mustang69

Sweeney on Fox News

Haven't seen this mentioned here yet, but there is a video on Fox News with Sweeney talking about NJ tax policy.  I hate to admit it but he actually sounds reasonable - even mentioning the problem in NJ is a spending issue, not a revenue issue.  

Yes, it may all be posturing so when Murphy crashes and burns Sweeney comes out smelling like a rose, but he certainly didn't sound like someone who would be pushing for everything Murphy wanted.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5714633708001/

Just how bad has this state gotten that Sweeney is sounding reasonable?  My concern now will be the Dems needing to find some issue to push so they appear to be doing something - and whatever they do will need to play to their base.  Gun laws fit that criteria...

• Like 1

Sweeney is the "Dicks Sporting Goods" of the gun community.   He supports the 2A BUT........

10 round magazines are reasonable

We should close the gunshow loophole

50. Cal rifles have no sporting use

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Sweeney is the "Dicks Sporting Goods" of the gun community.   He supports the 2A BUT........

10 round magazines are reasonable

We should close the gunshow loophole

50. Cal rifles have no sporting use

At best... he’s a fudd. At best

Sweeney is not saving black rifles or military types....forget it....not going to happen ....ever again.
Your only help resides in the courts as [mention=8404]capt14k[/mention] has stated
There is that slim chance that Sweeney hates Murphy enough to block anything Murphy wants, but it is unlikely. The courts are really the only hope.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

courts are hopless at least till trump appoints some judges who make their decisions on actual facts.
Trump already has. Once Kennedy retires at the end of the current term SCOTUS will hear 2A case.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Trump already has. Once Kennedy retires at the end of the current term SCOTUS will hear 2A case.

And ginsberg takes a dirt nap too!

16 minutes ago, 1563621 said:

And ginsberg takes a dirt nap too!

6 minutes ago, capt14k said:

That would be the cherry on top. Kennedy I think is a guarantee to retire.

Yup... The "Notorious RBG" ain't goin' nowhere. Not until another Liberal gets back in the Oval and the dems get control of the Senate.

Yup... The "Notorious RBG" ain't goin' nowhere. Not until another Liberal gets back in the Oval and the dems get control of the Senate.

Regardless of how evil she is she can't avoid the Grim Reaper.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Regardless of how evil she is she can't avoid the Grim Reaper.

She can certainly try.... and she will... like I say, at least until a more friendly (to the progressives) can be nominated/confirmed.

She can certainly try.... and she will... like I say, at least until a more friendly (to the progressives) can be nominated/confirmed.
She will try no doubt about that, but if she knows the secret to avoiding death we maybe in more trouble than we thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

i was meaning the circuit courts.....or doesn't he appoint them?

1 hour ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

think she's got another 8 or so years in her?

6 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

think she's got another 8 or so years in her?

Hopefully, we're still in power longer than that... (i.e. Trump's successor is elected - Pence, or  whomever).  Still, she will go down swingin'.  I expect her to depart while still sitting on the Bench...  whenever that may be for her. She won't retire on her own.  Only way I think she'd leave before her demise is if we're talking any kind of "neurological" clinical diagnosis (Alzheimer's, etc.).