45Doll

Christie Signed The Bump Stock Bill

Does this mean we now have to turn in all our belt loops, as you can do the same thing by hooking your thumb in your belt loop.  And holding the gun at waist level does not make it anymore inaccurate than holding it up with a bump stock.  Stupid law to make something illegal that was already illegal as it is an adjustable stock.

9 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

So now, bump stocks are still illegal in New Jersey.

From NJ.com

The comments are sprinkled with the usual progressive drivel.

i still think they weren't before....'cause they were either fixed or flapping in the breeze. that said....if they were illegal to mount/use, possession wasn't....but now is.

I was pretty sure the bump stocks were already illegal in NJ but I maybe I'm wrong.  Either way, I think politicians decided to take the Vegas shooting as an easy opportunity to create marketing material for the next time they come up for re-election.  They can say "We are working to keep you safe because we passed this law to ban something that was already banned."  I contacted my assemblymen on the fact that this is a redundant law and waste of political time to pass a law again but I got no answer.  Sometimes they actually email back about these issues when I contact them.

The fanatics will falsely feel more secure because there are too many who believe that the government can legislate the evil out of people.  My sister-in-law is one of them.  It's really interesting talking to someone who has no mental grasp on the reality that no matter what laws are passed, criminals will break them.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Only 2....forward and back very quickly!

welllll it only adjusts to 1 position. that is the only singlre position it locks in. the fact that it flops in the breeze doesn't make it adjustable.......

of course this is all moot now......

22 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

The fanatics will falsely feel more secure because there are too many who believe that the government can legislate the evil out of people.  My sister-in-law is one of them.  It's really interesting talking to someone who has no mental grasp on the reality that no matter what laws are passed, criminals will break them.   

Laws never prevent, only punish if deemed guilty.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i still think they weren't before....'cause they were either fixed or flapping in the breeze. that said....if they were illegal to mount/use, possession wasn't....but now is.

They were determined to be illegal adjustable stocks in 2011 by NJSP FIU or by/in conjunction with the AG

• Like 1

Being they they banned possession of something that was already illegal to use what did anyone really gain here besides a gross waste of tax dollars and a photo op for NJ politicians to give to the sheeple?

Reading some older articles earlier tonight that came out after the Vegas shooting it seems a few NJ gun shop owners were for banning them on a state and federal level because machine guns are evil and such. I wonder if they will sleep better at night after the new 5 round mag limit is passed? I mean less rounds means less bullets which equals a slower rate of fire. Seems like the firearms buyers in NJ need to choose their vendors more wisely there are enough anti's in the gov no need to keep others in business.

14 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Bump fire is still legal in the PRNJ.........Until they ban belt loops as well!

If you own a semi auto rifle then all your pants must be converted to elastic waist bands and belt loops removed by a certified Taylor. You must also have your thumbs removed at the knuckle.

• Like 1

As I read the law, the vagueness of the law was the issue here. Bump stocks were only illegal if you possessed a semi-auto rifle with a detachable magazine and had two offending features, per the 1996 AG guidelines. This probably covered almost every AR owner in the state, but if your AR was fixed mag, or somehow only had one offending feature (the bump stock as the offending feature in this case), a bump stock was permitted. You could also posses a bump stock itself if you didn’t own a rifle for it to go onto. Now, you can’t.