Bully

RTSP Robbery?

IMO.....ya got to wonder if your a business owner selling high intensity products .....what the hell kind of security do we have if 2 BG's can be in and out with our guns in under 2 minutes.....that's the question .....may as well as left the doors unlocked...definitely beats Guy's Shopping Show on the Food Channel.

Someone with the right tools and knowledge can be in and out before the police show up no matter what security you have. Thermite, Plasma Cutter, Sledgehammers, Bolt Cutters, Diamond Grinder, cellular rf jammer. How well does an alarm system work if signal is jammed and power is cut? Everyone thinks they are safe with cameras but cameras won't work if wireless signal is jammed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Someone with the right tools and knowledge can be in and out before the police show up no matter what security you have. Thermite, Plasma Cutter, Sledgehammers, Bolt Cutters, Diamond Grinder, cellular rf jammer. How well does an alarm system work if signal is jammed and power is cut? Everyone thinks they are safe with cameras but cameras won't work if wireless signal is jammed.  

Good alarm systems have wired sensors and cameras with tamper alarms. They typically are dual mode communication using landline or internet along with cellular. They also have battery backup so the odds of getting past it are very slim. The only real weakness is in how long it takes police to show up.

the guys who did it I bet had been in RTSP many times before that scoping the place out. 

Something to think about - most of us lock up our guns, or have some kind of secure storage for them when they are not in use.This is good.

Now - who here locks up their angle grinders, power drills, and assorted power tools?

Your guns are secure, but every tool a burglar needs to get into your safe is laying about in the garage/shed/basement for their use.

They don’t need to bring anything - All they need is time.

Now, I’m not staying this is what happened at RTSP. Just something to think about when developing your security  plan.

• Like 1

Something to think about - most of us lock up our guns, or have some kind of secure storage for them when they are not in use.This is good.
Now - who here locks up their angle grinders, power drills, and assorted power tools?
Your guns are secure, but every tool a burglar needs to get into your safe is laying about in the garage/shed/basement for their use.
They don’t need to bring anything - All they need is time.
Now, I’m not staying this is what happened at RTSP. Just something to think about when developing your security  plan.

Yep. People are their own worse enemy too at times. I’ve worked with high tech security systems for over 2 decades. You’d be surprised how many times I’ve seen invited. I also investigated a lit of B&Es over time.

Here is one for you. How many home owners go through a lot of trouble to put their safes on the 2nd floors. Only to leave a loose extension ladder outside their homes.
Time is everything. Best you can hope for is they have many obstacles to over come and hopefully the pd does not have another priority call the supersedes yours. Layers of protection is everything.

There were many burglaries I’ve investigated where they were smart enough to not trip anything. I can recall a jewelry store owner opened up to find his safe was cracked.
He had no interior protection. Just typical perimeter stuff. They cut a hole in the roof, lowered down right over the safe, drilled it and made off with a lot of jewelry. The scene was right out of a movie.

Quite often they are inside jobs but it doesn’t mean it was an employee themselves. They just share vital information and let others do the hands on.. If they knew how to get to it, again. All they need is good intel and time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing a cool head, a Louisville slugger, and a trashcan lid can’t handle.

Or even some patience and a room to corral the dog into.

CO2 extinguisher works well too.

I have seen plenty of big dogs taken out of the “home security” equation by both violent and non-violent means.

Dogs are great when you are home to back them up. As a stand-alone security measure, they can be lacking if your burglar has some experience and is prepared.

• Like 4

what's bothersome to me is that as of late....there's been a grey dodge charger observed multiple times driving slow on my block. no one near here owns one of those....and the road i'm on is temporarily blocked off at one end, making it essentially a deadend street. no reason for it it was also reported that they sped off when they saw someone eyeballing them.......i'm trying to figure a way to get the tag to turn it over to local pd

The business and homeowner can only protect their property to a certain degree and to the point where it becomes impracticable, beyond that it IS the responsibility of the government to ensure that criminals are incarcerated and KEPT incarcerated so as to not become a " repeat offender"  , when captured we will learn that these shit'ums are veterans of the NJ criminal justice system and perhaps even family members of elected officials. ( Bonnie can you hear me ) or judges from Essex County, dont' laugh.

NJ's revolving door justice system for seasoned criminals needs to be addressed but with our current, past, and future leadership we will not see it in our lifetime.  

• Like 4

Good alarm systems have wired sensors and cameras with tamper alarms. They typically are dual mode communication using landline or internet along with cellular. They also have battery backup so the odds of getting past it are very slim. The only real weakness is in how long it takes police to show up.

If communication lines are cut and cell phone signal jammed how exactly is the battery backup working

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, revenger said:

The business and homeowner can only protect their property to a certain degree and to the point where it becomes impracticable, beyond that it IS the responsibility of the government to ensure that criminals are incarcerated and KEPT incarcerated so as to not become a " repeat offender"  , when captured we will learn that these shit'ums are veterans of the NJ criminal justice system and perhaps even family members of elected officials. ( Bonnie can you hear me ) or judges from Essex County, dont' laugh.

NJ's revolving door justice system for seasoned criminals needs to be addressed but with our current, past, and future leadership we will not see it in our lifetime.  

Spot-on! I've seen too many crime studies from credible sources that ALL show remarkably similar results - anywhere from 70-90 percent of people convicted of a crime with a gun were ALREADY ex-felons when they committed the crime, and fully half were still on parole from that last crime. The truth is obvious - we don't have a gun problem, we have a problem with a small number of "career criminals"... made worse by a broken "revolving door" criminal justice system. It ticks me off that this information isn't being better promoted.

25 minutes ago, capt14k said:

If communication lines are cut and cell phone signal jammed how exactly is the battery backup working

Well you can never stop everything, but if you have multiple communications methods they would have to cut them all at the same time.  Yes anything one man can create another can get around or destroy with enough work.

• Like 1

Well you can never stop everything, but if you have multiple communications methods they would have to cut them all at the same time.  Yes anything one man can create another can get around or destroy with enough work.

Let's face it at best most security is to keep honest people out, lazy or not too bright criminals out, and to make the owner feel good. If professional thieves wanted something no matter what one does they are going to get it and likely get away with it. Luckily most thieves are not pros.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Food will not deter him...Schutzhund Training.....You might get in but you won't get out.

My kind of dog!!! Anyone that has been to my house knows. I tell them keep your hands in your pockets and don't make eye contact with the dog!

• Like 1

My little brother lived in Germany for 13 years and became a pretty respected shutzhund trainer. He is now a K9 officer living in Missouri and runs a little dog training business for Belgian Malligators on the side. Here he is with his K9 Dax:

Y2xsJNZ.jpg

There is a world of difference between a family pet trained for a sport, which is what a shutzhund dog is, and a true protection/working dog.

Food may not deter your pet, but if I’m determined, prepared, and not afraid to hurt your dog, I’ll get in and out with little issue.

All your security measures do - alarm, home hardening, dogs, guards, whatever - is cost a bad guy time. Nothing will prevent a theft 100%.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

My little brother lived in Germany for 13 years and became a pretty respected shutzhund trainer. He is now a K9 officer living in Missouri and runs a little dog training business for Belgian Malligators on the side. Here he is with his K9 Dax:

Y2xsJNZ.jpg

There is a world of difference between a family pet trained for a sport, which is what a shutzhund dog is, and a true protection/working dog.

Food may not deter your pet, but if I’m determined, prepared, and not afraid to hurt your dog, I’ll get in and out with little issue.

All your security measures do - alarm, home hardening, dogs, guards, whatever - is cost a bad guy time. Nothing will prevent a theft 100%.

Purdy mouf

Just now, High Exposure said:

Pretty sure a Claymore will stop a burglary.  :D

Instead of a siren when the alarm trips, I could record a track in Dolby 5.1 that would have the intruder thinking the entire freaking USMC was coming for them.  Protecting a home or business is as much a head game as it is hardware.

• Like 2

Pretty sure a Claymore will stop a burglary.  [emoji3]
Instead of a siren when the alarm trips, I could record a track in Dolby 5.1 that would have the intruder thinking the entire freaking USMC was coming for them.  Protecting a home or business is as much a head game as it is hardware.
Bobby Traps probably work best. There was a guy on gunboards who basically made bouncing betties leading to and even in his gun room. Also had things electrified. Definitely would result in lawsuit and possible arrest in NJ but this was in the Kentucky Hills IIRC.

Mals are great dogs but on the lighter side for portability 60lbs. male and high energy......but when the chips are down and brute force is required they go with the GSD as they did in Pakastan / OBL. This is our 8th GSD and the German Bred puts the American Bred dogs to shame in all aspects.....different animal entirely.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Y2xsJNZ.jpg

I see a cavity on canine #4!