Bully

RTSP Robbery?

1 hour ago, Purple Patrick said:

This thread sucks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

biggest truth in this thread, I live a couple hrs away from RTSP so they will never be my home range but i've been there a few times shooting and purchasing.  Peter is a great guy with an excellent business, i remember we had a small forum outing there about a year ago felt like a real VIP shooting there.  Afterwards was given a 90min tour him Peter showing us the entire facility inside and out (he took us up on the roof lol) made me wish I lived closer to come back more often.  RTSP keep doing what you are doing the haters can eat shit.

• Like 4

I have to agree that Peter, Rick, and Brad are good guys who have built a terrific business. I was a charter member there when they first opened, and only let my membership lapse when I had options a lot closer to home. I still get out there from time to time for training and such.  (I would recommend their handgun drills sessions on Tuesday nights and Friday mornings.)

Other range owners and training groups get accused of being "expensive."  One of the nice things about America is that there are different price points for various tastes and budgets. Same is true of gyms, which can range from $10 a month up to $100 a month. 

If a company is staying in business and keeping busy, then by default, their price point is OK. People are free to go there or not. What a great country!

• Like 2

Seems wrong place wrong time fell on deaf ears. I am glad the owner defended himself and made adjustments that HE saw as necessary and positive. The whole calling a place a ripoff because of what their prices are is ridiculous. You don't like it don't buy it. I don't buy shiny new firearms, but if I did I am going to take a few things into consideration. One of which in this State is compliance work. I've seen some expensive rifles listed for sale on this forum with absolutely horrendous work done to them.

For instance if you buy a SCAR-17 for $3,000 and pay $20 to have a brake welded on and it looks like crap vs paying $3,300 for the same SCAR-17 and $100 to have the brake welded but it looks like it came out of the factory which is the better deal?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RTSP is operating a shooting range and firearm RETAIL  store in one of the most hostile states in the nation towards guns, rights, freedom, prosperity, liberty and the pursuit of happiness bar none.    ANY firearm RETAIL store operating within the borders of NJ is already starting off on the lower pan on the scale of equality and deserve every NJ gun owners respect regardless of what people feel they charge for their merchandise.   The services and opportunity they provide to the NJ gun owner and shooter should not be taken for granted by anyone and that is true for any individual who CHOOSES to open a firearm related business in NJ.

The overhead at a gun range must be astronomical in this state and that comes with a cost to all of us who shoot within this state.  I have been shoping for my next purchase a S&W revolver and have researched 4 different NJ retailers and they all fall within about 10 dollars,  We can all buy our pistols from tanners for 50 bucks less and than pay all the transfer fees to bring them right back up.   If anyone thinks its expensive now wait until we get every bad law across the nation rolled into one and forced on us by the fifth columnists in trenton.

I wish nothing but the best to any NJ citizen who chooses to open a firearm related business to serve the gun owners and shooters of NJ as the more people we can get interested in and understand the politics of guns the better off we all will be.

I hope RTSP can continue to expand their operation and prosper as that would mean our hobby, rights and freedoms are expanding.     

• Like 5

1. Randolph taxes are high, and it's an expensive area to operate a business. If you want to go shoot in Belleville to save $5 bucks an hour go right ahead. I'd rather not worry about my car not being there when I walk out. 

2. They don't force you to buy their ammo. 

I need some range therapy, so I'll be heading to RTSP on Monday. 

10 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

jeeezus!! dude's got a small markup, and you're droppin on him like this?? how the hell does he even keep the doors opened with such small markups?? i can't imagine that rent(or mortgage) is cheap up that way. or insurance.

If you want to get pissed off at costs, look at Credit Card companies.

They make as much as 4% on a sale, with no risk, and no investment in inventory.

The state helps themselves to a 6% profit, with no investment in the business.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fred2 said:

They make as much as 4% on a sale, with no risk, and no investment in inventory.

don't even get me started on those mf'ers. i used to pay less than 3% overall. now? i'm coming up on 4% and shopping for a new processing provider..........i feel like i'm getting butt-raped every time i see what they're charging me. for awhile, i had a good run on getting paid by check or cash.....but too many people have been bouncing checks lately.....

To be fair cc companies bear the burden when it comes to fraud. So while swipe fees might seem high, it’s really because of aholes that have robbed people blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

don't even get me started on those mf'ers. i used to pay less than 3% overall. now? i'm coming up on 4% and shopping for a new processing provider..........i feel like i'm getting butt-raped every time i see what they're charging me. for awhile, i had a good run on getting paid by check or cash.....but too many people have been bouncing checks lately.....

Venmo.  Not sure what your business is, but have you thought of trying to get people to use it?  And I hear ya on the CC thing.  Luckily for what I do, I haven't had need for CC processing.

35 minutes ago, mikeyjones said:

To be fair cc companies bear the burden when it comes to fraud. So while swipe fees might seem high, it’s really because of aholes that have robbed people blind.

Except CC companies don't aggressively go after fraud. I know... they've run the numbers and it costs less to just write off fraud below a certain value than it is to pursue the criminal actors, but those numbers effect us.  And the whole chip thing is a fucking joke.

Except CC companies don't aggressively go after fraud. I know... they've run the numbers and it costs less to just write off fraud below a certain value than it is to pursue the criminal actors, but those numbers effect us.  And the whole chip thing is a fucking joke.

Or better yet, cryptocurrency. Fees are de minimus and transactions are instant. (Not talking about BTC).

58 minutes ago, mikeyjones said:

Credit card companies have next to ZERO risk.

There are a million different things that the merchant agrees to check, and if the company misses one, they get to eat the charge back.

I do mostly internet and telephone order, and it is years between losses, and have never had the credit card companies absorb a loss. And even given this level of risk, they get 3-4% of the gross amount.

Question: If I block a blabber mouth will it block the entire thread the blabber mouth is on?  Or just said blabber mouth?

Just the person you block. This thread reminded me I have 3 people blocked on this site. Yet only 2 on gunboards and zero anywhere else.

I can't grasp why someone would be so butthurt over a stores pricing or even worse why they would attack in the disguise of an opinion after RTSP just got robbed. Poor taste, timing and pointless. I think Cabelas and a bunch of other stores sale prices are still higher than retail but rather than talk smack I simply take my business elsewhere.

• Like 1

While I hope those thieves get their balls cut off somehow maybe they just didn't want to fill out any paperwork for a pistol. :)

And I did hear from a reliable source they did take a Hudson H9, the exact model I'm looking for. Thieves meet me down in Mexico, make a good deal.

21 hours ago, Zeke said:

Any word on suspects? Has any of the property been recovered?

I figure it will take a little while.  There's probably Feds involved which will make it a little harder for the locals to slap the shit out of the insider to get more. I also guess these shit bags jumped on Rt.80 and tore off for the Poconos.  If so then there's coordination between state and locals for follow through.  I feel confident they'll get them.  The property might take longer.

I hope when these creeps are found they get everything possible thrown at them and it sticks.  No bargains, no time served.   Poster children for what can happen.  I fear this and cases like it will only go to serve Gov. BeaverFace.  But if followed and promoted properly it could show how these dirt bags don't get what they deserve and we pay the price.

Of course I take it all back if the scummers were illegal aliens.  After all they walk on water and deserve a few stolen guns.  They've had it tough after all. 

Pete should install automatic Miniguns with heat seaking sensors that come down from the ceiling when the alarm sounds. Program it to 1 minute before firing, I'm a automation guy, we can make it happen ;)

On 2/2/2018 at 8:06 PM, capt14k said:

Seems wrong place wrong time fell on deaf ears. I am glad the owner defended himself and made adjustments that HE saw as necessary and positive. The whole calling a place a ripoff because of what their prices are is ridiculous. You don't like it don't buy it. I don't buy shiny new firearms, but if I did I am going to take a few things into consideration. One of which in this State is compliance work. I've seen some expensive rifles listed for sale on this forum with absolutely horrendous work done to them.

For instance if you buy a SCAR-17 for $3,000 and pay $20 to have a brake welded on and it looks like crap vs paying $3,300 for the same SCAR-17 and $100 to have the brake welded but it looks like it came out of the factory which is the better deal?

Everything about this post, love it. I had a very hard time selling my last AR because of a crappy weld on the brake. Despite the rifle being in excellent shape otherwise anyone who wanted to buy it didn't want anything to do with this. Ironically, it was done by RTSP but I brought this to Pete's attention, he was aware of questionable gunsmith work done around the time that I bought that gun and they've since gotten better with it and he made it up to me in other ways.

That also being said places like RTSP, GFH, TTC, ShoreShot, LongShot are public ranges that you're gonna pay to play, if you go there frequently and want to save money, get a membership. Their memberships are also higher than some members only clubs but that also comes with meeting their overhead to ensure they have a safe public range. I love that RTSP, GFH and TTC all constantly make efforts to have public events to educate more people on guns in this state, hopefully they get something positive from it.

IMO.....ya got to wonder if your a business owner selling high intensity products .....what the hell kind of security do we have if 2 BG's can be in and out with our guns in under 2 minutes.....that's the question .....may as well have left the doors unlocked...definitely beats Guy's Shopping Show on the Food Channel.