Bully

RTSP Robbery?

Surely Murphy and his cohorts will use this as another example of how dangerous gun ownership is in NJ. If a business establishment with all the latest technology can be burglarized, how can the home owner safeguard his firearms. Just more wood for the fire.

5 minutes ago, S&W39 said:

Surely Murphy and his cohorts will use this as another example of how dangerous gun ownership is in NJ. If a business establishment with all the latest technology can be burglarized, how can the home owner safeguard his firearms. Just more wood for the fire.

I'm sure the State will be more than happy to permanently store our guns for our safety.

19 minutes ago, Bully said:

Ramsey Outdoor used to leave handguns in the case at the Paramus store. Until someone got in thru the roof and grabbed a bunch of stuff. 

Poor planning on RTSP’s part IMHO. 

I don't see how getting broken into is poor planning.  That is victim blaming.

• Like 4

While I don't think Harbor Freight sells ski masks, the three other things you'd need to buy for something like this wouldn't cost more than $35 there - maybe less if you've got a 20% coupon. Large bolt cutters, a claw hammer, and gloves, and maybe a bag for the loot - and that same kit would probably get em into almost any business out there. If not those tools, a stolen car can make easy work of most storefronts, or a truck can pull out a door or lexan window with enough prep time. Or for some businesses, going in from a neighbor's wall could be an option. Even if you prep for everything you can think of, someone might find something you didn't think of.

There is no inexpensive way to really secure a business you want to be friendly and inviting for customers against someone determined enough to break in, especially a place like RTSP where they are far enough away from the main road that no one could see em from 10 or the other closest road.

If they had to secure every gun in a safe every night, guns would get dings/dents/scratches, and employees would spend more time doing that on top of other reponsibilities. If you can slow unauthorized access to everything while keeping the business nice and inviting (and of the places close to me, RTSP is the nicest looking showroom), then I don't think you can fault much.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alex V said:

Maybe the burglars saw the prices RTSP charges and figured "they rob their customers, might as well burglarize them" 

LOL

If Murf the surf gets his way local dealers will be the only game to play. No out of state on line sales.So they can charge anything they want.

3 minutes ago, SmittyMHS said:

If Murf the surf gets his way local dealers will be the only game to play. No out of state on line sales.So they can charge anything they want.

So why overcharge for the last several years? Murf hasn't gotten anything done yet?

I get your point all I'm saying is I don't feel sorry for RTSP. Insurance will cover it and they will continue to rip people off. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 2:48 PM, Alex V said:

So why overcharge for the last several years? Murf hasn't gotten anything done yet?

I get your point all I'm saying is I don't feel sorry for RTSP. Insurance will cover it and they will continue to rip people off. 

If you have a better business plan, have the guts to put your house your life savings and risk all you have to open a very very expensive business to operate, well have at it. Till then, keep your unfriendly comments about this tragedy to yourself. It is unfair and frankly classless. You have a suggestion to better our pricing? I am at the range most days 8-4 I am all ears. 

• Like 12

Wrong Time, Wrong Place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, RTSP1 said:

If you have a better business plan, have the guts to put your house your life savings and risk all you have to open a very very expensive business to operate, well have at it. Till then, keep your unfriendly comments about this tragedy to yourself. It is unfair and frankly classless. You have a suggestion to better our pricing? I am at the range most days 8-4 I am all ears. 

If everyone kept their opinions to themselves, we would not have this, or any other forum.  :think: Tragedy? Really?  Come off it.  If someone got hurt during the burglary, then yes, a tragedy.  A bunch of insured inanimate objects being stolen is not a tragedy.  When those people offed themselves at your range, that is a tragedy.  Eleven guns being taken, some broken glass and a check from the insurance company, again, not a tragedy. 

I get it, your business model works, thanks to the ignorance of the average NJ gun buyer.  

Better pricing?  You are consistently more expensive than other NJ brick and mortar stores, we wont even mention online pricing. Even if I pay to be a member, the discount still leaves most firearms more expensive than competitors.  

$125 so that I can prove to you I know how to draw from a holster?  After dozens and dozens of classes where I draw from a holster hundreds of times a day?  Really?  Something your range masters can check in 2 minutes. $125?  Sure, if someone has never done it, why not, but why not just have the RSO check to see first.  No?  $125 only?  Okaaaaay.  :huh:

Hey, if it works, keep going.  I've been to your range several times, it's very nice, no doubt.  The store is just a rip off.  I am entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not.  

• Like 1

Historically sales of firearms = low profit  margins, then with high overhead, state regulations and / or mortgages what do you expect. Can't keep the doors open and not make money.....not defending, just sayin'.....it's another reason why I don't  shoot at  indoor ranges $$$$ it's become way too expensive especially if you have to  buy their ammo too.

is this all RTSP does when they post on here, be defensive? 

12 minutes ago, Alex V said:

If everyone kept their opinions to themselves, we would not have this, or any other forum.  :think: Tragedy? Really?  Come off it.  If someone got hurt during the burglary, then yes, a tragedy.  A bunch of insured inanimate objects being stolen is not a tragedy.  When those people offed themselves at your range, that is a tragedy.  Eleven guns being taken, some broken glass and a check from the insurance company, again, not a tragedy. 

I get it, your business model works, thanks to the ignorance of the average NJ gun buyer.  

Better pricing?  You are consistently more expensive than other NJ brick and mortar stores, we wont even mention online pricing. Even if I pay to be a member, the discount still leaves most firearms more expensive than competitors.  

$125 so that I can prove to you I know how to draw from a holster?  After dozens and dozens of classes where I draw from a holster hundreds of times a day?  Really?  Something your range masters can check in 2 minutes. $125?  Sure, if someone has never done it, why not, but why not just have the RSO check to see first.  No?  $125 only?  Okaaaaay.  :huh:

Hey, if it works, keep going.  I've been to your range several times, it's very nice, no doubt.  The store is just a rip off.  I am entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not.  

Is this all RTSP staff does when they post here, get defensive?

I bought my first rifle from RTSP, lesson learned was buying from a Range is much like buying a set of skis or snowboard at a mountain. Good group of guys over at RTSP but I have to agree the prices are a bit much. 

2 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

Is this all RTSP staff does when they post here, get defensive?

I bought my first rifle from RTSP, lesson learned was buying from a Range is much like buying a set of skis or snowboard at a mountain. Good group of guys over at RTSP but I have to agree the prices are a bit much. 

I get the defensiveness.  If someone criticizes you, it's natural to get defensive.  The key is that if you receive criticism, to evaluate it and become better.  That is where RTSP falls short.  No one ever said the people there are not good people, but yeah, the pricing?  Not so much.

4 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Historically sales of firearms = low profit  margins, then with high overhead, state regulations and / or mortgages what do you expect. Can't keep the doors open and not make money.....not defending, just sayin'.....it's another reason why I don't  shoot at  indoor ranges $$$$ it's become way too expensive especially if you have to  buy their ammo too.

I get that, but other brick and mortar NJ gun stores charge less.  Sometimes significantly less.  A friend of mine became a member, he wanted a new gun.  The price with his discount was still so much more than another store in NJ that he just went to the other store.  What's the point of the membership then?

Shooting at indoor ranges doesn't have to be expensive.  There are ranges that are $15 per port per hour, not per person per hour.  Are they are state of the art?  No, but it's a range.  All I need is a target holder and a back stop.  I don't need anything fancy to get my practice in.  

1 minute ago, xXxplosive said:

Practice what punching holes in paper....you can't do anything else there.....I dunno.

Agreed.  no movement allowed, but I can draw from a holster and practice fundamentals. Even rake a LAV advanced handgun class?  lol  not much movement A LOT of fundamentals. 

32 minutes ago, Alex V said:

Sure you are entitled to an educated opinion, but as well am I.  For you to say this is just inanimate objects, well that is just shallow.  I spend over 50 hours a week in this building, my young children come here, it is like a second home to me and my partners. We were the first gun range in NJ in over 30 years. It is truly our home away from home, and thusly we cherish it as such.  If you have any idea of the disgust that is felt when someone burglarizes what you feel is a save haven, well then maybe you would understand that it is NOT just insured STUFF.  Having been a cop and having witnessed the pain of victimization through many years has more than hardened me to such things, but do not take it upon yourself to trivialize our situation.

• Like 1

Sure you are entitled to an educated opinion, but as well am I.  For you to say this is just inanimate objects, well that is just shallow.  I spend over 50 hours a week in this building, my young children come here, it is like a second home to me and my partners. We were the first gun range in NJ in over 30 years. It is truly our home away from home, and thusly we cherish it as such.  If you have any idea of the disgust that is felt when someone burglarizes what you feel is a save haven, well then maybe you would understand that it is NOT just insured STUFF.  Having been a cop and having witnessed the pain of victimization through many years has more than hardened me to such things, but do not take it upon yourself to trivialize our situation.

Pete if it makes you feel better I sjw’d up and defended you guys when the daily record slandered you, one of my best trolls ever (I blacked out my name)

1f6fd6697b00e4b3a41c0e0b904bdb8c.jpg

I’m coming by this afternoon to zero in my new scope, love to chat if you have time!

My only complaint I have is something that happened years ago and if you want to discuss it, let’s take it to PM

41 minutes ago, Alex V said:

As far as our pricing! Well I have said it before on this forum and it is no big secret.  I get a firearm from a distributor at X price, we mark it up 20%.  Members get 5% off of that price and employees get 10%.  So using that model lets play math teacher.  We buy a gun for $200.00, mark it up 20%, thats is $240.00. Member price is $228.00, Employees price is $$216.00. So on my outlay of $200.00 best case we get $40.00 worst case we get $16.00.  Ammunition= Yes high for nonmembers, but average for members. making $7.00 on a box of nine or making $17.00 on non-members.  Range time is average across the board.

1 minute ago, RTSP1 said:

I get it, but it is not your home.  If someone burglarized your home and stole your wife's engagement ring or your child's favorite stuffed animal, I get it. Those are things that insurance money will never replace.  I also get the anger you feel having someone violate your place of business.  Having said that, to proclaim it as a tragedy is a bit over the top.  They are, in fact, inanimate objects.  Guns on display in your store, not family heirlooms in your bedroom.  You will itemize your looses and insurance will pay out.  It's nothing that can't be replaced.  It's not a tragedy.  

Again, you did build an awesome range, no doubt, I just feel your rip people off with your prices.  Judging by people liking my original response, I am not the only one who feels that way. I wanted to buy the Hudson H9 you have, but $1,250?  Yeah no. $1100 for an M9A3 that can be had online for $878 and free shipping... no again.