John Boy

S548 Strengthens State’s assault weapons ban.

5 minutes ago, falcone said:

How are states able to change definitions and ban this and that with semi auto rifles if the Supreme Court has said you can’t ban what’s in common use? Correct me if I’m wrong 

That's what lawsuits are for.  The state legislature can pass anything they want. 

They have gotten away with this for now because 1, when it was passed the AR was not that common and Heller was not case law; and 2 we can still possess AR platform rifles as long as they do not have certain features.

It's a weird catch 22.  The features do not make the rifle common (because it's a platform that can have many different configurations) but they do make it illegal in NJ.

Chris1 that's what I had to do. I had a M-1 carbine that my father in law gave me after carrying it through the Korean war. I sold it to a guy from Jersey who was moving to Pa. $125. take it or leave it. What was the choice? 10 years in a beautiful new Jersey prison?