Bully

RTSP Robbery?

19 hours ago, High Exposure said:

That is disconcerting. I would at least let your local PD know about it. If you see it, call it in - even if you can’t get the plate.

i haven't made the call only 'cause i haven't personally seen the vehicle. first time was reported around 3-330pm......the other night was reported around 12-1230am.

17 hours ago, High Exposure said:

My little brother lived in Germany for 13 years and became a pretty respected shutzhund trainer. He is now a K9 officer living in Missouri and runs a little dog training business for Belgian Malligators on the side. Here he is with his K9 Dax:

Y2xsJNZ.jpg

There is a world of difference between a family pet trained for a sport, which is what a shutzhund dog is, and a true protection/working dog.

Food may not deter your pet, but if I’m determined, prepared, and not afraid to hurt your dog, I’ll get in and out with little issue.

All your security measures do - alarm, home hardening, dogs, guards, whatever - is cost a bad guy time. Nothing will prevent a theft 100%.

this is all most of us want i think. ones goal should be just to make their place(be it business or home) look less appetizing than the next persons. that's really the best we can do. if my place looks hard as hell......and my neighbors doesn't......where's the bad guy gonna go?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

this is all most of us want i think. ones goal should be just to make their place(be it business or home) look less appetizing than the next persons. that's really the best we can do. if my place looks hard as hell......and my neighbors doesn't......where's the bad guy gonna go?

I worked for my father in jersey city for one year, there was a guard dog co. that would put a dog in your business after you closed and remove it before you opened, we worked on an elevator in this one store that had Doberman pincher guard dog and was kept in a cage on the 3rd floor that son bitch would eat you for breakfast. I was afraid of that dog and it was in a cage and I was not even close to it.

just wore a bit jacket for the 1st time yesterday during training.  when u see an 85lb GSD come charging at you, I almost shit myself.  when he jumped/bit, he hit the right bicep, so it was a relief.  end result = almost had to change my drawers!  what an adrenaline rush for both of us!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

just wore a bit jacket for the 1st time yesterday during training.  when u see an 85lb GSD come charging at you, I almost shit myself.  when he jumped/bit, he hit the right bicep, so it was a relief.  end result = almost had to change my drawers!  what an adrenaline rush for both of us!

Fun isn’t it! I’ve decoyed for my brother before. 

That being said, if you didn’t care about hurting the dog and came prepared - bat, gun, taser, fire extinguisher - could you have put that dog down?

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

my place looks hard as hell......and my neighbors doesn't......where's the bad guy gonna go?

Depends. What does the bad guy want? Does he want you have more than he wants what your neighbor has?

It is all about preparation.

Burglars are getting more and more sophisticated and ballsy. They are casing houses, gathering intel. They are patient and prepared. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

You should see what it's like when your not wearing a bite sleeve and only armed with a catch pole, and pepper spray. Talk about an adrenaline rush! 

But yeah I've also helped several dog trainers and it's down right scary the first couple times

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

That being said, if you didn’t care about hurting the dog and came prepared - bat, gun, taser, fire extinguisher - could you have put that dog down?

Depends. What does the bad guy want? Does he want you have more than he wants what your neighbor has?

It is all about preparation.

Burglars are getting more and more sophisticated and ballsy. They are casing houses, gathering intel. They are patient and prepared. 

yea they are. such as that charger i've mentioned casing ours. there's really nothing external to say that there's anything good in my house. when i buy something expensive, i never throw the packaging out in my trash at home. i bring it to work, and put it in the dumpster. i do the best i can to make the bad guy want someone els's stuff more than mine.......and then just hope for the best.

14 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

depends, if it was unexpected, hell no!  I froze and my heart dropped when that dog was full stride.  I was left speechless and clinching my cheeks waiting for him to bite.  

If I knew there was a dog there, pistol would be in my hand and ready.  otherwise, im dinner (or lunch).

Just now, Ray Ray said:

Nope.  That's weakness, selfessness, stupidity and shameful.

Sorry man, I'll just have to go ahead and disagree with you there.  Any time someone snuffs their own candle, it's tragic.  It may be selfish and they may be weak, but it's still tragic regardless of where it happens.

• Like 3

Tragic for the family, yes.  My old boss offed himself.  Total asshole.  Did it in his parents attic while they watched TV.  He had two kids in grammer school, and they lived next door.  

Why?

Divorce coming

Way to go, asshole.

16 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Wrong thread.....no.....this is B&E not suicide.

True

Caso's was robbed in Jersey City some time ago.   Dude walked in with a gun, smashed the counter and bounced with a bag of guns.  Shit happens.  Nobody got hurt, except the perp.  Bled out everywhere.   Caught the guy THAT DAY with most of the guns he stole.  I say most because Jersey City police couldnt find them all, lol.