Pizza Bob

What Is This?

We need a little break from all the seriousness that is going on, so I thought I'd post this. This is an accessory for an item that I already own. I bid on this one a while back and unfortunately lost. You may be able to ascertain what it is from the poor photos (not mine), but the contest includes not only what it is, but what item, specifically, it fits (proper spelling counts).

Let the game begin...

30jn4g0.jpg

Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Boy, this went over like a fart in church. Both legitimate responses were were kind of correct, albeit incomplete. It is a muzzle brake (note spelling - not break) for a S&W Model of 1955, which came to be known as the Model 25 when they went to model numbers in 1958. Bullseye (NRA 2700) used to be the only gun game in town, and at one time was contested with revolvers. Usually a K22 (Model 17) for the rimfire portion, a K32 (Model 16) or K38 (Model 14) for the centerfire portion, and the Model of 1955 (Model 25) for the .45 ACP portion.

Just as with today's game, shooters were looking for every legal advantage they could find - muzzle brakes were one of those advantages. Raz-O, I wasn't even aware that they made a MB for the K38 until I found the same picture you did on TFB. Now I wonder if there were MB's for the K22 & K32 also. I knew of the MB for the .45 - here it is installed on a model 25 with an early optic...

33421s0.jpg

If I had won the auction, it is doubtful that I would have ever mounted it to the gun and used it, it was just a neat accessory that would have enhanced the value of the gun for my heirs.

Thanks for playing - ha!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Ray I remember some bullseye shooters using these in the 70s.  Never had much interest in these because I never had much interest in bullseye competition.

Combat master, you are.

• Like 1