MichaelDiggs

Alignment required

I have an Aimpoint H2 Micro Dot. Sitting on a Daniel Defense (lower 1/3) Aimpoint mount. I bought a Giessele 1/3 mount for a magnifier. Magnifier and Aimpoint did not line up at all. Was told by Giessele that there is no standard in these situations. I bet you'll all know the next question. Anyone know that a good magnifier mount at 1/3 that pivots to move out of the way when not needed will match up with a good Aimpoint 1/3 mount. I do really like those mounts that have that one large 1/4 bolt on on the outside and you can easily mount it by hand. Kind of like a hybrid. Comes off very easy and goes on the same. GG&&G looks like it may work and line up perfectly, but I'm definitely bringing that $130 Larue mount back which been marring my rail and in the cross bars too.

Damn thing.

Of course Giessele told you there is no standard. Want to guess why? Because their mounts are never inline with the industry accepted standard. And that's nothing new. Your magnifier mount is lower than "normal" 1/3 co-witness, no matter what they tell you. Their lower 1/3 optic mounts are all like that too.

I've had zero issues with my primary arms magnifier mount. And it's a true lower 1/3.

• Like 1