Pew Pew Plates

Handgun empty table start technique

8 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Things I'm not used to

Glenn shooting competition

Glenn shooting ARs

Glenn shooting SA/DA

HAHA

So much has changed!  I still don't trust the AR platform, but it does make a really awesome 3-gun rifle.  It's practically the only way to go if you want to be competitive.  SA/DA?  Nope, I'm still stubborn, this one is SAO :B:):

Louu, video cred to the wifey!

OGG; thank you for the kind words, they motivate me!  Now I just gotta work on hand speed to get under 2.0 and still hit stuff

• Like 1

11 hours ago, glockncolts said:

Twice and with the safety off.

Thank you for the thoughtful contribution, however it was once if you're counting.

At no point were the range or NRA safety rules violated.  The firearm was treated as loaded.  The firearm was not pointed anywhere unsafe.  I was aware of it's condition the entire time, and it remained in my control.  Putting a loaded handgun on a table pointing down-range is not unsafe...  Now, if I was giving it to people, or walking away from it, it would be a different story.

Jeez!

• Like 4

Fukin internet know it alls. Nothing I hate more than the keyboard safety officer, worse than the safety guy on a construction sight. Shit, the man is just trying to help people out, get off his nuts.

I liked the video Glen, keep up the good work. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, tattooo said:

Here we go.....guess you missed the " get off his nuts " post....lol

Yeah, and apparently its very important to him that I put the gun down not once but twice with it "loaded"

Meanwhile, I watched the video (again) and still can't find that second time...

Maybe I was too fast for him to keep up at 0:11 when I snapped it out of the gun and caught it in my hand?

At the end of the day though, he just keeps bumping the post for me.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Yeah, and apparently its very important to him that I put the gun down not once but twice with it "loaded"
Maybe I was too fast for him to keep up at 0:11 when I snapped it out of the gun and caught it in my hand?
At the end of the day though, he just keeps bumping the post for me.  Thank you!
Yep I saw you catch that round. End of the day there is always that keyboard know it all. Great video and like Lou said whoever did the filming did an awesome job.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

Hey man, I'm not jumping on your nuts, but yes it was twice. Once at about 1:57 and again at the very end; same round in the chamber, two different occasions.

Note that I'm not saying you weren't safe, or situation was dangerous or that you weren't aware the gun was loaded or you weren't in control. I'm not saying any of that.

Nice video.  As far as doing this for competition (USPSA or IDPA), you generally cannot start with the hammer back on a table start.  Also if you put the gun down it must be in a safe condition, which means the safety on.  Also remember that on an unloaded start the magazine may only be loaded to division capacity, not plus one as you would start with a loaded start.  

Some people find it faster, especially with a gun with a magwell to place the magazine on the other side of the gun pointed into the magwell just a fraction of an inch from the gun.  At the buzzer your left hand goes to the top of the slide as your right hand slaps the magazine in and then just slides onto the grip as the left hand racks the slide.  If you practice this it can be faster that the standard method you have demonstrated quite well.

OMG. A loaded gun sitting on a table. So unsafe. It could have spun around at anytime and shot everybody in the room. Shame on you Glen.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 1

OMG. A loaded gun sitting on a table. So unsafe. It could have spun around at anytime and shot everybody in the room. Shame on you Glen.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

I'm surprised we haven't had someone crying that chamber wasn't open with a flag in it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1