Granby140@aol.com

Ruger precision rimfire

Am interested as well.  Am waiting to see what kind of accuracy people get at 50 yards with it.  Wondering whether it is any more accurate than my Mossberg 144LSB  22lr target rifle (circa 1974).  I recently acquired a Ruger Precision Rifle in 223/556 somthat is my focus right now.

What kind of pricing is expected?

It may make the short list, once there are a lot more reviews. I have been making up a list of .22 rifles to upgrade to after my Mark II. Right now, I'm still thinking Anschutz 64 or 54 -action-based. I want something for 100yd accuracy if/when I outgrow the MarkII, and I have liked Anschutz since I first held one days after getting my first .22 rifle (which cost about 1/8th what that 64 did).

On 1/23/2018 at 8:26 AM, fishnut said:

I'll pass on the .22 but I would buy one if they make it in .17

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/12/magnum-ruger-precision-rimfire-rifle-and-bx-15-magnum-magazine/#axzz5aBjSb3kI

I guess I'll be buying one soon.

I run a match at Quinton Sportsmens Club and we shoot steel silhouettes targets @ 50 /75 /100 /150/ 200m .

I have seen several impressive score right out of the box with those rifles.

If I did not already have several CZ rifles< I would buy one of those.

Some kind fellow had one at Cherry Ridge with a cheapo scope and folding bipod and let me squeeze off a few rounds. I was shooting my scopes XT22 freehand just before and this was like shooting laser beams at 50 yards!

I really liked how the long handguard allowed the bipod to be mounted so far forward.  If I didn’t already have the XT22, I would definitely consider this.