DirtyDigz

NJ2AS claims "a seat at the table" on pending legislation

I am happy to see Alex in Trenton from day one and before fighting proactively instead of waiting for all the bad shit that we know is coming and then complaining about it! I continue to support NJ2AS because they are not afraid to fight in every way they can.

I love that they use hidden cameras and microphones and OUT those antis that so deserve to be outed! If you are not yet a member, please join up now! They are fighting for us and we need their help now more than ever!

This includes you Mrs. Peel!:)

• Like 2

I hope the above is true and not just self-aggrandizing.  I also hope they’re going in with a no-compromise approach from the get-go.    Hopefully they can change and refocus this energy to areas that would actually reduce CRIME and not just screw over people who legitimately following the laws. 

Hope, change.....hmmmmm

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I hope the above is true and not just self-aggrandizing.  I also hope they’re going in with a no-compromise approach from the get-go.    Hopefully they can change and refocus this energy to areas that would actually reduce CRIME and not just screw over people who legitimately following the laws. 

Hope, change.....hmmmmm

How about sending some of your change NJ2AS's way, $35 or more if you didn't already. 

Well... as long as you're all feeling so generous, let me share this urgent news blast (forgive the lack of video - I left my GoPro at the office):

I hereby claim my place as the newly appointed Empress of the World, ready to lead you to Salvation!

Now please open your wallets and give me your cash. (... is it working yet?) :D

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I hereby claim my place as the newly appointed Empress of the World, ready to lead you to Salvation!

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Well... as long as you're all feeling so generous, let me share this urgent news blast (forgive the lack of video - I left my GoPro at the office):

in that leather catsuit it just might, lolololol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, voyager9 said:

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

You can also call me the Lady of the Lake! Just don't doubt my powers...(as long as you fork over that cash, bub!) LMAO!

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Now I see the violence inherent in the system!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

80’ s Arthur bro.. get hip. Get hip quick 

10 minutes ago, mossburger said:

Good to hear, I wish them all the best. I would like to see some real results though, fingers crossed. 

Also, the fact that NJ2AS is at these meetings while the NRA and ANJRPC are not even updating their website? Shame, I will never contribute to either again. SHAME. 

In all seriousness, I wish all of these orgs luck... but as a communications professional, I can tell you that thinking "Self-Promotion = Achievement" is a YUGE mistake!

I have no favorite(s) selected yet - jury is still out for me. But, I can say that I've seen many smart, strategic organizations with appallingly bad, out-of-date, nearly defunct websites and nonexistent social media. At the other end, I've seen organizations that were a scattered mess but, to their credit, they were masters of self-promotion even though it was a charade. I personally intend to start hitting meetings of some of these orgs early this year --- because I personally think you really need to listen, ask questions and engage in a 2-way conversation and judge for yourself. You simply can't judge by their communications program.

Believe me, I get paid to promote individuals and organizations - I can write something up that makes a turd sound like a warm, delicious chocolate lava cake.... doesn't make it so! :unsure: That's probably why I'm so cynical. LOL.

Now please open your wallets and give me your cash. (... is it working yet?) [emoji3]

That video said a whole lot of nothing. Secret Legislators who are going to stop certain bills with their magical powers. Hopefully I am wrong, but until I hear names, what bills exactly, and how, I am leary of anything said.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I already have one of those. She hits me up every payday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

That video said a whole lot of nothing. Secret Legislators who are going to stop certain bills with their magical powers. Hopefully I am wrong, but until I hear names, what bills exactly, and how, I am leary of anything said.

Yeah, I agree. Actually, there's some benefit to NOT communicating about certain things - because it raises more questions than answers - or - it makes the stakeholders that you're dealing with nervous about your powers of discretion and they could pull away.

You just reminded me though... wasn't Roubian just a few months ago complaining to the press that ANJRPC was (gasp!) meeting "privately" with then-Lt. Governor Guadagno? He was ticked off as I recall like it was some horrific crime. Now he seems to be doing the exact same thing, but crowing about it... or am I remembering that wrong?

Irrelevant I guess. The point is, all these organizations should be meeting with legislators on one front but putting together legal action on another front ... and because those are both sensitive matters, only a fraction of it should be publicized at all - and only well after the fact. Just my (personal & professional) opinion! 

4 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I already have one of those. She hits me up every payday. 

Ha! Does that mean your wallet is empty already? Dammit! Foiled.

• Like 2

]Yes he was the one complaining about secret meetings.  

I agree with keeping plans guarded. What I disagree with is half revealing things. When teasers are ran it is usually for promotional purposes.

• Like 1

Interesting sidebar:  where is the line between disclosing everything to a cynical membership but also showing your hands to would be adversaries?  

What would we need to see that would convince us that he is doing something legitimate and not just self-stroking that wouldn’t put that strategy at more risk?

btw: it is not necessarily a bad thing meeting with members of the legislature, explaining that the bills are illegal, AND that your org has the funding and experience to fight it in court.  If they know this will be a long uphill battle they may find other windmills to tilt at. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

You just reminded me though... wasn't Roubian just a few months ago complaining to the press that ANJRPC was (gasp!) meeting "privately" with then-Lt. Governor Guadagno? He was ticked off as I recall like it was some horrific crime. Now he seems to be doing the exact same thing, but crowing about it... or am I remembering that wrong?

I had the exact same thought - they called out ANJRPC for the "behind closed doors meeting" with Guadagno, yet here they are getting all innuendo-ish with their behind closed doors dealings.

Whatever, we all have to move beyond past squabbles.  We need every...single..advocate and friend we can get.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Interesting sidebar:  where is the line between disclosing everything to a cynical membership but also showing your hands to would be adversaries?  

What would we need to see that would convince us that he is doing something legitimate and not just self-stroking that wouldn’t put that strategy at more risk?

btw: it is not necessarily a bad thing meeting with members of the legislature, explaining that the bills are illegal, AND that your org has the funding and experience to fight it in court.  If they know this will be a long uphill battle they may find other windmills to tilt at. 

Those are great questions! That's why communications is as much art as science. It really depends on the situation... and your audience.

My concern is: I would rate the audience (us!) right now as being a fairly desperate one, and understandably so... who can blame us?. That's a concern, because we're more likely to follow ANYONE promising salvation. Even if it's just a "hook" that's just looking for donations (I'm not saying that's what this is - I honestly don't know).

My main concern is: does he think we're the only ones that might look at the NJ2AS website or Facebook page? Aren't these legislators going to look too? And when they see all the "gotcha" tapes - is that a disincentive for them to negotiate in good faith? So yeah, this promotion might look great to SOME, but to ME... I worry that it was a miscalculation.

I'd also like to know the following:

• who the other board members are... because the only face/name I ever see is Alex's (and hell, he's his own cameraman now apparently) - so who's on the Board, what are their backgrounds, and what do they do?
  • what has the retention/attrition of board members been? What do former board members have to say about the org?
  • what do the financials look like & how is the money being used? etc.

Call me a killjoy, but those are the kinds of things I personally want to know about ANY organization before I fork over my hard-earned money. I don't expect an organization to share their strategy (loose lips sink ships) but I do like to hear TANGIBLE facts! I'm very disinclined to be drawn in by "promotion" - again, it's probably because of my work background.

But, I'm just one person... with one opinion... and I'm not always right (by a long shot)!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, capt14k said:

The SAPPA CASE CAN'T FAIL WE CAN'T LOSE !

Sound familiar? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'd also like to know the following:

* How are coordinating with other 2A orgs and is everyone on the same page and committed to the same strategy?

it would go a loooong way to have a joint statement from the various orgs on these new bills and their publically releasable strategy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray Ray said:

More like a front row seat to an ass pounding.

No offense cause I share your pessimism deep down.

But we've got to do SOMETHING. We at least have to try.

I know some people plan on "not complying" - fine by me you do what you want. Personally, I wouldn't ever want to be a single phone call from a busybody neighbor away from 10+ years in prison. But that's just me and I'm sure you think I'm a coward.