be standing on Rt 29 by myself I'm afraid

On 1/18/2018 at 9:28 PM, JC_68Westy said:

NJ needs a lot more than karma.  It is lost.  Guns are a real part of the culture here, not so much in NJ. 

Virginia is not what most people think it is.  Yes it is pro gun, but it is in the same boat as Pennsylvania.   One Governor away from anti gun legislation. 

5 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Virginia is not what most people think it is.  Yes it is pro gun, but it is in the same boat as Pennsylvania.   One Governor away from anti gun legislation. 

Actually it’s a few Senate seats away. The last Governor was and current one is anti-2a. The Senate was able to block the last Gov agenda and looks like they will be able to do the same to this one so the left is going to be trying really hard to turn some senate seats in the next election there.

That’s why I said we need to get some of Northern Va back to center right.

-Jim