Sign in to follow this  
10X

Compliance work on Ruger 22/45 Lite pistol?

Does anyone know how practical it is to permanently pin the thread protector onto the threaded barrel of this gun?

Ruger 22/45 Lite

I don't have one to look at, but I'd think the thread protector is Aluminum (since the gun was designed to be extremely light), and I'm not sure if the thread protector screws onto the aluminum barrel shroud, or onto the thin barrel within.   I'm familiar with pin-and-weld compliance work on ARs, but not sure how the game changes if the parts are aluminum.  TIG weld?  

Yes, I know the gun should be legal as-is today, I'm just wondering if it would be a major headache if the laws suddenly change and we don't get quick relief from the courts.

I'm also aware that Ruger makes a non-threaded barrel version of the 22/45 Lite, but I'm ignoring that one for now.

On 8/9/2018 at 6:55 PM, bootman said:

Davidson's stopped selling threaded barreled hanguns to NJ this year.

I'm not sure where you got this info but Davidson's has no policy in place regarding threaded barrels~! 

Threaded barrels on a handgun are not restricted in NJ, so that wouldn't even make sense.........

• Like 1