MrSurfboard

It’s back!! 5 round limit again

2 dopey women wasting the taxpayers time and money, both dummies that couldnt find their ass with both hands

Assemblywoman MILA M. JASEY
District 27 (Essex and Morris)
Assemblywoman ANNETTE QUIJANO
District 20 (Union

Time to start voting Republican to get rid of asshole Democrats

You poor bastards stuck behind enemy lines have a whole lot to start worrying about.

From your new fearless and brainless leader.

To my partners in the legislature: I ask you to send me the bills, among others, to reaffirm our support for women's health and Planned Parenthood; to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour; to promote equal pay for women; to give every worker the peace of mind of earned sick leave; to tear down barriers to voting; and, to strengthen our gun laws. And, I promise you now that they will be met with a signing ceremony instead of a veto pen.

Specifically, as governor Phil Murphy will: 
• Sign commonsense legislation that Christie vetoed: Phil Murphy would start by signing every piece of gun violence prevention legislation that Governor Christie has vetoed. These bills would have enacted bipartisan and sensible solutions, such as keeping guns out of the hands of gang members and domestic abusers. 
• Mandate gun safety training: No one should be able to purchase a firearm without first attending a gun safety training course. 
• Promote smart gun technology: We must regain our position as a leader in the smart gun movement by requiring all gun retailers to carry at least one smart gun once they are commercially available. 
• Keep guns out of the hands of those suffering with mental illness: New Jersey already requires background checks, but it should follow the lead of nearly half the states in the U.S. and require timely reporting of mental illness episodes to the national background check database. 
• Tax gun sales to prevent violence: All gun sales should be subject to a tax that will fund law enforcement, drug treatment centers, and mental health services. 
• Strengthen regulations on gun transfers: Phil Murphy would make it a crime to sell guns without conducting a mandatory background check, and would require individuals to register their firearms kept in the state. 
Work with neighboring states to promote gun violence prevention: An estimated 80 percent of guns involved in crimes in New Jersey come from out of state. As governor, Phil Murphy will engage partners in neighboring states to find common ground on gun violence prevention efforts. 
• Direct the Attorney General to vigorously defend our gun laws: Governor Christie has allowed the Attorney General’s office to relax enforcement of our gun safety laws, including laws that prohibit illegally transporting guns into New Jersey from out of state. As governor, Phil Murphy would direct the Attorney General to vigorously defend and enforce our gun laws, rather than to act as an agent of the NRA.

Murphy can piss up a rope if he thinks he is going to start getting PA's laws changed just because who he thinks he is. We have our own Anti gun Gov and AG who   haven't been able to do a god damn thing without getting slapped down over it. 

Good luck on trying to amend the PA state Constitution, and god be with the good people of NJ who didn't ask for this or deserve it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bt Doctur said:
Assemblywoman MILA M. JASEY
District 27 (Essex and Morris)

Time to start voting Republican to get rid of asshole Democrats

This one is in my district - believe me, I tried.  Every two years for that matter.  She hasn't worked a day in the private sector in her life, according to her bio.

The sad thing is that I experienced first-hand the mentality of the majority of her/my fellow constituents this past Election Day.  Good ol' Dick Codey was outside the train station that morning, along with two other underlings, pushing the "Don't forget to vote [Democrat] today!" nonsense - with some reference to "blue" in the follow-up.  Some woman fell for it, and says, "Oh of COURSE NOT!  Ya know, we gotta stop this REGIIIIIME!!!"

So my brain starts processing what came from this woman's mouth:

1) "REGIIIIME!!" -- surely she doesn't mean the Democrat stronghold on the Legislature for the past 25+ years.....

2) You're a mindless idiot who believes everything you see on television

3) If the final election was God (R) vs. Satan (D), she'd take the latter... simply because of the "D"

4) Go back to #2

5) Put down your damn iPhone and/or Facebook and pay some *real* attention to what's been going on in the district (as well as the state) to make more informed decisions

6) Go back to #2

I've wanted her out ever since she co-sponsored the bill to ban internet ammo sales back in 2013, both her and her running-mate (our town's former mayor).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Upfitter21 said:

Time to get a Florida ID so I can start buying guns down here.  At this point I'm just gonna keep my AR down here in my apartment too since it seems like despite being NJ legal, that's gonna get changed soon too.

I have a feeling all currently NJ legal rifles will be illegal by years end. 

On 1/17/2018 at 7:53 PM, NJBeretta said:

3) If the final election was God (R) vs. Satan (D), she'd take the latter... simply because of the "D"

I love that one Bob!

Towards that end I think they should not allow R or D or any other party affiliation actually be printed on the ballots.  They should only have the people's names.  At least that way voters would actually have to know something about the candidates, or at a minimum take two minutes and write themselves up a cheat sheet to take with them into the voting booth.

6 hours ago, W2MC said:

That 5-round bill is a ruse.  It will be waved-around; saying "see-it could be worse!" ...as they jam the 10-round bill down our throats.

and our 2a orgs will do the same saying how they need more money from us 'cause they bargained more of our stuff away.

16 hours ago, Upfitter21 said:

Time to get a Florida ID so I can start buying guns down here.  At this point I'm just gonna keep my AR down here in my apartment too since it seems like despite being NJ legal, that's gonna get changed soon too.

You don’t need an FL DL as proof of residence to buy guns.  When I first finished my house I was buying guns, legally, on my NJ DL.

I can understand anything over 30 rounds as "high capacity" but 30 rounds is standard. I don't see what their issue is here. When I was in afghanistan we tested Magpul's 60 round drums for the M27IAR and a few other extended mags as well. They're heavy and a pain in the ass to carry multiples of.

If I had to guess, speed reload devices like the Magpul Maglink are probably illegal in New Jersey, right?

52 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

I can understand anything over 30 rounds as "high capacity" but 30 rounds is standard. I don't see what their issue is here. When I was in afghanistan we tested Magpul's 60 round drums for the M27IAR and a few other extended mags as well. They're heavy and a pain in the ass to carry multiples of.

If I had to guess, speed reload devices like the Magpul Maglink are probably illegal in New Jersey, right?

30 round capacity might be "standard," but I wouldn't want that as the "max" limit either.... There are all those 50rnd mags and 100 rnd drum mags for NFA weapons to consider...  :D

• Like 1

true, but I know from experience in the military, carrying around a Carbine with larger than 30 round mags really takes away the portability. If you're familiar with the M27IAR, it's a Marine Corps unique weapon the same size as an M4, but with the firing rate of a M249 SAW. Reason they brought it to life was to be able to have machine gun firepower in close quarter combat situations because even though the SAW can be portable, it's cumbersome especially with a 200 round Drum.

The problem with the M27 was it was only magazine fed and you're changing mags everytime you squeeze the trigger. When I was in Afghanistan we were given many different products from Surefire & magpul to try. Magpul's options were the 60 and 100 round drum mags (100 round drums never made it to production) along with 50 round P-mags. the 60 round drums would empty just as fast as you would a 30 with the firing rate of the M27, maybe a second or 2 more, 100 round mag would dump pretty fast as well but ultimate the bigger issue with both of them was carrying multiple of them on you at a time. Too heavy and bulky to put multiple of them in a pouch on your plate carrier. Surefire came out with 100 round mags which were a little better but their issue was how big they were and how much space they would take up on your plate carrier (almost the whole surface).

I'm not sure where the Marine Corps stance is on the M27 at this point, other than when they first came out, there hasn't been much about this rifle since 2011. I think for mounted foot patrols they're just sticking with M4's and M16's because 30 round magazines are relatively easy to carry multiples of and do reloads with and keeping the SAW and M240's as suppressive fire from afar.

Because we all know 10 round mags equals less dead bodies, duh.

9 hours ago, JR88USMC said:

So I should ditch my magpul drum?  To me that’s pretty standard.  Load once, go to range, empty, smile, go home and drink beer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

So I should ditch my magpul drum?  To me that’s pretty standard.  Load once, go to range, empty, smile, go home and drink beer. 

I don't know any real use for one of those in New Jersey because you would probably get a harsher punishment for having one here than you would for a kilo of coke. I suppose for going to the range for bench shooting or line shooting, they're fine for that purpose. However I wouldn't do anything tactical with one.

14 hours ago, JR88USMC said:

I don't know any real use for one of those in New Jersey because you would probably get a harsher punishment for having one here than you would for a kilo of coke. I suppose for going to the range for bench shooting or line shooting, they're fine for that purpose. However I wouldn't do anything tactical with one.

I bought one in FL, where i now keep all firearms, and it serves no purpose other than I can have one.  It’s like binging after dieting.  Couldn’t have more than 15, moved and said eff it I’m going for a 60.   I use it on my suppressed SBRs. 

• Like 1

I bought one in FL, where i now keep all firearms, and it serves no purpose mother than I can have one.  It’s like binging after dieting.  Couldn’t have more than 15, moved and said eff it I’m going for a 60.   I use it on my suppressed SBRs. 

Fair enough :lol: you can buy them right over the border in PA. There are many things I have that you can’t use here but I use all the time at EFGA. I do a majority of my shooting out of state anyways. I’ll either go to EFGA or drive up to my buddies property in Maine and we shoot. Any time I do shoot here in Jersey though, it’s all 15 round mags. Not like there are any real good places to shoot AR’s in NJ anyways.

Speaking of, does anyone know how to attach ranger plates to NJ compliant PMags? I can attach them to Hex Mags but they don’t lock in place since they use different shaped tabs. Would a FFL be able to attach them for me or is there a home remedy?

You know Maryland’s law is you can’t buy 30 round mags in state but you can use them if you buy elsewhere. Joke is on them because everyone in Maryland lives within an hour of a state you can buy 30 round mags in.

Would be happy if they change law to be like Marylands. They have yuppier swamp dweller libs right outside DC than we have.

23 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

Fair enough :lol: you can buy them right over the border in PA. There are many things I have that you can’t use here but I use all the time at EFGA. I do a majority of my shooting out of state anyways. I’ll either go to EFGA or drive up to my buddies property in Maine and we shoot. Any time I do shoot here in Jersey though, it’s all 15 round mags. Not like there are any real good places to shoot AR’s in NJ anyways.

For those not familiar with NJ law please remember that the law prohibits possession of a magazine capable of holding more than 15 rounds. That includes having one anywhere in NJ (home, storage unit, etc.), and not just while at the range.