NJ_DD

Can this “law” really go through?

3 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

best bet for right now is to contact sweeney, he's on our side it seems

Well hopefully everyone takes those few minutes out of their day to make a phone call and/or write an email. No excuses for it. Have to do all that we can do. 

9 hours ago, NJ_DD said:

Well hopefully everyone takes those few minutes out of their day to make a phone call and/or write an email. No excuses for it. Have to do all that we can do. 

I am not discounting this and or as @Mrs. Peel has suggested - but you know  THEY DO NOT GIVE A CRAP WHAT YOU THINK!

Ask about the time in the rain cold and snow in Trenton where we were the comedy act for them - looking out at us from their warm windows inside laughing at the idiots protesting.

For right now - lawsuits lawsuits lawsuits...........every chance you can........hold their feet to the fire - as best you can.

Calls and emails are folly.....and a feel good push.

I was there in the cold, rain and snow for the rally. And I remember at the committee meeting the chairman suggesting that they hold the vote, and then open up the floor for comments. How nice. Then they all could have gone for coffee while we were spilling our guts.

If there were enough people in the state who were willing to interrupt their relatively comfortable (if somewhat expensive and restricted) lives to make the point and force Trenton to modify their course, it could be done. And peacefully.

If they passed a mag limit below 15 rounds, and 20,000 (or more) people went to Trenton waving 15 round mags in the air, that would clearly demonstrate, among other things, that the law was unenforceable. Yes they could arrest and prosecute a few, but thousands would go untouched. Unless of course Trenton is prepared to prosecute, convict and house 20,000 more criminals in the current system. This is classic Cloward and Piven. Overwhelm the system. Just like the civil rights marches of the 60's. It's effective. They forced progress for their cause.

Right now Trenton pays no price for these laws they dream up. That would need to change. Drastically. However I don't believe there's more than a couple hundred people (if that!) in the state willing to make that move and chance being the ones who wind up in jail. And that's not enough.

We're just not that uncomfortable. Yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 45Doll said:

I was there in the cold, rain and snow for the rally. And I remember at the committee meeting the chairman suggesting that they hold the vote, and then open up the floor for comments. How nice. Then they all could have gone for coffee while we were spilling our guts.

If there were enough people in the state who were willing to interrupt their relatively comfortable (if somewhat expensive and restricted) lives to make the point and force Trenton to modify their course, it could be done. And peacefully.

If they passed a mag limit below 15 rounds, and 20,000 (or more) people went to Trenton waving 15 round mags in the air, that would clearly demonstrate, among other things, that the law was unenforceable. Yes they could arrest and prosecute a few, but thousands would go untouched. Unless of course Trenton is prepared to prosecute, convict and house 20,000 more criminals in the current system. This is classic Cloward and Piven. Overwhelm the system. Just like the civil rights marches of the 60's. It's effective. They forced progress for their cause.

Right now Trenton pays no price for these laws they dream up. That would need to change. Drastically. However I don't believe there's more than a couple hundred people (if that!) in the state willing to make that move and chance being the ones who wind up in jail. And that's not enough.

We're just not that uncomfortable. Yet.

You willing to go to jail? 

Most arent....  and ur right we r not that uncomfortable as yet....soon but not yet

When there r other free states why be a felon in one and lose your rights permanently.....nationwide....?  Someone here said that and was spot on....

Thats where I think to comparing civil rights marches to pro 2a marches is different ......

Also it would be nice to channel Franklin saying surely we should hang together because we will hang alone...or something like that.....

Not discounting your methods and means....we may get there....but for now let's see what the courts can and will do....this is coming to a head nationwide and a ruling must be made.

I would not go to jail over this issue by myself to make a statement. Completely ineffective.

I will say I'm not that uncomfortable yet. Probably because last year I bought a house in PA. I am fortunate to have convenient options.

• Like 1

I wonder how many folks that have places in PA - would be willing to assist others in NJ to house items that may potentially be verboten in NJ soon?

To me it would be rather easy to have the person setup a safe in the basement for their items - keep locked - key on them and let it sit there till things clear up.

PS love the tag line @45Doll channeling your inner Merc there Mr. Shannon? :)

I'm sure such discussions have taken place. I'm sure that some safe rooms have been built, some alarm systems installed etc. Americans are a resilient bunch.

As for the tag line: "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

Best regards up here in Sussex.

Jamie

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I'm sure such discussions have taken place. I'm sure that some safe rooms have been built, some alarm systems installed etc. Americans are a resilient bunch.

As for the tag line: "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

Best regards up here in Sussex.

Jamie

:drinks:

710x528_11144990_6187176_1512902545.jpg

2 hours ago, Albanian said:

Nj will become the worst of the states in terms of gun rights during Murphy’s reign.

And this is where things get skewed to the readers.

replacewith:

” New Jersey will become the worst of the states for freedom of speech during Murphy’s reign”.... same constitutional guaranteed right...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

And this is where things get skewed to the readers.

replacewith:

” New Jersey will become the worst of the states for freedom of speech during Murphy’s reign”.... same constitutional guaranteed right...

Exactly... Natural rights are ALL protected from government over reach no matter what. Somehow, we lost the message on this subject or we simply were complacent. However, it's time to take back the message and let people know the right to self defense should not be limited or dictated by government. That's what happened in the USSR, Germany and Mao's China. Make it about the women, saving children and the right to protect one another from evil. A right is a right and none of the Bill of rights can be trampled and dictated by government

• Like 2

Just now, mikelets456 said:

Exactly... Natural rights are ALL protected from government over reach no matter what. Somehow, we lost the message on this subject or we simply were complacent. However, it's time to take back the message and let people know the right to self defense should not be limited or dictated by government. That's what happened in the USSR, Germany and Mao's China. Make it about the women, saving children and the right to protect one another from evil. A right is a right and none of the Bill of rights can be trampled and dictated by government

Why they call it the bill of rights. Blows away this apparition of state’s rights vs citizens rights. You reside in a state. You have constitutionally protected rights in every state of this nation.

10 minutes ago, JimB1 said:

I also want to point out that this is not just going to affect AR-15s. Everyone I know has a PCC of some sort, Beretta CX4, HiPoint 995, 4095, 4595, KelTec Sub2k, among others will all be illegal. 

-Jim

This is why I think this is ridiculous. Basically taking away every rifle other than a “hunting rifle” and shot gun. And if they make the magazine capacity limit to 5, that takes away most pistols as well. Even revolvers are 6 shot... my point being is, every single guns store and range etc will see a drastic decrease in business. And if it happens here, it will spread to other states and I just don’t see a billion dollar industry just going away or taking a loss for billions because liberals don’t understand that the “gun issue” doesn’t start with law biding firearm owners. 

53 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

It's because the folks here believe it's LE's job to protect them and they don't need to protect themselves in NJ......it's been conveyed by this state forever......even though it's not true, LE's job is to uphold the law.

You give them too much credit. LE's job is to arrest someone, anyone. And collect taxes to balance the budget.

1 hour ago, xXxplosive said:

It's because the folks here believe it's LE's job to protect them and they don't need to protect themselves in NJ......it's been conveyed by this state forever......even though it's not true, LE's job is to uphold the law.

I said that to someone at work, they didn't believe me so I told them to look up Warren v DC and Castle Rock v Gonzales.  They still didn't believe me.  Some people are unteachable and end up being a danger to themselves and the public.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diamondd817 said:

"Can this law really go through?"

Yes.

And I have yet to see one NJ gun law/restriction repealed or struck down in court.

Thats because they're never taken to court in the first place.  No wonder the state feels so emboldened when it comes to their anti gun laws. Lets hope history changes real soon.