Well, just ordered Ruger RPR in 6.5C to go with Ruger Predator 6.5C. Could not resist the deal.  The compliant Ruger PC are not released yet.  The big distributors should have the free state versions by now.  Some have sold out alreadty.  Demand is very high. 

Remington has announced a precision rifle as well, supposed to be released mid 2018, street priced under 1K.

4 minutes ago, BlueLineFish said:

I am kept far away from departmental purchasing decisions. Better off for me anyway. I would just get myself in more trouble

Lol! 1 of everything please!

back on topic. Sigs 43 competition looks interesting. Otherwise the marlin. Anything that’s jus super awesome coming out?

16 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Customizable levels of protection + lightweight is what appeals to me.

Lightweight is good, and this armor is pretty lightweight - for each part. Together, it’s seems comparable to other armor out there. 

Personally, I just don’t understand the need to customize the level of protection - especially when it’s uncomfortable hard armor to more uncomfortable hard armor.

Are you going to plus up in the middle of a gunfight when the bad guys grabs a rifle? Are you going to remove a plate in the middle of a gunfight?

it doesn’t just snap to the outside. You have to pull the armor out of the carrier, attach the second plate, and put the armor back into the carrier. This is not a quick process. Who isn’t just going to place the two plates together, insert them into the carrier and leave it?

If you are going to wear hard armor, why not just wear rifle rated? You can get soft armor that stops pistol rounds and is much more comfortable, and covers more of your body.

The product they make that I do like is a rifle rated speed plate that goes in the trauma plate pocket of your soft armor carrier. That is useful.

Decibulls has a new "Filter" hearing pro set that remains open until a shot is fired - kinda like electronic earmuffs but with better NRR Protection (NRR 31)

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/23/shot-2018-decibullz-rings-true-magic-ear-pro-sound-dampener/

On 1/23/2018 at 10:48 AM, High Exposure said:

I have hands on with Angel Armor.

I’m not sold on the usefulness of it.

I need to play with it more....

friend of mine has seen some of this poly armor in action.....he won't sell it. flat out refuses.