Sign in to follow this  
Ray Ray

Mossberg 590M

23 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I'll pass

100 clams for a magazine?  And it only comes with 1?  And it's only a 5 rounder?

Adios, lasagna Ray

I doubt it'll be $100 for a mag when all is said and done.  It does look like they went all out in creating a sturdy mag.

1 hour ago, samtechlan said:

I doubt it'll be $100 for a mag when all is said and done.  It does look like they went all out in creating a sturdy mag.

I'm sure it's structurally sound and reliable.  And I'm sure the price will have to be negotiated.  I would have rather seen a dedicated design around this concept instead of, "hey, let's copy Remington and put a magazine under the loading port!".  

This gun is just a range toy, nothing more.  

And I still want one

So who has one? Was talking to Ira about them, he has them in stock. Want some real life reviews, not the on-line BS. If I have to be the guinea pig then so be it. Hey Blueline, you have a few yet? I figure you or Ray Ray must have taken the plunge......

I ordered the Tactical version from Ira, he stocks the normal version. He said the mags are big and heavy. Well, I will be using a 20 rounder, so I betcha it will have some weight to it! I told him I will let him know how it holds-up. Using it for Knockdown Steel at OBRPC. I use my Saiga-12, but want to try something else. I hope the 20 round mag isn't in the way to work the action, I'll know next week. That gun puts me in Open, but that's fine, I'm already there with the Saiga.

On 7/21/2018 at 2:49 PM, M4BGRINGO said:

I ordered the Tactical version from Ira, he stocks the normal version. He said the mags are big and heavy. Well, I will be using a 20 rounder, so I betcha it will have some weight to it! I told him I will let him know how it holds-up. Using it for Knockdown Steel at OBRPC. I use my Saiga-12, but want to try something else. I hope the 20 round mag isn't in the way to work the action, I'll know next week. That gun puts me in Open, but that's fine, I'm already there with the Saiga.

I own a Mossberg 590 8+1 and fully understand the fact that a pump is not subject to the various AWB feature restrictions. However isn’t this 20 round mag itself still subject to the mag ban?  OR is it ok because it does not fit any existing semi-auto firearm?

4 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

I own a Mossberg 590 8+1 and fully understand the fact that a pump is not subject to the various AWB feature restrictions. However isn’t this 20 round mag itself still subject to the mag ban?  OR is it ok because it does not fit any existing semi-auto firearm?

Only if the magazine can be used in a semiautomatic firearm. If it's a proprietary design only for pumps it will be good to go. 

On 7/25/2018 at 9:06 AM, ChrisJM981 said:

Only if the magazine can be used in a semiautomatic firearm. If it's a proprietary design only for pumps it will be good to go. 

Yeah, try to buy one! Every single place I tried to buy one from won't sell it to me because I am in NJ. So it Paul wants to sell me one then he will get my business. Otherwise it is either a drive to PA or DE to get one, or have someone in free America do it for me. They all think that ANY MAG over 10 rounds is now illegal in NJ, doesn't matter if it is a pump action gun OR a semi.