Scorpio64

Eff the NFL Super Bowl Party

Is anyone interested in organizing a "screw the super bowl party" for 2/4/18?  I can't think of a better way to spend my time on Super Bowl Sunday, or any other Sunday for that matter, but especially SBS.  Could be a Range-14 GTG or a Super Bowl shotgun shootout. 

Input?

UPDATE:  As of 1/28 we have...

Scorpio64,  Yes

Zeke, Yes

Mrs. Z,  Yes

Voyager, Definite maybe.

RayRay, Yes

Peel, Yes

Gunsrlegal, Yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, louu said:

Steel challenge at CJ, as long as the weather is ok I'll be there and youze guys should be too.

I’m going to try and show up to check things out. Is there a place I can find the full schedule for steel challenge events at CJ?

5 minutes ago, Tony13 said:

I’m going to try and show up to check things out. Is there a place I can find the full schedule for steel challenge events at CJ?

http://www.cjrpc.org/index.cfm?wpid=7

I'm surprised at the number of events open to the public.

Super Bowl Sunday is always a ski day for me.   Even though the game starts well after the lifts close, people stay home from the slopes.  Especially when northeast teams are playing.   So I'm looking forward to short lift lines.

30 minutes ago, 10X said:

Super Bowl Sunday is always a ski day for me.   Even though the game starts well after the lifts close, people stay home from the slopes.  Especially when northeast teams are playing.   So I'm looking forward to short lift lines.

This is not a bad idea! Blue mtn lights are on till 10pm. 

33 minutes ago, 10X said:

One of my favorite weekends I can remember was sumitting Mt Washington then coming down and watching the Super Bowl at a nearby bar with my brother. Unrelated I know, but. 

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

One of my favorite weekends I can remember was sumitting Mt Washington then coming down and watching the Super Bowl at a nearby bar with my brother. Unrelated I know, but. 

Sounds like a good time to me

17 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Crap!  It's going to rain Sunday.

The game isn't this Sunday.   Though I've got to respect anyone who doesn't know when the Super Bowl is scheduled; it's a sign of having more important priorities!

• Like 3

Just now, 10X said:

The game isn't this Sunday.   Though I've got to respect anyone who doesn't know when the Super Bowl is scheduled; it's a sign of having more important priorities!

This is what happens when you have cabin fever.

12 hours ago, Tony13 said:

Show up and shoot! Steel challenge it THE place to get started. The link Scorpio posted is good also check out http://steelscoring.com/#/events make an account and you can pre register for lots of different matches in the area in seconds. 

You don't need a holster, belt or mag pouches to get started. If you do have those things and your comfortable drawing from a holster bring them and use them but like I said it's not required. 

Obviously you will need safety glasses and hearing protection. About 200-250 rounds you'll probably use around 180. If your shooting a rim fire pistol the start is always low ready so no holster required. Center fire is optional. 

The big thing is safe tables, do not uncase your gun until you tell someone you are new and ask about the safe table. (I don't feel like typing it all out but it's really simple)

You will need at least 4 magazines, 5 is what you should have but if you only have 4 someone can load one for you while you shoot.

Now there is literally a shit ton of divisions in Steel challenge so any gun and sight combination you have will work.

Any questions feel free to pm me your number and time to call (it's goes for anyone)

Get ready to have a ton of fun and become a better shooter really fast.