Zeke

Ok, I jus switched to geico

Seems like insurance has become a shell game just like cellular service and cable/fios service. I too just switched from Liberty to Allstate and saved a crap load of money! Been with Liberty for close to 10 years and every year it would climb up for no reason. Had auto, home and umbrella. Even if it starts going up I'm still saving from resetting and starting at a lower threshold. If you don't try you'll never know. It's just like they said less than 15 mins and you can save some $$$.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, My1stGlock said:

Seems like insurance has become a shell game just like cellular service and cable/fios service. I too just switched from Liberty to Allstate and saved a crap load of money! Been with Liberty for close to 10 years and every year it would climb up for no reason. Had auto, home and umbrella. Even if it starts going up I'm still saving from resetting and starting at a lower threshold. If you don't try you'll never know. It's just like they said less than 15 mins and you can save some $$$.

Now convincing wife to cut the cable cord.

Thanks for all the responses! Maybe in a couple years we will shop again.

Geico has been awesome for me.  2 claims, both over 5 years ago but they literally had a rental car waiting for me at my house before I even got there.  No problems with payments or anything else.  They have become more expensive over the years but I'm not sure i would get the same service.  I can go with NJM through my work but i have been told they are a bare bones company?  No frills....I like the way Geico went out of their way to make sure I was happy.....

• Like 2

I had Geico for years, but like every other insurance company, with time, the rate goes up.  I switched to Allstate 4 years ago and saved about $300 a year.  Was just hit with a $300/yr increase by Allstate with no claims.  Their answer......oh yeah, everyone got an increase.  Time to start looking again.  Anyone deal with Progressive or Farmers?

Chubb beats them but you pay for what you get

Howz that? Had them for decades without a hitch and get 2 dividend checks a year with more reduced rates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Howz that? Had them for decades without a hitch and get 2 dividend checks a year with more reduced rates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coverage. For instance they pay actual cost of replacement not blue book. 

As in if your rare vintage Ferrari is valued at 500k and it's totaled and a replacement coat 650k they pay the 650k.  

But like I said you get what you pay for and they dont insure everyone just the welthy. 

6 hours ago, bhunted said:

You'll never beat NJM Insurance....

I totally agree. I've had them for ever and homeowners too. Get 1 or 2 dividend checks a year. I just bought a 50k+ truck and its less than 800 for full coverage. I don't have the minimum coverage either by far. Over 50 no tickets.  That's the other thing with NJM, you get tickets you get tossed. 

20 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

I think you save money by just switching, no matter which company you switch too.  We've switched a few times and always ended up paying less.

This. 

The practice is called price optimization. To quote an allstate talking head  "We do not engage in price optimization that seeks to charge the highest rate the market will bear." So yeah, they use research data on you to jack your prices, but just not as much as the data suggests you will tolerate. 

When to switch is variable. But in general if your rates increase and there isn't any news articles on your company going at it with the state, or a natural disaster that cost them in the region, you are probably going to benefit form switching. 

Being a stick in the mud is bad for you. I was, and I got over 2x the coverage for about 55% of what I as paying. Saved about $20 a year on moving homeowners with it.