John Boy

Governor Murphy, Senate President Stephen Sweeney, and Attorney General Gurbir Grewal launched a full scale attack on the right of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves with a firearm outside the home, otherwise known as right to carry.

Hey Sweeney, turn in your CC permit, you two faced hypocrite

January 26, 2018.  At today’s “gun safety” announcement, Governor Murphy, Senate President Stephen Sweeney, and Attorney General Gurbir Grewal launched a full scale attack on the right of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves with a firearm outside the home, otherwise known as right to carry. 

Murphy announced an intention to reverse Governor Christie’s executive order allowing those facing serious threats to qualify for a handgun carry permit, and to challenge any federal action on right to carry reciprocity.

ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach slammed the move.  “The U.S. Supreme Court has repeatedly held that police have no duty to protect individual citizens, which means you’re on your own in an emergency.  It is an outrage that the same government that abandons its duty to keep us safe is also working to prevent us from protecting ourselves. Governor Murphy will have the blood of more innocents like Carol Bowne on his hands.”

Bach continued, “New Jersey is going to have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into legal recognition of the right to defend yourself outside the home.  ANJRPC is more than happy to oblige and will be at the forefront of the movement to restore this fundamental right.”

Please forward this email to every gun owner you know, and if you don’t already receive alerts from ANJRPC please subscribe to our free email alerts for the latest Second Amendment breaking news and action alerts.

About ANJRPC: The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs is the official New Jersey affiliate of the NRA, and is New Jersey’s oldest, largest, and most effective Second Amendment advocacy organization.

they did nothing, i agree. other than prime everyone for what's coming down the pike.

that said....OP is correct. we should launch an effort to have all of these politicians have their ccw's revoked. if they have justifiable need, then we do. if we don't have justifiable need, then they don't. it really is that simple.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Murphy and Sweeney did absolutely nothing yesterday. They reversed Christie's language change on justifiable need that also did absolutely nothing! No CCW then and none now!

I tend to disagree - it was a statement of intention - an opening salvo, if you will. Though it may have been done, in part, to virtue signal to the Bloomberg crowd... they're ALSO saying that a constitutional right that has been made NEARLY impossible to exercise in this state will now be ABSOLUTELY impossible. I think it's an outrage - as they all stand up there with their own CC permits and or armed security. It's offensive.

• Like 4

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

I tend to disagree - it was a statement of intention - an opening salvo, if you will. Though it may have been done, in part, to virtue signal to the Bloomberg crowd... they're ALSO saying that a constitutional right that has been made NEARLY impossible to exercise in this state will now be ABSOLUTELY impossible. I think it's an outrage - as they all stand up there with their own CC permits and or armed security. It's offensive.

I agree with you in principle. In all actuality though, nothing is changed! Then or now. That is where I was coming from.

26 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Murphy and Sweeney did absolutely nothing yesterday. They reversed Christie's language change on justifiable need that also did absolutely nothing! No CCW then and none now!

You're correct.  Democrats like to make people they did something significant whether it accomplished anything or not.

It's all about appearances to them.

• Like 3

It’s not about reversing the CC order that’s meaningful—it’s the words they used to damn the action.  Trump’s travel ban was suspended by a liberal court because of public comments leading the court to believe that he was targeting Muslims.  Murphy and his AG may have made the same misstep stating no good comes from more people having guns on the street.  What?  No ackowneldgement that I’m not, and the rest of us are not, criminals?  

It’s a process called lumping.  Lumping together law abiding gun owners and criminals.  Same with immigration—you only hear the Trump administration is attacking immigrants, leaving the word illegal out, thus lumping them with legal immigrants.  It’s a distraction for the weak minded, see definition of liberal supporter, to think something bad is happening.  Making a point on an untrue premise is no point at all.  However, when’s that ever stopped a Democrat?   

I hope some organization takes this attack to courts the same way the libtards did with the travel ban.  

• Like 3

NJ has pretty much announced your 2A rights end at your front door.  They’ll also try to say they don’t exist in your house at some point.  I think they’ve made their first tactical error with the contents of that speech.  

19 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I too disagree for the same reasons but more.  For those who feel he did nothing don't know the fear of living with a nut job out there somewhere ready to ignore a Judge's restraining order and come back to beat you and your children or worse.  Gov. Beaver Face just spit in the eye of every battered and abused woman needing to protect herself and children.  It wasn't even to carry but just to have one in her nightstand.  It just put her at the head of the line from us.  But he's so far removed from real life on his billionaire cloud that he scuffs it off the fear and need of protection that police can't supply and the abused need so badly.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BobA said:

I too disagree for the same reasons but more.  For those who feel he did nothing don't know the fear of living with a nut job out there somewhere ready to ignore a Judge's restraining order and come back to beat you and your children or worse.  Gov. Beaver Face just spit in the eye of every battered and abused woman needing to protect herself and children.  It wasn't even to carry but just to have one in her nightstand.  It just put her at the head of the line from us.  But he's so far removed from real life on his billionaire cloud that he scuffs it off the fear and need of protection that police can't supply and the abused need so badly.

Well put! How did I even miss that angle? You are spot-on.

33 minutes ago, BobA said:

So he’s prejudiced against gun owners, anti women and anti elderly/ disabled. Pro illegal immigrant.

and when you rilly Crunch the numbers only 18% voted FOR him

14 minutes ago, Zeke said:

So he’s prejudiced against gun owners, anti women and anti elderly/ disabled. Pro illegal immigrant.

Crooked and bad politicians are voted in. By the people who don’t vote. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zeke said:

He’s prejudice against anyone who doesn’t fit his shitty Dr Cockteau like progressive vision.  Gun owners, people who work, people who immigrate legally.  We don’t fit in the new Sanageles that’s being created in N.J.   Oh, and have a joy-joy day. 

On 1/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, Zeke said:

if only 18% voted for him, and we all did our parts, how the hell did he win? or was the "fix" already in?

3 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

if only 18% voted for him, and we all did our parts, how the hell did he win? or was the "fix" already in?

If you got every gun owner, and went with optimistic estimates of gun ownership in NJ, you are only at 12.5% of the population. More realistically we represent 10% of the population of NJ. Nor do we vote as a monolithic entity, nor do we roll out 100% of those owners. So... no need for a fix. 

7 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

If you got every gun owner, and went with optimistic estimates of gun ownership in NJ, you are only at 12.5% of the population. More realistically we represent 10% of the population of NJ. Nor do we vote as a monolithic entity, nor do we roll out 100% of those owners. So... no need for a fix. 

And 10% of the populace works for the state. Add in the highest voter apathy, and most % out migration.

its actually disconcerting 

10 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

when i said "doing our parts" i meant informing those on the fence about his bad policies too. like taxes. to be honest, when i talked to my friends about him, i never once mentioned his guns policies unless they brought them up. i harped on his tax policies, which is what virtually everyone can understand is bad, regardless of which way they lean.

• Like 1