Sign in to follow this  
Down South

New carry gun (maybe) G43

Picked up a G43 and I really like it. Last few years been carrying a S&W 9mm Shield , great gun. Now I just need to run some ammo through the 43 and see how it performs .

I've been using gold dot in my shield with no problems. Heading to range this weekend .   

I have the G42, wish at the time I would have taken the 43. It took me about 200 rounds to loosen up the spring and not have FTE and stove piping. I also had to put an extension on the mag so my pinkie could wrap around the grip and not dangle in the air.

30 minutes ago, rtquig said:

I have the G42, wish at the time I would have taken the 43. It took me about 200 rounds to loosen up the spring and not have FTE and stove piping. I also had to put an extension on the mag so my pinkie could wrap around the grip and not dangle in the air.

I got an early G42 which apparently had issues (like yours). I brought it to a GSSF match and the Glock Armorer replaced a bunch of parts for free. The gun now runs flawlessly.

I bought mine in May of 2016. The numbers on certain parts indicated it came updated. Glock sent me newer magazines, and I polished the feed ramp. It was also suggested to leave the slide open for a few days.

Haven't had one problem since.

Rich